Cersei's invitation.

Danny-

10 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Ok... Sorry... I have to re-read your post... haha! My bad... Sorry... Very sorry... No resentments?

No problem.

And I realize that, by making a comparison which sets Jon up as the heroic Richard the Lionheart and Sansa as the evil King John of Robin Hood fame, I was kind of inviting confusion…

On 25/08/2017 at 1:36 PM, Nowy Tends said:

Because there's nothing to understand… To me it's a poor trick to remove Brienne from WF/the Littlefinger plot, and to have her meet Jaime and maybe confront Cersei…

Yes. 

Brienne/The hound/Jaime  

Sandor/Gregor

Tyrion/Cersei/Jaime

Maester/ Brienne? Not really important? 

And that stupid meeting! Khalessi is being a sheep ... Not a dragon... And I don't think Cersei will just let that opportunity slip away... That last time people gathered together to was in season 6 episode 10. Cersei was involved but she burned them all... This time, she might show up... But I don't see it as an easy meeting with Dornish wine... 

6 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

That last time people gathered together to was in season 6 episode 10. Cersei was involved but she burned them all... This time, she might show up... But I don't see it as an easy meeting with Dornish wine... 

Why do so many people forget season 7 episode 2? Cersei invites a bunch of rebel Lords to King's Landing, gives a speech to try to convince them to switch sides, has a discussion with them afterward, and then lets them leave unmolested (after a followup private meeting with Jaime, in the case of Randyll Tarly). And it works—Tarly switches sides, and the rest of the Reach Lords apparently decide to stay out of the fighting.

So Cersei is, at least sometimes, lucid enough to recognize when a meeting is to her advantage and restrain herself from murdering everyone there instead of getting that advantage.

And nobody said it's going to be an easy meeting. That's why Tyrion risks pissing Dany off just to warn her that Cersei will be a huge bitch and she's going to have to keep her temper in check instead of responding.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Cersei serves Dornish wine. I'm sure the price of Arbor wines went through the roof, and besides, it gives Cersei the opportunity to make a snide comment like "Apologies for not serving Arbor wines, but someone seems to have set half the country's supply on fire, along with much of the country's food, so now life is harder for everyone in Westeros." Also, I'm pretty sure they said something last season about how because Dornish reds being expensive but an acquired taste, serving them is a statement that you don't care about your guests' tastes. And it's a nice way of reminding Dany that Dorne is now neutral, rather than her best ally.

Of course Cersei has some trick up her sleeve. Both Tyrion and Dany already know that. The only question is whether the trick is going to be something she does at that meeting, or something she does to backstab them after they've agreed.

On 26/08/2017 at 11:05 PM, falcotron said:

Why do so many people forget season 7 episode 2? Cersei invites a bunch of rebel Lords to King's Landing, gives a speech to try to convince them to switch sides, has a discussion with them afterward, and then lets them leave unmolested (after a followup private meeting with Jaime, in the case of Randyll Tarly). And it works—Tarly switches sides, and the rest of the Reach Lords apparently decide to stay out of the fighting.

Are you telling me that you believe it was dangerous... She needed those Lords... Why would she burn them they weren't against her... But in Season 6 Episode 10 it was her Trial and she knew Margaery was in controll... She couldn't trust anyone not even her own son... It slightly different... No it is actually 100% different... Daenerys is not a Lord ... And Tyrion is not a friend of hers... She hates him... SHe said to Jaime "Fight and die or surrender and die... My choice is made... " I haven't watched episode 7 yet, so I might be talking madness now....Sorry I was answering like Episode 7 is still far from us...

Archived