The upcoming "difficult negotiation" between The Lion & The Dragon

5 minutes ago, Marlom said:

Until she told him, she will kill him if he betrays her another time.

She did worse to him, said far worse to him. And as his queen, she has the right to say so. He needs much more to think of killing his future bright future with her. :D 

But he will surely find some, later...Maybe.

10 minutes ago, Sasha said:

She did worse to him, said far worse to him. And as his queen, she has the right to say so. He needs much more to think of killing his future bright future with her. :D 

But he will surely find some, later...Maybe.

Then it was the right of the mad king too, to call everybody a traitor?

Jaime knows what way it leeds if somebody sees traitors everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Marlom said:

Jaime knows what way it leeds if somebody sees traitors everywhere.

Never said the mad king was right.

But Cersei is not Aerys, cooking anyone in front of him, and he loves her since childhood. She is the mother of its children. She is a woman. He may believe she loves him. He may want her to stop ruling, but not killing her like that. 

It's pretty different. :D

1 minute ago, Sasha said:

Never said the mad king was right.

But Cersei is not Aerys, cooking anyone in front of him, and he loves her since childhood. She is the mother of its children. She is a woman. He may believe she loves him. He may want her to stop ruling, but not killing her like that. 

It's pretty different. :D

Aerys wasn't mad from the beginning ;-)

And yes, Cersei is not Aerys but she shows Jaime a starting delusion like the mad king.

After the face Jaime made in front of the new Queen Cersei during the last season finale, I thought she wasn't going to make it to the final season. But Jaime's done nothing, just a little complaining during the premiere and now he's still the man blind by love, the same of the first season. So I don't see how he could change his mind in just one episode (but never say never, everything is going so so fast this year) and Cersei now is a fan favorite, they can want to keep her (and Lena Heady) as long as they can. 

4 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

After the face Jaime made in front of the new Queen Cersei during the last season finale, I thought she wasn't going to make it to the final season. But Jaime's done nothing, just a little complaining during the premiere and now he's still the man blind by love, the same of the first season. So I don't see how he could change his mind in just one episode (but never say never, everything is going so so fast this year) and Cersei now is a fan favorite, they can want to keep her (and Lena Heady) as long as they can. 

I do agree. He is more than in love with her. They are twins. Remember he took the white for her. He tried to kill a 7years old for her. 

He knows she's harsh. But she's a part of him. She always was. Not the best part, I do agree. He was hooked again because she let people know they're together and they'll have a baby. He has this dream of marrying her. I don't know what she could do to repel him. 

Maybe marry Euron ? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, nborders said:

I think the only thing that would make Jaime kill her is if he finds out she lied about being pregnant, or she's really pregnant but with Euron's baby. 

Oh ! I had something like that in my mind, :D but I thought....nahhhhhhh....

But find out? How? Except if the baby had dark hair of course (and we won't have time to see it. 

Find them in bed ? I'm not sure Cersei would do that (that's her style, but...Euron ? Too dangerous). Euron seems okay to wait until the end of the war..

I don't think Cersei survives. 

Dany wasn't at the pit but i think it's safe to say she will arrive.   

She will arrive on drogon to kill the wight.  Cersei will be unimpressed and demand everyone to bend the knee.   

No one bends so the Mountain tries to kill Dany.  The hound prevents that and kills his brother. 

Cersei loses it - Jaime kills her. 

Jaime will always do what's for the best at the end of the day,  just like when he killed Aerys.  

Plus by killing Cersei, Jaime will be welcome among our other favorites in S8

I doubt we are going to see many casualties in this episode, certainly I don't expect any major character to die.  

I could see how Cersei could be tempted to poison them all or burn them all or whatever but we know that most of the main characters will be at that meeting and there is no way that we end up with hardly any left lol

Yes, it would be climatic if Jaime finally lost it and killed Cersei but as pointed out she is popular and they will try to keep her as long as possible on the show.

To me what she meant by saying "we have to be clever" is that she will become more of a poker player and try not to reveal her true hand.  Of course they will be many who may be unconvinced and later might urge caution (Tyrion comes to mind).  I think her true plan is to either overplay the taunting (to appear still in character) but then pretend to be overwhelmed by the WW threat and offer support and then at some later point, probably next season to try and side up with the dead against the living.  I know it sounds completely crackers but hey she does not seem to mind undeads as long as they are on her team.

