Jump to content
justanotherposter

Can Jon Get Burnt?

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

If someone were to magically infuse their blood with the ability to resist fire, would that be the people who controlled dragons or the people who were fighting against the dragons?

Well, the Rhoynar did lose that war, so it can't have been too effective. But then if it's only one Targaryen over the generations since Mariah Martell who's only partly resistant to fire, I guess a partial but insufficient success is enough to explain that.

Anyway, I like the idea that all of the Targs' magical attributes come not from maintaining a pure line, but the exact opposite. Daenerys has the blood of Valyrian dragonlords through Targaryen (and Velaryon and Rogare) ancestry, Rhoynish kings through Martell, First Men kings through Blackwood, Andal kings through Arryn, and whatever the Daynes actually come from.

Adding Stark into the mix may add something new despite the Blackwoods already being there, if they have some kind of special ice thing separate from the other First Men because they bred with Others or something, but what they really need is some people with Deep One blood from the Iron Islands or Hightower.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Targaryen "Dragons" that are immune to fire aren't actually a thing.  BookDany survives the bone fire due to whatever magic hatched the eggs. BookDany isn't immune to fire anymore and is, in fact, burned later in the series.  

ShowDany was inexplicably made immune to fire without any rhyme or reason other than providing for dramatic scenes like in vaes dothrak. Even in the show Dany's immunity is unique. No Targaryens in history have been identified as a "Dragon" due to an immunity to fire.  

In the books Targaryens are just one valyrian house, and a minor house at that. Valyrian's were otherworldly with features such as the silver hair and violet eyes. They were not known for an immunity to fire.  

maybe someday the show will explain Dany's immunity, but I doubt it. 

Ok, fair enough... Maybe that's the reason why they call her "The unburnt"... Because I know that in the books and the show, Targaryen get their nicknames from particular things that occur to them or they particular behaviour or personnality... Such as Aerys "The mad king"... And Rhaegar was more of a singer... And Jaehaerys was very calm called something like the "Conciliator"? I read the books in french so I don't know the exact word in english... Aegon the Conqueror... I don't know... But clearly, in the show, they made it look like Dany was Fireproof... And she sent that girl to her brother's tent to spy on him ... And when he was hurt by the candle, it was a way to show that he wasn't immune to fire... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Targaryen "Dragons" that are immune to fire aren't actually a thing.  BookDany survives the bone fire due to whatever magic hatched the eggs. BookDany isn't immune to fire anymore and is, in fact, burned later in the series.  

ShowDany was inexplicably made immune to fire without any rhyme or reason other than providing for dramatic scenes like in vaes dothrak. Even in the show Dany's immunity is unique. No Targaryens in history have been identified as a "Dragon" due to an immunity to fire.  

In the books Targaryens are just one valyrian house, and a minor house at that. Valyrian's were otherworldly with features such as the silver hair and violet eyes. They were not known for an immunity to fire.  

maybe someday the show will explain Dany's immunity, but I doubt it. 

But then I still don't understand why Dany said "Fire cannot kill a dragon". She wasn't just referring to herself... It was like a statement... A fact...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

If someone were to magically infuse their blood with the ability to resist fire, would that be the people who controlled dragons or the people who were fighting against the dragons?

Good question... Aegon the conqueror only had 6 kingdoms if i'm right...? Dornish people fought bravely against the dragons... mmmmmmh;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Because I know that in the books and the show, Targaryen get their nicknames from particular things that occur to them or they particular behaviour or personnality... Such as Aerys "The mad king"... And Rhaegar was more of a singer...

Rhaegar the Hollow-Chested... if you know what I mean... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

But then I still don't understand why Dany said "Fire cannot kill a dragon". She wasn't just referring to herself... It was like a statement... A fact...

Even if she believed it to be a statement of fact, that doesn't mean she was right. Most of the teaching she got from her brother was probably him spouting slogans like "Fire cannot kill a dragon" over and over. So she thought it was literally true. But she never saw it put to the test, because Viserys wasn't quite as crazy as some of their ancestors (or just because he was a bit of a coward when he wasn't drunk off his ass). So the first time it was finally tested, fire killed Viserys. So obviously he wasn't a dragon.

