Cersei's invitation.

Danny-

18 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

yes. And even if Cersei really believes Jaime (and Olenna) that Sansa wasn't behind it, Sansa still would be seen as a traitor for marryng Ramsay and helping Jon.

More of an issue is that there is no way Sansa would know that anyone in KL now knows she wasn't a party to Joff's murder......

And shouldn't LF also be getting an invitation then?  LOLZ.

The more you think about GOT plot, the worse it is, like an onion, layers and layers of things that do not compute.

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

More of an issue is that there is no way Sansa would know that anyone in KL now knows she wasn't a party to Joff's murder......

And shouldn't LF also be getting an invitation then?  LOLZ.

The more you think about GOT plot, the worse it is, like an onion, layers and layers of things that do not compute.

Yeah, Sansa doesn't know it of course. What I meant is that even though Cersei knows she wasn't the one behind Joffrey's murder (if Cersei believes it ofc), there still a few "crimes" that Sansa committed, so it's still dangerous for her to go anywhere near KL.

Poor LF though - not only D&D make him act like an idiot and say nonsensial lines, but also nobody cares about him being lord paramount of the trident, lord of Harrenhall and de facto leader of the Vale army.

26 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Yeah, Sansa doesn't know it of course. What I meant is that even though Cersei knows she wasn't the one behind Joffrey's murder (if Cersei believes it ofc), there still a few "crimes" that Sansa committed, so it's still dangerous for her to go anywhere near KL.

Poor LF though - not only D&D make him act like an idiot and say nonsensial lines, but also nobody cares about him being lord paramount of the trident, lord of Harrenhall and de facto leader of the Vale army.

I don't think he was ever Lord Paramount of the Trident in the show. I think show Tywin gave the Freys control of the Riverlands.

On 22.08.2017 at 10:27 AM, Haskelltier said:

I don't think that the invitation is from Jon or Daenerys. Jon chose Sansa as ruler over Winterfell (and the North) in his absence. So she should stay in Winterfell and shouldn't go to Kings Landing where anything could happen and where she cannot do her duty. In addition Jon, the King in the North, will be there personally, so there shouldn't really be any need to send Sansa or a second representative from Winterfell.

Exactly. The very idea that anyone would invite Sansa is silly.

On 22.08.2017 at 4:09 PM, Nerevanin said:

but that would mean that Cersei knows that Jon went off to visit Daenerys. She knows that he has been declared a king. I doubt that Jon / Sansa would kindly inform Cersei that Jon is sailing on one ship so Cersei could attack him and kill him.

No, but Tyrion probably told Jaime about Jon's involvement in the whole thing.

5 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Where is Jon?

Well, we know she hasn't heard from him in weeks. So, whatever he's up to, it can't be that important. Maybe he's hanging out on Dragonstone mining obsidian, maybe he's leading an expedition beyond the Wall, who knows, he's only the King, his people don't need to know. And likewise, why should Sansa try to consult her King on a matter as trivial as their relations with Queen Cersei?

Ruling that way worked out great for Richard the Lionheart and his brother John, I'm sure it'll work out just as well for Jon and Sansa.

14 hours ago, falcotron said:

Well, we know she hasn't heard from him in weeks. So, whatever he's up to, it can't be that important. Maybe he's hanging out on Dragonstone mining obsidian, maybe he's leading an expedition beyond the Wall, who knows, he's only the King, his people don't need to know. And likewise, why should Sansa try to consult her King on a matter as trivial as their relations with Queen Cersei?

Ruling that way worked out great for Richard the Lionheart and his brother John, I'm sure it'll work out just as well for Jon and Sansa.

Jon left and said I leave you the North... He litteraly left the North and gave it to her whilst he is on something else...

And why doesn't she just ask Bran? Sansa knows he sees things... He has visions... haha! Go! "Hey Bran..."

*GPS* ... *ON*!

"Ok! Siri? Find Jon, The King In The North..."

Ok I was just joking...

But why would poeple want Sansa to consult Jon when he's not even there and before going he said he was leaving the north in good hands... Hers. So she some kind of "Queen in The North"... 

3 hours ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

I don't think any Stark in their right mind would accept an invitation to KL. Sending Brienne on the mission is also a strange choice, other than conveniently removing her from WF. Brienne is a warrior, not a diplomat. I suppose she can be a stand-in for Sansa if Jon is there, but that's about it.

Why would Sansa even be invited at all if Jon will be there?  So, Brienne going in place of Sansa when Jon is there is...wait for it....nonsensical.  Unless Sansa is talking about Jon's invitation as her own, in which case, she probably shouldn't be sending some random person who isn't even a Northerner off to represent.  