To be fair I got this idea from some supposed spoilers but it seems to be in character IMO.

On a positive note there should be a Jaime/Brienne reunion (certainly hinted at by Sansa in the last episode) so I hope her positive influence on him continues lol

@The Answer I've never noticed you post before until this thread.  I gotta say Allen Iverson is my favorite athlete of all time and I'll never forget skipping my 8th grade lock-in party to watch game 1 of the 2001 finals when he kept the Lakers from sweeping the playoffs and stepped over Tyronne Lue.  Fantastic alias and pic.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:30 PM, Sasha said:

Oh ! I had something like that in my mind, :D but I thought....nahhhhhhh....

But find out? How? Except if the baby had dark hair of course (and we won't have time to see it. 

Find them in bed ? I'm not sure Cersei would do that (that's her style, but...Euron ? Too dangerous). Euron seems okay to wait until the end of the war..

Maybe he overhears a conversation she's having with Qyburn?

Lena or no Lena, Cersei needs to die. She openly insulted Jaime by flaunting her hoo-ha as a prize for securing Euron's fleet. She's capable of anything at any time, no matter who it hurts or the consequences so long as she wins. She is indeed the Mad Queen. She's clearly plotting something with Qyburn per the scene where Jaime walks in from talking with Bronn end of E5. All she did was attempt to manipulate Jaime in saying she's pregnant, but then followed it up with a direct threat of "Don't ever betray me again" when in fact he didn't even betray her.

Cersei has lost her mind. He didnt know about the meeting. If Jaime has any shred of dignity/honor left and ability to think for himself, he doesn't let anything happen to Bronn. He's seen what she's capable of burning the sept of Baelor. Twin or no twin, lover or no lover, sometimes you need to put down a mad "lion". Perhaps the presence of Brienne helps Jaime think clearly.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:25 AM, Cyrix said:

I really think that this is the episode that Jamie betrays Cersei.  He thinks his sister is bat $&@? crazy. We all know about the prophecy and what better way to end the season by killing off Cersei at the Dragon Pit meeting.  I know this theory is too far fetched but I really think this is how it will go down.  Jamie kills Cersei and then they all agree that the White Walkers are the bigger threat and unite together.  

I think Jaime will betray Cersei, maybe in this episode. He won't kill her, though. He'll leave her. 

They'll kill Cersei next season. Hopefully Jaime does it. 

On 8/23/2017 at 9:16 AM, Marlom said:

Jaime actually did betray her--so far as he knew--by not bringing her Tyrion's head. In fact, he betrayed Previous Jaime, who vowed to cut Tyrion in two if he ever saw him again. 

She let it go because she changed her mind without telling him. 

6 hours ago, Dragons dance with Wolves said:

Lena or no Lena, Cersei needs to die. She openly insulted Jaime by flaunting her hoo-ha as a prize for securing Euron's fleet.

If Jaime's not willing to stomach her making a marriage alliance, completely outnumbered and outmatched as they are, what are they even bothering with the throne for? The really stupid and reckless part is flaunting their couplehood and having a love child together. 

Besides, if she ever won the war Cersei'd probably have Urine drowned for realz. 

11 hours ago, darmody said:

If Jaime's not willing to stomach her making a marriage alliance, completely outnumbered and outmatched as they are, what are they even bothering with the throne for? The really stupid and reckless part is flaunting their couplehood and having a love child together. 

Besides, if she ever won the war Cersei'd probably have Urine drowned for realz. 

Good question. Jaime actually said just that after field of fire 2.0 to Cersei: we need to figure a way out of this war or we're going to lose. Cersei's response was surrender and die or fight and die, i know my choice. Cersei wont give it up. Jaime's ready to book it.

15 hours ago, darmody said:

This raises a good question... what would happen if she marries Euron, but has Jaime's baby? Would the baby be a "greyjoy" in the same sense that joff/tom/myrc were "baratheons"?

(also, a greyjoy king on the iron throne, blech)

She's either lying about her pregnancy as a way to manipulate jaime, or she's gonna tell Euron to F-off.

Archived