Sansa becoming Cersei

There have been many instances in the past few seasons where people have pointed out ways in which Sansa is turning into Cersei (the depth of which I won't go into).  From the way she wears her hair to her cold, steely demeanor to "learning a great deal" from her, ginger stark has exhibited some of the same characteristics as (who I believe to be) one of the most evil people in Westeros.  Episode 6 had one seemingly minor scene between Sansa and Brienne that sent chills down my spine.  Sansa is talking with (or rather at and over) Brienne and seems to be fed up with the discussion.  She ever-so-effortlessly sits down and opens a book, signaling to Brienne that she has super important things to do and dismisses her.  This is, of course, just a device used by someone who cannot handle dissent or someone questioning her; it is a narcissistic indulgence and an artificial distraction.  As soon as Brienne leaves Sansa closes her super important book and goes back to brooding and scheming in her mind, much like the Cersei of old.  She truly is becoming as terrible as Cersei, in both form and (arguably) function.

I see a few similarities between Cersei and Sansa, but even more differences. I don't think Sansa is anywhere close to heading down the same path as Cersei, who is pretty much the most selfish, narcissistic, greedy, merciless and uncompromising person in Westeros. Cersei is a cunt who needs to die asap. Sansa is not.

I can't see it.

She was rude to Brienne but she definitely has a lot to be frustrated over, considering her circumstances.

But the rest of this season her main concern has been how to feed and armor her people, how to keep them together, how to stop them from fighting one another, how to keep everyone loyal to Jon, etc.

That's not something Cersei would do. I don't think being rude when you're very stressed means you're turning into Cersei.

Since I've yet to see Cersei remotely concerned about how she will feed her people, and Sansa has shown concern, I don't think Sansa is turning into Cersei.  Sansa is also trying to figure out how to keep Jon's bannermen loyal to him in his absence and in the absence of any communication from him; rather than betray him to take the rule of the North from him.  

This, to me, smacks of chauvenism.  Let me explain:

When Jon went authoritarian on the Watch, no one said he's becoming Allistair.  When Tyrion set the Wyldfire trap for Stannis, no one compared him to the Mad King.

The only similarity Sansa is exhibiting with Cersei is her wielding of authority.  She's doing none of the evil, none of the contriving, none of the manipulating except where LF is concerned, and that's toward an end that will benefit her constituency.  But because she is a woman in a position of power who is displaying a sense of authority, we jump to evil bitch queen as a comparison for her because women aren't supposed to display authority.

Lyanna didn't get the treatment, first because she's a little girl, and second, because although she exhibits mighty power, she really has none.  Our problem, then, seems to be not with women wielding power, but with them having it at all.

There is also some built in sexism in the show itself, with men being portrayed as more measured in their actions (except Jon and of course Joffrey, but he was the opposite of Lyanna Mormont in that he had power but couldn't wield it effectively) and women being prone to act based upon emotion instead of calculation.  Even when Dany explained that roasting Tarly was calculated, she was still treated as if she had been hysterical.

I really don't know where people keep getting these 'signs' that Sansa is as powerhungry, torturous, terrible etc. etc. etc. as Cersei, especially not if you follow her character development (to the extent that this even exists in Weisseroff). Sansa had to send Brienne away to keep her from Littlefinger's schemes, so of course she's not going to be nice about it when Brienne refuses to leave. But all Sansa has done this season is taking care of her people, defending Jon, trying to understand her siblings (except in the discussion with Arya and that made two of them, so..), and keeping the North together while Jon is off with no time to send some ravens. 

But, please enlighten me because I fail to see how that is similar to killing children, blowing up the Sept/half of King's Landing, torturing people just for the heck of it and having no regard for other people whatsoever? Sansa learnt a lot from Cersei, yes. She learnt how not to rule like Cersei did (see the Blackwater episode for example), how not to let revenge consume her completely, how to inspire loyalty based on love instead of fear, how to keep your mask etc. etc. If you think Sansa's going to turn into Cersei, then you haven't been paying attention.

