Queen Daenerys Targaryen will rule Westeros

X-Buster

On 8/26/2017 at 10:46 AM, Dawn of Fyre said:

Nah, there would be to much violence, people fighting for power. Who would elect leaders to rule themselves? Every major Lord would feel entitled. Daenerys would want power, etc. They would rip themselves apart before electing someone to govern them.

I would propose that the fact that republics have actually been formed in our own reality (emergent from monarchy/empire) justifiably demonstrates your speculation is unreasonable.

11 minutes ago, John Meta said:

I would propose that the fact that republics have actually been formed in our own reality (emergent from monarchy/empire) justifiably demonstrates your speculation is unreasonable.

Not in one year, they have not. The republic that have emerged from monarchies and Empires have taken centuries to transition. So, it is unreasonable to think that Daenerys can just change the monarchy to a republic in a few years without causing civil chaos. And Daenerys wants to be queen, you understand this, yes? She won't give up her birthright for democracy, lol.

2 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Not in one year, they have not. The republic that have emerged from monarchies and Empires have taken centuries to transition. So, it is unreasonable to think that Daenerys can just change the monarchy to a republic in a few years without causing civil chaos. And Daenerys wants to be queen, you understand this, yes? She won't give up her birthright for democracy, lol.

If she is dead it won't matter. But suffice it to say I disagree with your speculation. I am going by what is being shown and hinted at onscreen, and Tyrion bringing up the method of the Night's Watch for determining succession (pure democratic method) as well as other means of succession) hints that this alteration of succession is completely within the realm of possibilities for a conclusion.

I'm confident in proposing that the hereditary succession which is maligned by series characters will be abolished, and replaced; democracy, republic, constitutional monarchy, whatever the form of government taking its place.

14 minutes ago, John Meta said:

Also, all transitional governments have taken place in less than one year - literally overnight.

You don't understand. Literally most of Westeros have no concept of democracy. You can't just force democracy without the people wanting it, fighting for it - this is what happened in France when the monarchy fell. Westeros is centuries away from democracy, because that is realistic. How long did it take England and France to get a democracy - and with England it is a constitutional monarchy.

And Daenerys wants to break the wheel... if she dies, other rules would revert back to what they've always known.

5 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

You don't understand. Literally most of Westeros have no concept of democracy. You can't just force democracy without the people wanting it, fighting for it - this is what happened in France when the monarchy fell. Westeros is centuries away from democracy, because that is realistic. How long did it take England and France to get a democracy - and with England it is a constitutional monarchy.

And Daenerys wants to break the wheel... if she dies, other rules would revert back to what they've always known.

The only people who need a concept of democracy are the people ushering it in as the transitional government. Yes, Dany wants this and that, but none of it matters if she's not the queen and, right now, she's not even heir to the throne. It would be simple for that new form of government to be introduced at story's end, and it has been hinted at all along the way, from the beginning when Robert Baratheon soliliquized on, how long would it be before the people got fed up with the way things are, to Tyrion discussing introducing democracy as a means of assuring the wheel would never be reformed.

Again, every new form of government takes place literally overnight. Do you remember the USSR? Overnight. One moment it is, this government; the next moment it is, that government. I'm not sure why you would think this is completely outside the realm of possiblity, especially in a fantasy story when Winterfell literally transitioned government in a single moment. Where an Empire literally transitioned in a moment of time.

24 minutes ago, John Meta said:

The only people who need a concept of democracy are the people ushering it in as the transitional government. Yes, Dany wants this and that, but none of it matters if she's not the queen and, right now, she's not even heir to the throne. It would be simple for that new form of government to be introduced at story's end, and it has been hinted at all along the way, from the beginning when Robert Baratheon soliliquized on, how long would it be before the people got fed up with the way things are, to Tyrion discussing introducing democracy as a means of assuring the wheel would never be reformed.

Again, every new form of government takes place literally overnight. Do you remember the USSR? Overnight. One moment it is, this government; the next moment it is, that government. I'm not sure why you would think this is completely outside the realm of possiblity, especially in a fantasy story when Winterfell literally transitioned government in a single moment. Where an Empire literally transitioned in a moment of time.

Would the show be able to pull it off in one or two episodes? This won't even be discussed that much before the Night King is dead. What I imagined is that whatever new world they want to build, the final product won't be shown on screen, only the beginning of this better world. 

And if Daenerys has gotten pregnant on that boat, won't she try her hardest to give that child his or her birthright? 

Fyi, these ideas of Western universal human rights, the democracy we know today, etc. Developed out of the Enlightenmnt period. So, arguably Westeros would also need these movements before considering a democratic state that would not be corrupt like the "Republic" that was in the Ancient Roman Republic. 

Or perhaps, we will get a democracy similar to the Republic that developed in the Roman Empire around 60 Bc. The rich and those of noble birth were the ones who could get into power. The poor never had a chance.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:55 PM, Dawn of Fyre said:

Would the show be able to pull it off in one or two episodes? This won't even be discussed that much before the Night King is dead. What I imagined is that whatever new world they want to build, the final product won't be shown on screen, only the beginning of this better world. 

And if Daenerys has gotten pregnant on that boat, won't she try her hardest to give that child his or her birthright? 

Fyi, these ideas of Western universal human rights, the democracy we know today, etc. Developed out of the Enlightenmnt period. So, arguably Westeros would also need these movements before considering a democratic state that would not be corrupt like the "Republic" that was in the Ancient Roman Republic. 

Or perhaps, we will get a democracy similar to the Republic that developed in the Roman Empire around 60 Bc. The rich and those of noble birth were the ones who could get into power. The poor never had a chance.

Sure that's all possible, I agree. Personally I would always contest a "birthright" claim. I'd be arguing the whole way with Dany "Says who? How does you being the offspring of some person allow you to claim rulership over anything? This is all nonsense, your entire mission is based on a subjective philosophy that has no meaning in reality. It's all a scam!" But I'm sure no one will bring it up in the show.

On 8/30/2017 at 8:01 PM, John Meta said:

Sure that's all possible, I agree. Personally I would always contest a "birthright" claim. I'd be arguing the whole way with Dany "Says who? How does you being the offspring of some person allow you to claim rulership over anything? This is all nonsense, your entire mission is based on a subjective philosophy that has no meaning in reality. It's all a scam!" But I'm sure no one will bring it up in the show.

That same argument would best be applied to Jon if he or any of his supporters try to make a claim for the iron throne. 

Daenerys's claim to the iron throne is not solely based on the fact that she inherited from King Viserys 3 and King Aerys 2.  It's based on conquest.  She will conquer Westeros in the same way that her ancestor (Aegon the Conqueror) did.  And make no mistake, those detestable Lannisters (show) and Baratheons (in the book) are not going to step aside.  They will have to be beaten in battle and destroyed.  A person's claim is not nearly enough to put them in power.  Victory on the battlefield puts one in power. 

Archived