Arya vs Sansa what are your thoughts?

Prince_Snow

D & D does not deserve the benefit of the doubt after what they did with Arya last year.  It's just bad lazy writing.  It's like Arya is possessed by a demon as I said in another thread.  There's no reason for her to be so stupid as to think her letter was sincere when the Starks in Season 1 knew instantly that Cersei had been making her write it.  It is insane that she thinks Sansa could be siding with the Lannisters against Ned when she saw her sister crying and screaming right before Ned was killed.  There's a funny meme picture about this.  http://i.imgur.com/wNzaTUW.png

This is the worst thing the show has done.

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Its not possible, its makes no sense. LF is playing Arya not necessarily Sansa. He wants to divide them and hes getting the reaction from Arya by planting seeds of information and doubt in her head. Personally I dont like this storyline and its just a way to get rid of LF, its as simple as that. Sansa does know what he is capable of and thats why she is wary and does not trust him or his intentions 

What did LF do to her father and whatever he did how does she know????

It is....

Sibling rivalry is for one pointless and senseless act, to kill LF.

Bran reveals the truth = Sansa gives the command = Arya kills him :o 

It Is possible. There are so many hints/foreshadowing in Arya's actions and conversations with Sansa that she is acting a role and is playing with both LF and Sansa to a degree.

For that to NOT be the case would not make sense. If she is just getting played by LF so easily (when LF hasnt even talked to Arya or even done anything particularly brilliant to sow the doubts), then its just a character destroying plotline as far as Arya goes.

I think Sansa's fear of Arya is genuine. Arya's apparent threat to Sansa was not and is part of a game.

I dont think the sisters are necessarily working together, but they could be independently working against LF and trying to get the other to realise they are on the same side.

The whole plotline just reeks though. Stupid from start to whatever end we will get. It would be even more ridiculous if Arya and Sansa need Bran to deus ex machina reveal all for them to turn on LF, especially after all they have been through and learned.

This isn't Kings Landing where they would be lone wolves in a pit of snakes, where Littlefinger is the biggest, fastest, smartest snake who can outmaneuvre all the rest.

They are in Winterfell. Littlefinger is a lone snake in a den of wolves, surrounded by people who distrust and despise him. Hes fucked. No way in hell should someone even as brilliant as him be able to turn all his enemies there against each other unless those enemies are beyond stupid and I mean Homer Simpson levels of stupid.

Arya and Sansa are not stupid. They are smart and in this circumstance, Littlefinger SHOULD be out of moves and totally screwed.

2 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

The whole plotline just reeks though. Stupid from start to whatever end we will get. It would be even more ridiculous if Arya and Sansa need Bran to deus ex machina reveal all for them to turn on LF, especially after all they have been through and learned.

The whole plotline is stupid, creating drama where drama is not needed, and what for.....to get rid of LF.

Unfortunately this will happen.... 

Can i ask why you use the phrase deus ex machina? you do know what it means right? So your telling me Bran's power would be unexpected to solve this situation? 

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

The whole plotline is stupid, creating drama where drama is not needed, and what for.....to get rid of LF.

Can i ask why you use the phrase deus ex machina? you do know what it means right? So your telling me Bran's power would be unexpected to solve this situation? 

Bran's power would have been expected to already have resulted in LF being killed.  So, that the show created several scenes of fake drama to elongate LF end to go the whole season, and then having Bran, suddenly, out of nowhere, at the last minute, in the last episode, come to the rescue with the vital information that he should have had and communicated in the beginning....seems to fit closely enough to a deus ex machina.

4 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I might be the one of the few people who genuinely love Arya this season :D I never cared for Sansa before, won't care for her now, and if Arya can keep her in check, stop Littlefinger from achieving his dream, I'll be happy.

I know constructive criticism is important for all media, but I've never really had a critical bone in my body. I can understand when people point out the flaws in a show, but I just don't care. I can't change the show, so I don't get worked up over it. I like it for what it is, and that makes me happy. :)

2 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I might be the one of the few people who genuinely love Arya this season :D I never cared for Sansa before, won't care for her now, and if Arya can keep her in check, stop Littlefinger from achieving his dream, I'll be happy.

Amen

1 minute ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

I know constructive criticism is important for all media, but I've never really had a critical bone in my body. I can understand when people point out the flaws in a show, but I just don't care. I can't change the show, so I don't get worked up over it. I like it for what it is, and that makes me happy. :)

Ive gone past the point of caring now about the show. I thoroughly enjoy it for what it is.

I love Arya regardless of the LF situation, she has always been one of my favourite from the beginning. I so want to see a Arya and Hound reunion.

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Bran's power would have been expected to already have resulted in LF being killed.  So, that the show created several scenes of fake drama to elongate LF end to go the whole season, and then having Bran, suddenly, out of nowhere, at the last minute, in the last episode, come to the rescue with the vital information that he should have had and communicated in the beginning....seems to fit closely enough to a deus ex machina.

Its been made clear Bran cannot see properly he states that, also its all fragments. He can see everything but he does not know everything. So for me saying that he should have done this and should have done that already is not plausible. Over the course of this season he will have gained alot more experience in sifting through the past and when Sansa asks him he will be able to go through what he can see better and understand better. So for me him coming to the rescue is not unexpected in fact for me it would be expected. This also would ring true the words ''the lone wolf dies but the pack survives'' solidifying the Starks bond. 

11 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Ive gone past the point of caring now about the show. I thoroughly enjoy it for what it is.

I love Arya regardless of the LF situation, she has always been one of my favourite from the beginning. I so want to see a Arya and Hound reunion.