At this point, she's 6 years older and wiser, and presumably she gets that "fire cannot kill a dragon" is a metaphorical slogan; there's no magical force that prevents all proper Targaryens from being burned any more than there's a magical force that helps Lannisters pay their debts or prevents Martells from bowing or bending, which is why her being "Unburnt" is actually a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcotron said:

Even if she believed it to be a statement of fact, that doesn't mean she was right. Most of the teaching she got from her brother was probably him spouting slogans like "Fire cannot kill a dragon" over and over. So she thought it was literally true. But she never saw it put to the test, because Viserys wasn't quite as crazy as some of their ancestors (or just because he was a bit of a coward when he wasn't drunk off his ass). So the first time it was finally tested, fire killed Viserys. So obviously he wasn't a dragon.

At this point, she's 6 years older and wiser, and presumably she gets that "fire cannot kill a dragon" is a metaphorical slogan; there's no magical force that prevents all proper Targaryens from being burned any more than there's a magical force that helps Lannisters pay their debts or prevents Martells from bowing or bending, which is why her being "Unburnt" is actually a big deal.

was he drunk a lot in the books? he didnt seem that way in the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, princess brittany said:

was he drunk a lot in the books? he didnt seem that way in the show.

No, that's the point—he doesn't get drunk a lot, he's usually a coward, and that's why he survives as long as he does. When he does get drunk off his ass, stumbling into the tent at that feast and demanding to be seated like a king and refusing to back down this time, that's when he dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2017 at 10:25 AM, The Bastard of Summer said:

If  chooses not to wear a lambskin condom then yes. It is very possible. He may have already been burned. He did sleep with Yrigget beyond the wall unprotected several times. It's not possible to pinpoint all her pervious lovers. Now if he chooses to sleep with Dany unprotected he could risk getting a serious burn. She slept with Drogo who was a known rapist. He barebacked so many lambmen and women. Then there was Hizdar Jizzrag. Only the Seven know who he slapped bare skins with. Then last there is Daario. His name alone is proof that he doesn't believe in protection. I'm sure just like Drogo he barebacks many slavemen and slave women.  So lonh story short if Jon isn't careful he could indeed get burnt.

I like the way you think.

And you didn't just crack the joke, and leave it at that.

Oh, no.  You went on and on and on, dragging character after character after character into it.

You worked it over, and milked it dry.

Under the right circumstances, I think we could be very good friends.

P.S.  Are you sure you're female?  You wouldn't be "catfishing" by any chance, would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cron said:

I like the way you think.

And you didn't just crack the joke, and leave it at that.

Oh, no.  You went on and on and on, dragging character after character after character into it.

You worked it over, and milked it dry.

Under the right circumstances, I think we could be very good friends.

P.S.  Are you sure you're female?  You wouldn't be "catfishing" by any chance, would you?

I'm very much so a female. Last time I checked anyway. My uterus likes to remind me when I forget anyhow. I don't catfish. Hell I don't even like fish (tastes too much like the ocean).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, falcotron said:

Even if she believed it to be a statement of fact, that doesn't mean she was right. Most of the teaching she got from her brother was probably him spouting slogans like "Fire cannot kill a dragon" over and over. So she thought it was literally true. But she never saw it put to the test, because Viserys wasn't quite as crazy as some of their ancestors (or just because he was a bit of a coward when he wasn't drunk off his ass). So the first time it was finally tested, fire killed Viserys. So obviously he wasn't a dragon.

At this point, she's 6 years older and wiser, and presumably she gets that "fire cannot kill a dragon" is a metaphorical slogan; there's no magical force that prevents all proper Targaryens from being burned any more than there's a magical force that helps Lannisters pay their debts or prevents Martells from bowing or bending, which is why her being "Unburnt" is actually a big deal.

Understood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I'm very much so a female. Last time I checked anyway. My uterus likes to remind me when I forget anyhow. I don't catfish. Hell I don't even like fish (tastes too much like the ocean).

HAR!!

Okay, just kidding around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Jon Snow can't burn, he can't freeze, he can't drown, he can't be eaten, he can't be cut down, he is more undefeatable than the avengers. The only person who is more undefeatable is Wolverine who can't even be stabbed. Jon could be stabbed at least. The plot armor is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2017 at 2:44 PM, RhaenysB said:

No. Jon Snow can't burn, he can't freeze, he can't drown, he can't be eaten, he can't be cut down, he is more undefeatable than the avengers. The only person who is more undefeatable is Wolverine who can't even be stabbed. Jon could be stabbed at least. The plot armor is ridiculous. 

Yes Jon can be burnt... In season one when he rescued The Lord Commander he couldn't hold the torch/lamp he threw at the blue eyed dead person

Edited by Being Daenerys Targaryen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×