Arya vs Sansa what are your thoughts?

Prince_Snow

Is it me or... why did Sansa come to LF for advice about Arya, if she distrusts him? Besides that neither he knows Arya, nor has problems with siblings, he could relate to.

What if it was Arya wearing Sansa's face? Then they had quarrel in Arya's chamber, which was likely overheard, when Arya stated that she needs a person to be killed to have their face, so LF won't have any doubts that it was Sansa. He probably heard about FM and their techniques.

Sounds like a crackpot but still in line with the show.

6 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Is it me or... why did Sansa come to LF for advice about Arya, if she distrusts him? Besides that neither he knows Arya, nor has problems with siblings, he could relate to.

What if it was Arya wearing Sansa's face? Then they had quarrel in Arya's chamber, which was likely overheard, when Arya stated that she needs a person to be killed to have their face, so LF won't have any doubts that it was Sansa. He probably heard about FM and their techniques.

That's one of the two things that convinced me that Sansa is in on the game against LF.

36 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Her sending Brienne to KL.  PS I meant Sansa conferring with LF ws one of the things.  She has clearly stopped seeking his counsel, and I believe she sought it here to plant a seed in his mind.

How does sending Brienne to KL advance the game against LF?

38 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

It's possible that Brienne's absence encourages Littlefinger to make a move that he thinks he can get away with but has miscalculated and actually overextends himself in such a way that he gets caught out and exposed.

It's time for another Stark death.  We're due and owed the death of Arya.  I don't like those girls and it would salvage the season for me if Arya dies in tonight's episode.  Somebody who carries around the faces of her victims is evil.  Sicko.  It reminds me of one of Christopher Walken's movie in which an old army officer kept souvenirs of the faces of his victims. 

11 hours ago, Kytheros said:

It's possible that Brienne's absence encourages Littlefinger to make a move that he thinks he can get away with but has miscalculated and actually overextends himself in such a way that he gets caught out and exposed.

Interesting. But LF advised Sansa to keep Brienne close. So Sansa sending Brienne away should raise a red flag.

But if girls are indeed playing LF, it is possible they may stage another disagreement. And LF might do something stupid presuming they don't have help/reinforcement anymore.

13 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I believe it's because with Brienne around, it would be that much easier for LF to force his hand and do something that would cause Brienne to need to defend Sansa against Arya or vice versa, which could lead to one of the Stark siblings dead. With Brienne gone, she takes the risk of that out of the equation.

14 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I feel like she less came to him for his actual advice and more so he feels like she is relying on him and keeping him in the loops while in actuality doing neither.

If Arya was wearing Sansa's face, that would imply she's dead. Which I don't believe is true.

12 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I feel like she less came to him for his actual advice and more so he feels like she is relying on him and keeping him in the loops while in actuality doing neither.

If Arya was wearing Sansa's face, that would imply she's dead. Which I don't believe is true.

Those are my thoughts too regarding how Sansa is handling LF. Ever since he sold her to Ramsay Sansa has been wary of him. She knows what he wants and that he needs her. That mistrust and disdain prevented her from using his army in the first place when retaking WF. 

Now she keeps him around to try and anticipate his actions in order to stay a step ahead of him. I think it will be known to her that LF was behind the letter being known to Arya and it will start a chain of events leading to LFs death. 

7 minutes ago, Verily said:

Those are my thoughts too regarding how Sansa is handling LF. Ever since he sold her to Ramsay Sansa has been wary of him. She knows what he wants and that he needs her. That mistrust and disdain prevented her from using his army in the first place when retaking WF. 

Now she keeps him around to try and anticipate his actions in order to stay a step ahead of him. I think it will be known to her that LF was behind the letter being known to Arya and it will start a chain of events leading to LFs death. 

Keep you're enemies close, you know? Currently, he has control of the Vale men through Robin. So, if Sansa finds a way to rest him from the Vale men, then he isn't needed anymore. They can't just out right kill him and a lot of them don't know the extend of all he's done in the War. So once they get the proper proof they need, I figure LF will go down rather fast.

Sansa definitely doesn't trust LF or really like his presence. She's spent all season snarking at him, tbh.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

I believe it's because with Brienne around, it would be that much easier for LF to force his hand and do something that would cause Brienne to need to defend Sansa against Arya or vice versa, which could lead to one of the Stark siblings dead. With Brienne gone, she takes the risk of that out of the equation.

While neither Sansa nor Arya know Brienne, I doubt either of them believe she would harm either of them.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

While neither Sansa nor Arya know Brienne, I doubt either of them believe she would harm either of them.

