Arya vs Sansa what are your thoughts?

Prince_Snow

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

It was pretty damn clear that they were fake fighting and it was also heavily implied from the dialoge in Sansa's speech. At the end when Sansa and Arya talked there was no apologies and not even a mention of their 'fights', giving further evidence to them being staged. They were playing the game.

Yes, the writers were woefully short on details, as they have been in Winterfell last 3-4 episodes and left viewers to fill in the blanks, meaning a lot of what/why things happened open to interpretation of viewer.

I would have liked a few more details to have been made clearer onscreen, but instead they spent x amounts of time on useless Cersei scenes.

I think Sansa was buying the *poop* Littlefinger was selling, honestly..... and it wasn't until LF does his speech regarding thinking of the worst case scenario, and tried to suggest that Arya was going to kill Sansa because SHE (Arya) wanted to be the Lady of Winterfell....  That would be a perfectly plausible scenario in LF's mind, but Sansa knows Arya enough to know that she absolutely positively never wanted to be a "Lady" of anything..... I think this is when Sansa realizes that LF has been playing her the entire time.

On 21/08/2017 at 11:18 PM, Samwell_Tarly said:

What did LF do to her father and whatever he did how does she know????

She was in Harrenhal when LittleFinger came to talk about "Killing Starks"... That's enough for her... It resumes everything...

What's very surprising is that she is complaining about Sansa writing that Letter but she was Tywin's cupbearer ... She didn't want to be there... But she had to... When she got the chance to flee she fled... That's the reason why people might think that she is playing Sansa... Because even the "Sir Ilyn Payne, Bring me his head" scene... She was there just like she said... But she forgot that Joffrey said that Sansa begged him to save his father... But Joffrey was an ******** ... And she forgot how Sansa was screaming "NO! Stop it!" ... Maybe she was too young to remember or too traumatised... But It is just crazy...

I feel bad to reply now that episode 7 is out

9 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

It was pretty damn clear that they were fake fighting and it was also heavily implied from the dialoge in Sansa's speech. At the end when Sansa and Arya talked there was no apologies and not even a mention of their 'fights', giving further evidence to them being staged. They were playing the game.

Yes, the writers were woefully short on details, as they have been in Winterfell last 3-4 episodes and left viewers to fill in the blanks, meaning a lot of what/why things happened open to interpretation of viewer.

I would have liked a few more details to have been made clearer onscreen, but instead they spent x amounts of time on useless Cersei scenes.

I know right?  The only people who "saw" (he he), what was going on were the ones who read the spoilers.  The way the scenes were staged, it could have gone either way.

9 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Nope. Bran cleared everything up for them off screen. You'll notice the only thing Sansa was good for was pointing out how LF killed Lysa, a crime which she helped cover up. Arya contributed NOTHING, which was a missed opportunity because she could have shared LF  visit to Tywin at Harranhal. If this was supposed to be the fruits of their "playing the game" labor-- wow, just wow. 

The Winterfell plot was as piss poor as the dornish plot from years back. Nothing that they accused him of was uncovered as a result of their fake (real) fighting. Not a damn thing. It was all Bran. Which means at best all they were doing was toying with LF. Great stuff, I tell ya :lol: 

7 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

She was in Harrenhal when LittleFinger came to talk about "Killing Starks"... That's enough for her... It resumes everything...

Yup. Why the showrunners decided to leave that detail out is beyond me. 

That trial was a farce

17 hours ago, UnViserion said:

Nope. Bran cleared everything up for them off screen. You'll notice the only thing Sansa was good for was pointing out how LF killed Lysa, a crime which she helped cover up. Arya contributed NOTHING, which was a missed opportunity because she could have shared LF  visit to Tywin at Harranhal. If this was supposed to be the fruits of their "playing the game" labor-- wow, just wow. 

The Winterfell plot was as piss poor as the dornish plot from years back. Nothing that they accused him of was uncovered as a result of their fake (real) fighting. Not a damn thing. It was all Bran. 

Nothing was cleared up. We dont know how much of it Sansa figured out, Arya helped with or Bran laid out. None of it was even shown on screen, so your claim of "it was all Bran" was an assumption only.

The original leaks hinted that Sansa would go talk to Bran, but in the final version even that didnt happen. Brans only appearances in finale were in the great hall at Littlefingers execution and then in the room with Sam.

5 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Nothing was cleared up. We dont know how much of it Sansa figured out, Arya helped with or Bran laid out. None of it was even shown on screen, so your claim of "it was all Bran" was an assumption only.

The original leaks hinted that Sansa would go talk to Bran, but in the final version even that didnt happen. Brans only appearances in finale were in the great hall at Littlefingers execution and then in the room with Sam.

Literally everything they nailed him for needed Bran to back up-- except for Lysa's death (again, which Sansa gladly covered up for him). I have to imagine they wouldn't have held that "trial" if they weren't ALL aware of what Bran knew and was going to say.. And it's terrible writing if we're left wondering who knew what and how this was all figured out. A few people here were making grandiose claims about how Arya and Sansa were playing LF, how "we'd see" when the finale aired. Now in the complete absence of evidence, the theory still stands :lol: 

It was just another theory put forth by people who haven't figured out that almost all manner of political intrigue and cleverness has left the show. There are no great schemes anymore, things just happen. Right up to the end, the payoff with LF's death was all about shock value. Even the way Arya was brought into the great hall as the supposed suspect before shifting attention to LF was about cheap thrills.

The show's purely a spectacle now.  

Archived