Who should rule Riverlands?

After Targaryen conquest, Tyrells and Baratheons managed to rule their kingdoms but Tullys didn't. Tullys conspired against Iron Throne for two times and the last one caused their downfall. Apparently Littlefinger doesn't have wish to rule Riverlands and Emmon Frey isn't a man to be trusted.

Should Lord of the Crossing rule Riverlands or this kingdom should be abolished and given to Greyjoys (if they sworn allegiance)?

Emmon is married to a strong Lannister woman from the main branch of the Lannister family, making the riverland rulers a Lannister/ riverland combination. It's acceptable to the people of the riverlands and binds the region to the crown and the westerlands. By far a wise decision for the current Baratheon-Lannister rulers of kings landing. 

Beyond that, Edmure Tully is the rightful lord, and seemed to be if nothing else in touch with and caring of his people. 

The Riverlands should awnser directly to King's Landing. Due to the geography and the quarrelsome nature of its Lords, the region is difficult to keep in order by just a Lord Paramount (or for that matter a king seen as too foreign like the Storm and Island Kings of old). Incorporating the entire region into the domain of King's Landing would give the River Lords sufficient placating to keep them in order, and would give the Iron Throne far greater resources to directly call upon as needed.

Turning Harrenhall into a permanent military fortification for a standing Royalist force would be a good way to utilize what should be all rights be some the strongest  holdings in Westeros.

Help:

Do anyone know how i can add a picture to a comment? I am not sure if it is possible.

Answear:

- The trident and its tributaries should be founded as a new sub region of the riverlands to be ruled by House Frey or House Tully. This region could be called the Trident.

-  The parts of the riverlands that are not a part of the trident or its tributaries should be incorporated into the crownlands. Including the entire black water rush and its tributaries falling inside the territory of the riverlands.

If one realm: the Riverlands should answer to King's Landing directly, and further connections between the Crownlands and the Riverlands should be made.

If the realms are separate: neighboring kingdoms should annex, or create suzerain vassal states in the portion of the Riverlands close to them - so the Starks to around Seagard, the Lannisters to past Riverrun, the Vale and Crownlands and Reach to various other portions. That leaves a rump kingdom which we can call the Kingdom of Harrenhal or something.

27 minutes ago, LordImp said:

Why are you so sure Edmure dies?

So as to make use of the extraordinairy coincidence that the Stark kids are the heirs to two kingdoms, something which has been exceedingly rare, and infact may never have been the case before in the history of Westeros, as far as we are aware. Joffrey might have been the first, except that we know he was not really the Baratheon heir. There may have been rare such instances before, but I can't think of one right now.

Surely there must be a purpose behind Martin setting that up.

3 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So as to make use of the extraordinairy coincidence that the Stark kids are the heirs to two kingdoms, something which has been exceedingly rare, and infact may never have been the case before in the history of Westeros, as far as we are aware. Joffrey might have been the first, except that we know he was not really the Baratheon heir. There may have been rare such instances before, but I can't think of one right now.

Surely there must be a purpose behind Martin setting that up.

So who do you see taking the Riverlands if Edmure dies? Sorry if I missed that part. 

*nevermind... I found after my battle with my phone :wacko: Bran or Rickon. 

So, if for some reason Sansa gets the Vale, then the north really expands? 

The Tullys. I could get behind the Mudds getting them if they aren't frauds though. 

And please stop calling people traitors for rebelling against Aerys, Aerys was a Madman and a terrible king, he provoced the rebellion himself by his unjust and cruel behaviour. 

Archived