15 hours ago, TheKingInTheNorth3 said:

There have been many instances in the past few seasons where people have pointed out ways in which Sansa is turning into Cersei (the depth of which I won't go into).  From the way she wears her hair to her cold, steely demeanor to "learning a great deal" from her, ginger stark has exhibited some of the same characteristics as (who I believe to be) one of the most evil people in Westeros.  Episode 6 had one seemingly minor scene between Sansa and Brienne that sent chills down my spine.  Sansa is talking with (or rather at and over) Brienne and seems to be fed up with the discussion.  She ever-so-effortlessly sits down and opens a book, signaling to Brienne that she has super important things to do and dismisses her.  This is, of course, just a device used by someone who cannot handle dissent or someone questioning her; it is a narcissistic indulgence and an artificial distraction.  As soon as Brienne leaves Sansa closes her super important book and goes back to brooding and scheming in her mind, much like the Cersei of old.  She truly is becoming as terrible as Cersei, in both form and (arguably) function.

Sansa learned a lot from Cersie and Littlefinger.

I can see doing stuff similar to Cersie.  Not the dark, bang my brother stuff or the crap all over the little people stuff.......but the.....I'll protect myself and my family stuff.......I'll manipulate and plot in order to help my family stuff......I see that.

20 minutes ago, Lady Sansa Stark said:

I really don't know where people keep getting these 'signs' that Sansa is as powerhungry, torturous, terrible etc. etc. etc. as Cersei, especially not if you follow her character development (to the extent that this even exists in Weisseroff). Sansa had to send Brienne away to keep her from Littlefinger's schemes, so of course she's not going to be nice about it when Brienne refuses to leave. But all Sansa has done this season is taking care of her people, defending Jon, trying to understand her siblings (except in the discussion with Arya and that made two of them, so..), and keeping the North together while Jon is off with no time to send some ravens. 

But, please enlighten me because I fail to see how that is similar to killing children, blowing up the Sept/half of King's Landing, torturing people just for the heck of it and having no regard for other people whatsoever? Sansa learnt a lot from Cersei, yes. She learnt how not to rule like Cersei did (see the Blackwater episode for example), how not to let revenge consume her completely, how to inspire loyalty based on love instead of fear, how to keep your mask etc. etc. If you think Sansa's going to turn into Cersei, then you haven't been paying attention.

B-b-but she wears her hair differntly!!!! and she's bring MEANN!!

^

Ever since the stills for this season came out people have been griping about SansaCersei; mainly because she wore her hair different. I don't get it. Not at all.

Unless she's pulling some wicked Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde act that only certain viewers can see....

7 minutes ago, Dickon Khaleesi said:

Sansa is a disgrace of house stark. She had the nerve to disrespect her older brother a few episodes ago knowing that he went out of his way to avenge Ned and save his sisters.  

She told the gospel truth.  Her brother is dead because of his mistakes, especially betraying his promise to Frey.

You can't learn from the mistakes of heroes if you exclusively lionize them.

9 minutes ago, Dickon Khaleesi said:

Sansa is a disgrace of house stark. She had the nerve to disrespect her older brother a few episodes ago knowing that he went out of his way to avenge Ned and save his sisters.  

I mean.. what? I'm confused. Footage literally not found.

Wow, I didn't know Sersei is bend on keeping people safe, feeding them and keeping the armies loyal to her brother?

I must watch this show more carefully... All the good work Cersei has done is being missed :D 

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

Wow, I didn't know Sersei is bend on keeping people safe, feeding them and keeping the armies loyal to her brother?

I must watch this show more carefully... All the good work Cersei has done is being missed :D 

What? You seriously don't remember Cersei making sure all her soldiers and the smallfolk of Kingslanding are well armed, warm,and have a safe place to fall back to during the war?

Archived