Thoros- Did he say this?

Katleesi

Just now, NickStark2494 said:

The NK is a White Walker. Why would the Children just make one WW ?

The night king isn't just a WW in the show.  He looks completely different.  It has been shown that he creates the WW from Craster boys.  A century before, maybe there was another source of raw material.

8 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Wouldn't have been a problem is one of those six idiots had brought a bow with some dragonglass arrows. 

Thwip thwip.  War won. 

Assuming, of course, that dragon glass works on NK like it does normal Walkers.  

I think bows vanished from Westeros recently... Game of thrones Mandela effect? :o

41 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

The night king isn't just a WW in the show.  He looks completely different.  It has been shown that he creates the WW from Craster boys.  A century before, maybe there was another source of raw material.

Yes, but why would the Children only create one guy to fight the First Men ? You keep evading the fact that it makes no sense.

Creating just one dude is ridiculous. If they can capture one man and turn him into an icy demon, why not make more of them ?

And he doesn't look completely different. He has a distinct facial design, but that's it. He's still a White Walker.

Just now, NickStark2494 said:

Yes, but why would the Children only create one guy to fight the First Men ? You keep evading the fact that it makes no sense.

Creating just one dude is ridiculous. If they can capture one man and turn him into an icy demon, why not make more of them ?

And he doesn't look completely different. He has a distinct facial design, but that's it. He's still a White Walker.

You're asking the question to which the show provides no answer.  I'm not evading it, I'm providing the answer the show gives, which is no answer at all.

We could wax for months, years, about what took place after the Leaf/NK scene, but we'll never know what was in George's or D&D's heads unless they spell it out.  I happen to follow the Bran is NK theory, so I think that the creation of WW is a recent phenomenon, and Bran as NK has been cooling his heels for millenia, waiting for Bran as kid to be born so he could kill himself as kid and stop the time meddling before it happens.  Who knows when he learned he had the power to both creat WW from live humans and raise the dead, but it is apparent to me that he only put it into action in modern (to that universe) times after his birth as Bran.

9 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Wouldn't have been a problem is one of those six idiots had brought a bow with some dragonglass arrows. 

Thwip thwip.  War won. 

Assuming, of course, that dragon glass works on NK like it does normal Walkers.  

Now I miss Ygritte even more! (assuming dragonglass works on NK, as mentioned)

8 hours ago, Deminelle said:

Do we need Samwell to figure out a means to kill him? And in haste.

probably this is what Samwell Tarly's story arc is leading to.  although my money is on Gilly being the one to read it, as Samwell yells at her about shits for two years until he realizes she found something important.  

On 23/08/2017 at 10:24 AM, Kytheros said:

It was Beric, not Thoros, and he was talking about killing the Night King being an alternative to getting rescued by Daenerys and dragons.

Remember, when they were capturing the wight, when Jon killed the White Walker, all the rest of the wights dropped instantly. By extension, kill the Night King, kill the rest of the White Walkers and the wights, at least, according to Beric's theory. Or, if not, then it'd probably still kill most of the wights, making it much easier to kill the rest of the wights and any surviving Walkers.

I even thought that the most surprising line was Jon's... After saying that Killing the NK (he turned them all) is another chance , Jon said "You don't understand"... 

He doesn't understand what? WHy did he say that...? He sounded like something even deeper than what we think is hidden... I don't know... Why did he say "You don't understand.."? It is clear! He killed one WW and all the wights behind him "died" except one. They said "maybe because he was the one who turned them"... Beric said then if Jon kills the NK the problem is solved... But Jon answers "You don't understand..."  

PS:haven't watched epi 7 so maybe i'm late... 

Archived