Viserion....

Samwell_Tarly

After re watching episode 6 I think i have made a mistake with Viserion.

• The NK turns Human infants into WWs with a touch of his finger/hand
  • The NK raises the dead by lifting his arms producing Wights

We clearly see the NK touch the dragon.... what does this mean?

Is Viserion a WW dragon now..... I would believe so. 

This bears the next question to how will it be killed???

I bet he's nothing more than an undead dragon for the NK to ride. That's already terrifying enough and the question of how do you even kill that still stands. The fact that they had the NK touch him was probably because they thought it looked cooler, I don't think they mind the minor inconsistency that's involved with it, hell they probably didn't even think about that.

4 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

If hes a walker with Valyrian steel maybe?

Maybe Sam will find a way to save him :)

In theory if he was a WW dragon, it would make sense that he would be killed with Valyrian steel or Dragonglass. If he does follow the rules of the WWs then he potentially is fireproof, therefore another dragon may not be able to kill him. 

But having Viserion on the other side now, could lay reference to Khal drogo killing Viserys, therefore potentially foreshadowing that Daenerys will have to use Drogon to kill Viserion

31 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

But dragons don't walk around, so he can't be a White Walker. And White Flyer sounds even sillier than White Walker. :)

Anyway, what differences would it make?

1. Viserion could fly around raising corpses hundreds of miles off the main army's path. Which would be cool, but then the NK could do that himself just by riding a wighted Viserion.

2. He's not susceptible to fire like a wight. I don't think they were going to take him out in a big two-on-one dragon battle, but I suppose this could be the reason Dany doesn't even try it.

3. He is susceptible to dragonglass, unlike a wight. I don't think they'll take him out this way, but it could be an explanation for how they can keep him at bay with dragonglass-tipped arrows and artillery, so he doesn't just decimate the human armies like Dany in 704.

4. Either way, he's susceptible to Valyrian steel. And I think that's always been D&D's plan. Even since they announced Gendry would eventually return to the show, my suspicion has been that Sam will discover some information, bring it to KL, put it together with some other information he learns there and come up with something that allows Gendry to forge a Big Secret Weapon that turns the course of the war. The obvious possibility now is that what he learns in KL is the secret to the Qyburn Smauginator, and the Big Secret Weapon is a Smauginator Mk II with a Valyrian steel bolt. Presumably made by melting down one of the multiple Chekhov's Weapons now floating around.

6 minutes ago, falcotron said:

But dragons don't walk around, so he can't be a White Walker. And White Flyer sounds even sillier than White Walker. :)

So that would make him the same but undead...therefore I cant see no reason why he wont still breath fire.

Anyway, what differences would it make?

1. Viserion could fly around raising corpses hundreds of miles off the main army's path. Which would be cool, but then the NK could do that himself just by riding a wighted Viserion.

Yeah I dont necessary think that the dragon will inherit the raising the dead power. The magic of the Walkers is unclear and this needs to be addressed soon (I hope)

2. He's not susceptible to fire like a wight. I don't think they were going to take him out in a big two-on-one dragon battle, but I suppose this could be the reason Dany doesn't even try it.

Ive already mentioned that, if hes a WW then he'll be unharmed by fire.

3. He is susceptible to dragonglass, unlike a wight. I don't think they'll take him out this way, but it could be an explanation for how they can keep him at bay with dragonglass-tipped arrows and artillery, so he doesn't just decimate the human armies like Dany in 704.

Wights are killed with dragonglass, that was confirmed by Jon in Ep2 of season 7. 

4. Either way, he's susceptible to Valyrian steel. And I think that's always been D&D's plan. Even since they announced Gendry would eventually return to the show, my suspicion has been that Sam will discover some information, bring it to KL, put it together with some other information he learns there and come up with something that allows Gendry to forge a Big Secret Weapon that turns the course of the war. The obvious possibility now is that what he learns in KL is the secret to the Qyburn Smauginator, and the Big Secret Weapon is a Smauginator Mk II with a Valyrian steel bolt. Presumably made by melting down one of the multiple Chekhov's Weapons now floating around.

Yeah I can see this being a real possibility.

Until season 7 concludes and/or we learn more about how the WW/NK magic works then we will still be only be able to speculate.

7 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

I doubt Viserion can be saved, seeing as how he dumped his guts all over that frozen lake as he came down.  That was graphic and tough to watch.  Worse than the Red Wedding as far as shock value, imo.

Yeah I think thats clear, he either fights as the NKs mount or hes dead, hes not coming back. And I agree it was tough to watch.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

If he is the NK mount, how does the NK make him fly in a particular direction. Dany has a connection with the dragons, so does that mean the NK touching the dragon was intentional to ensure he has a connection with Viserion? 

The NK, and all of the WWs, can direct their wights, both human and animal. I don't see why it would be any different with a dragon wight.

10 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

If he is the NK mount, how does the NK make him fly in a particular direction

Telepathically

Dany has a connection with the dragons, so does that mean the NK touching the dragon was intentional to ensure he has a connection with Viserion? 

The connection that Daenerys has with her dragons is completely different, this connection is not forced and is a bond between ''children''

Of course there will be a connection between Viserion and the NK but he touched him to turn him. His connection can be described as a force of Viserions will by magic.

2 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Telepathically

The connection that Daenerys has with her dragons is completely different, this connection is not forced and is a bond between ''children''

Of course there will be a connection between Viserion and the NK but he touched him to turn him. His connection can be described a force of Viserions will by magic.

The reason I wondered that was dragons are different from regular wights. They are a part of fire magic and maybe hence the need to touch.

1 minute ago, Apoplexy said:

The reason I wondered that was dragons are different from regular wights. They are a part of fire magic and maybe hence the need to touch.

How are dragons different from regular wights? In terms of what.... they are dragons???

So why would a human infant need the touch.....?

This turns them into WWs, so I wouldnt be wrong to assume the same action/process will turn the dragon into a WW dragon.

7 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

How are dragons different from regular wights? In terms of what.... they are dragons???

So why would a human infant need the touch.....?

This turns them into WWs, so I wouldnt be wrong to assume the same action/process will turn the dragon into a WW dragon.

We don't know the exact mechanism of turning human babies to Others or dead humans to wights. Maybe different rules apply to beings brought to life by fire magic.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

We don't know the exact mechanism of turning human babies to Others or dead humans to wights

We dont know how they can turn babys into WW, we pressume that is what the NK was doing. 

We do know he uses magic to re animate the corpses and control them with again magic makng them Wights

Maybe different rules apply to beings brought to life by fire magic.

Quite obviously different rules apply.....look at the difference between Beric and a soldier from the AotD. 

Heartsbane Sam the Dragonslayer 

2 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

After re watching episode 6 I think i have made a mistake with Viserion.

• The NK turns Human infants into WWs with a touch of his finger/hand
  • The NK raises the dead by lifting his arms producing Wights

We clearly see the NK touch the dragon.... what does this mean?

This bears the next question to how will it be killed???

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

We dont know how they can turn babys into WW, we pressume that is what the NK was doing. 

We do know he uses magic to re animate the corpses and control them with again magic makng them Wights

Quite obviously different rules apply.....look at the difference between Beric and a soldier from the AotD. 

I meant the dragons are part of fire magic. Reanimating them by ice magic might need something different.

Archived