Brienne is Sansa's sworn shield (not Arya's as she didn't swear an oath to Arya in the way she did Sansa in Season 6). She also swore to protect both of Cat's daughters. If, say, Arya was maneuvered into a position where she feels that it's necessary to take up arms against/kill her sister, then Brienne's duty would be to stop Arya.

Which was what LF was implying. Push comes to shove, Brienne kills Arya.

Both Arya and Brienne are in a position where LF can easily manipulate them. Arya may be clever but she's got nothing on LF. She hasn't played the game and doesn't have interest in politics. Brienne is very noble and honorable which makes her putty in LF's hands.

So, take one out of the equation, and you suddenly have LF losing one of his pieces.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Brienne is Sansa's sworn shield (not Arya's as she didn't swear an oath to Arya in the way she did Sansa in Season 6). She also swore to protect both of Cat's daughters. If, say, Arya was maneuvered into a position where she feels that it's necessary to take up arms against/kill her sister, then Brienne's duty would be to stop Arya.

Which was what LF was implying. Push comes to shove, Brienne kills Arya.

Both Arya and Brienne are in a position where LF can easily manipulate them. Arya may be clever but she's got nothing on LF. She hasn't played the game and doesn't have interest in politics. Brienne is very noble and honorable which makes her putty in LF's hands.

So, take one out of the equation, and you suddenly have LF losing one of his pieces.

If Brienne were put in a situation where Arya wants to kill Sansa, she would probably try to diffuse the situation. It's extremely unlikely she would take up arms against Arya. Even if she did, she would probably defend herself and not actively attack Arya. If she accidentally kills Arya, that's another thing.

While Brienne could easily be outmaneuvered by LF, I think she is smart enough to not fall for his games. I don't believe Sansa thinks Brienne could be a threat to Arya.

12 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

If Brienne were put in a situation where Arya wants to kill Sansa, she would probably try to diffuse the situation. It's extremely unlikely she would take up arms against Arya. Even if she did, she would probably defend herself and not actively attack Arya. If she accidentally kills Arya, that's another thing.

While Brienne could easily be outmaneuvered by LF, I think she is smart enough to not fall for his games. I don't believe Sansa thinks Brienne could be a threat to Arya.

I don't think Sansa thinks Brienne is a threat to Arya as much as she knows LF can out maneuver her if need be and thus cause issues.

If Brienne was put in a situation where one of the Stark girls wants to kill the other and actively tries to or has the skills to, I wouldn't put it past her to kill that girl. That is her job. She wouldn't like it, no doubt, but it's still her duty.

Brienne is smart but she doesn't possess a political mind in the way Sansa and LF does. So, like Arya, it's a lot easier for her to be led on.

This, of course, is just my thoughts.

52 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I don't think Sansa thinks Brienne is a threat to Arya as much as she knows LF can out maneuver her if need be and thus cause issues.

If Brienne was put in a situation where one of the Stark girls wants to kill the other and actively tries to or has the skills to, I wouldn't put it past her to kill that girl. That is her job. She wouldn't like it, no doubt, but it's still her duty.

Brienne is smart but she doesn't possess a political mind in the way Sansa and LF does. So, like Arya, it's a lot easier for her to be led on.

This, of course, is just my thoughts.

I don't believe Brienne is capable of killing either of the Stark girls, for I think she thinks it's her duty to protect both, or die in the attempt. Brienne is certainly divorced from politics, but she is older and wiser than the girls and hence less likely to be played by LF. Just my thoughts as well. Cheers!

Not a lick of proof provided in the season finale that Sansa and Arya were fake fighting to bait LF into a mistake. Just some good 'ol manufactured drama to hold down the fort while all the real action took place to the south and north of Winterfell.

26 minutes ago, UnViserion said:

Not a lick of proof provided in the season finale that Sansa and Arya were fake fighting to bait LF into a mistake. Just some good 'ol manufactured drama to hold down the fort while all the real action took place to the south and north of Winterfell.

It was pretty damn clear that they were fake fighting and it was also heavily implied from the dialoge in Sansa's speech. At the end when Sansa and Arya talked there was no apologies and not even a mention of their 'fights', giving further evidence to them being staged. They were playing the game.

Yes, the writers were woefully short on details, as they have been in Winterfell last 3-4 episodes and left viewers to fill in the blanks, meaning a lot of what/why things happened open to interpretation of viewer.

I would have liked a few more details to have been made clearer onscreen, but instead they spent x amounts of time on useless Cersei scenes.

Archived