Its been made clear Bran cannot see properly he states that, also its all fragments. He can see everything but he does not know everything. So for me saying that he should have done this and should have done that already is not plausible. Over the course of this season he will have gained alot more experience in sifting through the past and when Sansa asks him he will be able to go through what he can see better and understand better. So for me him coming to the rescue is not unexpected in fact for me it would be expected. This also would ring true the words ''the lone wolf dies but the pack survives'' solidifying the Starks bond. 

But, then we're back to the deux es machina, Bran is all messed up for weeks if not months and then, coincidentally, just as the two sisters are at each other's throats, at the last minute, he's able to get a clear message from the weirnet that will fix it all in the nick of time.  This is lame.  If this were the only or one of the few examples of a total plot contrivance fixing an implausibly bad storyline, then it could be seen as a nitpick, but since they now have several of these in each episode, it's hard to excuse it.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

But, then we're back to the deux es machina, Bran is all messed up for weeks if not months and then, coincidentally, just as the two sisters are at each other's throats, at the last minute, he's able to get a clear message from the weirnet that will fix it all in the nick of time.  This is lame.  If this were the only or one of the few examples of a total plot contrivance fixing an implausibly bad storyline, then it could be seen as a nitpick, but since they now have several of these in each episode, it's hard to excuse it.

Exactly my thoughts. You just explained it better.

3 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

Arya forgot to mention that at one point she was Tywin Lannister's fucking cup bearer.

She also failed to mention that she traveled with and then forgave the Hound.

Still holding that grudge against sis though.....

LOL, guys, read the spoilers. We do know that

Spoiler

Arya has no clue, Sansa is going to arrest her, building up tension since we expect she is going to execute her. And then she is going to execute Littlefinger instead because Bran has (already? long ago?) told her what he has done. And then Arya is going to cut Littlefinger's throat with the dagger so he can drown in his own blood. On Sansa's command.

The idea that a childish moron like TV Arya could play anyone is just ridiculous. All Arya can do is make herself some Frey pies in the kitchen.

And there is no way that this ridiculous scene between Arya and Sansa this episode was played on her part. What would be the point of that? Sansa and Arya are not enemies. And if Arya wanted to play Littlefinger and/or Sansa she would have laid a trap for them, not the other way around.

But then - TV Arya is as moronic as keeping her faces in some bag in her room. That is ridiculous. Jaqen didn't his second face in his non-existent saddle bag, did he? He just changed faces using his hand/magic.

Do you know what the real Arya would do if she wanted to investigate things in Winterfell? She would wear her faces, explore things, investigate people, and kill them without confronting her sister first. In fact, she most likely wouldn't enter Winterfell as Arya Stark in the first place. She would check out the place first, using a different identity.

28 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Same here, this is likely the only Game of Thrones we'll ever see on screen so I'm just looking past the bs and enjoying it at this point. Fan service, time travel, ludicrous rescues, goofy romances and dragon wights... bring it on... tits and dragons baby, tits and dragons. 

As for Bran, he doesn't seem to have control of his power just yet. He has access to all the information but doesn't seem to have mastered sorting thru it yet. Kinda like being in an old library but not understanding the Dewey Decimal System. If he were to scan thru old memories for Littlefinger's involvement in Ned's death he'd likely find it but he may not just know it right off the bat. That kind of awareness probably takes time to develop.

Some interesting points:

- Arya left her gun in a bedroom, instead to use it everytime as she does won Needle;

- her bag was in a place very visible;

- Arya gave the gun to Sansa;

- Bran gives the gun to Arya, but she doesn't use it. 

- Arya left her faces with Sansa, what may be a proof Arya is crazy;

- I don't know why to theat Sansa, if Arya knows Sansa alfraids to lose the banners support. Arya just needs to show the letter to banners. To criticize Sansa's choses in front of to banners helps, too. But the conflict between the sisters is not known by anyone, except LF;

- D&D explained what Sansa was guessing, but, about Arya, they didn't. 

Maybe nothing is what seems. Maybe all was a test to know until where Sansa'd go to be the queen in the North. Maybe the threat was a lie and it was part of the game of the faces to know if Sansa is so clever when she says.  Or maybe Arya was meaning she will kill LF and to pretend to be him. 

But we are speaking about HBO. Later Dorne, all can happen, it doesn't matter as crazy and no sense be.

So may be that HBO doesn't have matter and d&d created this.  Of course, I supposed that meeting woudn' t be easy. The siblings passed much time far, and they lost the link between them and they had different and dark experiences that changed them for ever.  But I guessed that would be a secondary point, no the major history. I guessed the faceless would hunt Arya in this season and the diferences between the siblings would be snowed naturally and they'd be solved naturally. 

If Arya is really crazy, maybe she had a post-traumatic stress disorder and may be just a phase... If her siblings help her. 

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Reveal hidden contents

Arya has no clue, Sansa is going to arrest her, building up tension since we expect she is going to execute her. And then she is going to execute Littlefinger instead because Bran has (already? long ago?) told her what he has done. And then Arya is going to cut Littlefinger's throat with the dagger so he can drown in his own blood. On Sansa's command.

Do you know what the real Arya would do if she wanted to investigate things in Winterfell? She would wear her faces, explore things, investigate people, and kill them without confronting her sister first. In fact, she most likely wouldn't enter Winterfell as Arya Stark in the first place. She would check out the place first, using a different identity.

Why why why didn't they do this ? Is it just laziness? I am baffled by the Winterfell storyline.

Archived