The other, other dragon?

John Meta

Was Drogon the only dragon to return to Eastwatch? I noticed the other, other dragon flew away after the other dragon was killed. Then at Eastwatch, I wondered if Dany was waiting for Jon, or for the other dragon - or, both. It appeared Drogon(?) was flying around calling out, was he calling for the other dragon? Is the other, other dragon MIA? 

22 hours ago, John Meta said:

Was Drogon the only dragon to return to Eastwatch? I noticed the other, other dragon flew away after the other dragon was killed. Then at Eastwatch, I wondered if Dany was waiting for Jon, or for the other dragon - or, both. It appeared Drogon(?) was flying around calling out, was he calling for the other dragon? Is the other, other dragon MIA? 

Yes , the other one, Rhaegal (dont know spelling) flew away when the night king killed Viserion :(

I think she was waiting for both.

40 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

Rhaegal (dont know spelling)

Yeah, you got it right. It's simple: Rhaegar is her brother, Rhaego is her deformed baby, Rhaegal is her dragon, Reagan is the former US President, and Regan is the girl who got possessed by Pazuzu. Just remember the mnemonic R'hllor Only Likes Nan Naked for the final letters and you can keep them straight.

Just now, falcotron said:

Yeah, you got it right. It's simple: Rhaegar is her brother, Rhaego is her deformed baby, Rhaegal is her dragon, Reagan is the former US President, and Regan is the girl who got possessed by Pazuzu. Just remember the mnemonic R'hllor Only Likes Nan Naked for the final letters and you can keep them straight.

:D:D , I didnt remember she had named her dead baby like that.

Khal drogo was her husband and Drogon is her dragon because of him and..... dont  have any more relation to that one hahaha

41 minutes ago, Dragonandwolf said:

:D:D , I didnt remember she had named her dead baby like that.

Khal drogo was her husband and Drogon is her dragon because of him and..... dont  have any more relation to that one hahaha

Yeah, Drogon and Viserion are simple: they're named after her husband Drogo and her brother Viserys, and lots of Valyrian dragon names end in -on.

Only Rhaegal is confusing. Rhaego is named after her brother Rhaegar, and most Dothraki men have names ending in -o, so far so good. But Rhaegal is named after Rhaego and/or Rhaegar, but with a -al ending that doesn't appear on any other dragon name. Why? As GRRM says, he's not a linguist like Tolkien, and he had no interest in inventing realistic languages for his story, so there really is no answer. But Rhaegal sounds pretty cool for a dragon, so, fair enough.

19 hours ago, falcotron said:

Yeah, Drogon and Viserion are simple: they're named after her husband Drogo and her brother Viserys, and lots of Valyrian dragon names end in -on.

Only Rhaegal is confusing. Rhaego is named after her brother Rhaegar, and most Dothraki men have names ending in -o, so far so good. But Rhaegal is named after Rhaego and/or Rhaegar, but with a -al ending that doesn't appear on any other dragon name. Why? As GRRM says, he's not a linguist like Tolkien, and he had no interest in inventing realistic languages for his story, so there really is no answer. But Rhaegal sounds pretty cool for a dragon, so, fair enough.

Thats true.

But he invented Valyrian right? because they speak Valyrian, i think also the Dothraki speak another language, im not sure.

I do think Rhagel flew away and will come back.

1 hour ago, Dragonandwolf said:

But he invented Valyrian right? because they speak Valyrian, i think also the Dothraki speak another language, im not sure.

GRRM didn't invent actual languages for Valyrian, Dothraki, etc., he just tried to come up with a general sound for each language, make up names that fit that sound, and then avoid using the languages as much as possible so he wouldn't have to make up more words or grammar.

When the show started, they decided they couldn't get away with that, so they hired David Peterson to invent real languages for them. (I think there's an article about the details somewhere on westeros.org, and a whole forum for discussing it.)

1 hour ago, falcotron said:

GRRM didn't invent actual languages for Valyrian, Dothraki, etc., he just tried to come up with a general sound for each language, make up names that fit that sound, and then avoid using the languages as much as possible so he wouldn't have to make up more words or grammar.

When the show started, they decided they couldn't get away with that, so they hired David Peterson to invent real languages for them. (I think there's an article about the details somewhere on westeros.org, and a whole forum for discussing it.)

oh wow, didnt know that, i will look for it.

Archived