The upcoming "difficult negotiation" between The Lion & The Dragon

On 8/22/2017 at 3:11 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I don't think Cersei is planning to do anything but insult them and demand that they "bend the knee" (this fucking phrase) and hand over Tyrion before she lifts a finger to help them.  I don't think this will be a climatic scene.  I hope Cersei gets drunk (how Joffrey is the only one that possibly had fetal alcohol syndrome is beyond me) and is insulting and unhelpful.  Serves Jon and Tyrion right for how stupid the wight hunt was.

Agreed.  I wonder if Dany will even be in the pit. If she does show up, I really really hope it won't be on a dragon.  I rather like the idea someone else in the predictions thread mentioned of Dany holding back, and then once the big armistice goes south, putting Euron's fleet to the fire while Unsullied and Dothraki charge KL.  If she can find a way to do it without getting Jon Snow killed and Brienne, and Tyrion.

Also, if Cersei goes for the wildfyre in the pit, it will be such a cheap lazy plot device. Same if they unveil a "red wedding" type scenario. I will have to quit watching. That will kill me, so shit. 

I don't think Cersei will give two shits about the wight, which will make me super bitter about Viserion.

I think she's going to play nice, to unleash a plan against Jon and Dany once they are all  together fighting the Night King (where Sansa will have to save the day and end up killing Cersei) and both Jamie and Tyrion will buy that Cersei is playing nice because (a) they want to believe she's not a monster, (b) they can use the old "pregnancy has made her cautious" excuse, (c) Jamie is stockholm syndromed. 

Brienne will see Jamie once again making excuses for Cersei, and walk TF away, back to Tormund. 

I think Cersei ( Or the mountain or Qyburn) will kill Tyrion.  or try an Bronn will save him. Or Pod. 

I believe Littlefinger will not die, he will escape to King's Landing to offer Cersei his reconnaissance services on Winterfell and the north. But he will do it secretly so we don't know he didn't die. 

Theon will make an attempt to save Yara, but one of them is dying. 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, Frosta said:

I feel like it may *actually* be a real meeting. Jon's line at the end of the preview trailer has him sounding exasperated and out of breath, so maybe that's right after he dumps a zombie before Cercei's feet. 

I wonder if she'd actually get it... how she would react to truly knowing the bigger picture. Or has her Mad Queen paranoia gotten so bad, she'll think its some kind of trap, like Dany discovered how to make zombies just like The Mountain...

I keep thinking something along these lines. I may even have yelled at the TV something to the effect of "Cersei has the mountain. She UNDERSTANDS the undead. everyone knows she has the Mountain!!! she will not be impressed with a wight. WHY is no one thinking of how stupid this is???"

On 8/22/2017 at 6:52 PM, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Part of me thinks that Cersei will die by the hands of Jaime (in the season finale). (after trying to blow up the whole city) However I don't see how this could develop. She needs to be really cornered for this to happen and I am not seeing how. 

Perhaps she attempts a wildfyre plot, Jamie is told or discovers her and has to kill her to stop her. THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING. The only problem I see with it is that it needs to happen in the penultimate episode of season 8. 

On 8/22/2017 at 9:10 PM, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Tyrion and Varys both know Cersei (and Dany) far too well to believe such an accusation.

All true. but what about this: Littlefinger flees Winterfell when the Starks attempt to "confront" him, ends up in KL by hypersonic unladen swallow, HE poisons everyone/some, secretly. You know,  to cause chaos? 

On 8/23/2017 at 1:37 AM, Marlom said:

Cersei will say, that she is not impressed and shows her own Zombie-Mountain.

Then the Hound will step forward and asks if Zombie-Mountain will stand up again if he is beaten and shows how the Wight stands up again after a fight with normal weapons.

-> Clegane Bowl -> The Hound wins -> Zombie Mountain dead.

or maybe there will be a "Zombie-Bowl". Mountain will loose because the Wight stands up every time it gets hit and then kills The Mountain.

THIS sounds FUN!!!!!

On 8/23/2017 at 2:23 AM, Marlom said:

The simpliest thing: Promise help and when help is needed, refuse it.

Or, laugh in their faces, refusing to aid, or cease-fire knowing that if they think the Night King is a legitimate threat, their peoples and "kingdoms" will perish before the NK ever gets to her, so its to her advantage to let Winterfell fall.  

Archived