31 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why would Sansa even be invited at all if Jon will be there?  So, Brienne going in place of Sansa when Jon is there is...wait for it....nonsensical.  Unless Sansa is talking about Jon's invitation as her own, in which case, she probably shouldn't be sending some random person who isn't even a Northerner off to represent.  

Does Cersei know that Jon's been hanging out on Dragonstone with Daenerys?

Even if she does, Cersei hates Sansa, and wouldn't pass on the opportunity to get a shot at Sansa.

For that matter, was the invitation explicitly for Sansa, or merely the ruler of Winterfell/the North? Or even for Jon, but since Sansa's acting as his proxy in the North, she's invited. Maybe it was for Jon and Sansa, not just Sansa.

3 hours ago, Kytheros said:

Does Cersei know that Jon's been hanging out on Dragonstone with Daenerys?

Even if she does, Cersei hates Sansa, and wouldn't pass on the opportunity to get a shot at Sansa.

For that matter, was the invitation explicitly for Sansa, or merely the ruler of Winterfell/the North? Or even for Jon, but since Sansa's acting as his proxy in the North, she's invited. Maybe it was for Jon and Sansa, not just Sansa.

Could be addressed to the ruler, not Sansa personally, because Brienne says "you are the lady of Winterfell".

11 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Jon left and said I leave you the North... He litteraly left the North and gave it to her whilst he is on something else...

Yes, he left her as his steward, he didn't will her the North or anything. That's why she's Lady of Winterfell rather than Queen in the North or Warden of the North, and that's why there's a whole plot about "maybe the Northern Lords would prefer you to Jon".

Which is why I brought up Richard the Lionheart. Richard was still King, but with no way to communicate with him, England went to hell in a handbasket. Jon has just set the same thing up in the North, and, unlike Richard, he's done so intentionally. (Richard named separate people as heir and steward, and appointed multiple people to prevent John from becoming too powerful, and meanwhile, he was out of communication because communication was virtually impossible, not because he just didn't bother to call home.)

Anyway, I think Sansa, and the Northern Lords, are being reasonable in assuming that if Jon hasn't sent a raven, whatever's going on must not be that big a deal, even if, as it turns out, they're completely wrong.

11 hours ago, falcotron said:

Yes, he left her as his steward, he didn't will her the North or anything. That's why she's Lady of Winterfell rather than Queen in the North or Warden of the North, and that's why there's a whole plot about "maybe the Northern Lords would prefer you to Jon".

Which is why I brought up Richard the Lionheart. Richard was still King, but with no way to communicate with him, England went to hell in a handbasket. Jon has just set the same thing up in the North, and, unlike Richard, he's done so intentionally. (Richard named separate people as heir and steward, and appointed multiple people to prevent John from becoming too powerful, and meanwhile, he was out of communication because communication was virtually impossible, not because he just didn't bother to call home.)

Anyway, I think Sansa, and the Northern Lords, are being reasonable in assuming that if Jon hasn't sent a raven, whatever's going on must not be that big a deal, even if, as it turns out, they're completely wrong.

Ok. What did you want her to do then? Send a raven to Dragonstone? She doesn't even know if Jon is still alive... She has to do something... That girl lived in KL she learned from Cersei and all those crows... She is learning from LFinger now... She is more like Robb IMO... Strategic...

9 minutes ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Ok. What did you want her to do then? Send a raven to Dragonstone? She doesn't even know if Jon is still alive... She has to do something... That girl lived in KL she learned from Cersei and all those crows... She is learning from LFinger now... She is more like Robb IMO... Strategic...

I just said that I think Sansa is being reasonable, and your response is "Ok. What do you want her to do then?"

I don't even know how to answer that.

11 hours ago, falcotron said:

nyway, I think Sansa, and the Northern Lords, are being reasonable in assuming that if Jon hasn't sent a raven, whatever's going on must not be that big a deal, even if, as it turns out, they're completely wrong.

I still don't understand that "invitation" deal... Cercei sent a raven to WF to tell Jon to bend the knee... ANd then will send another invitation to WF to invite Sansa? To tell her what? "Oh my little Dove ... I misjudged you! I accused you of murder... *drinks wine* I apologise... Lady Olenna Tyrell told Jaime the truth... She is the one who was behind Joffrey's death... Not you little dove..."

Why would Sansa send Brienne? So that she can be killed? She is a bloody warrior not a Second Littlefinger... That's politics... Brienne is not doing Politics... Unless it is because Jaime wouldn't want people to harm Brienne? D&D made it like that... if Jaime sees Brienne, and that Cersei prepared something (trap), he would intervene and protect her? 

2 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

I still don't understand that "invitation" deal...

Because there's nothing to understand… To me it's a poor trick to remove Brienne from WF/the Littlefinger plot, and to have her meet Jaime and maybe confront Cersei…

Archived