What Beric said to Jon

Skills

Hello all...long time lurker, decided to finally sign up and post!

Anyways, Beric said something along the lines of "neither one of us will ever know joy in this life" or something similar.  That, coupled with Dany's talk with Tyrion about succession I think pretty much seals her fate.  She probably produces a child before she dies, I imagine.  

On a somewhat related note...the "original surviving 5" that GRRM supposedly mentioned back in the '90s...is that still considered "a thing," or has so much time gone by that most people assume he's probably changed his mind a dozen times about who survives to the end?

Welcome to the forum @Skills. The show is not very subtle, definitely many hints that Jon will get Daenerys pregnant, I believe she will die in child birth (like her mom did, and Jon's mom did, and Tyrion's mom did) and that Jon will either be dead and Tyrion or Jorah will have to be an adoptive Dad like Ned was to Jon, or Jon will be around but his child will be a motherless bastard (like him).

It is really all over the place when it comes to that original outline.  I get the feeling that most people believe what they believe, and if it aligns with Martin's outline then they cite it as factual.  If it doesn't align with Martin's outline then they ignore it as some 25 year old non binding idea.

Archived