Jon's poor battle record

On 8/26/2017 at 2:00 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

Sansa doesn't mention it because she's a selfish idiot. 

Haha, this is known!

13 hours ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Jon is incompetent.  He deserves to die.  He should die fighting the white walkers.

I do agree with you but just be mindful that even the incompetent can get lucky and survive.  Take the case of Sansa.  Now that is an incompetent that should have died with her direwolf but somehow managed to get lucky.  It's time for her luck to run out.  It's been time five seasons ago. 

Jon doesn't have the ability to rule or to command.  He's better suited for the role of sergeant than that of general.  He should definitely die in the battle with the white walkers, in my opinion.  He took an oath to defend the realm against the white walkers and he should die at his post.  He took an oath not to father any children, pursue glory, or rule over a kingdom.  I may actually dislike him a lot less if he chooses to return to the wall to continue his watch.  I don't think the white walkers will be defeated for good.  This is the world of ice and fire after all.  For the same reasons, I think the dragons are back in the world for good.

5 hours ago, Mon ami said:

Haha, this is known!

I do agree with you but just be mindful that even the incompetent can get lucky and survive.  Take the case of Sansa.  Now that is an incompetent that should have died with her direwolf but somehow managed to get lucky.  It's time for her luck to run out.  It's been time five seasons ago. 

Jon doesn't have the ability to rule or to command.  He's better suited for the role of sergeant than that of general.  He should definitely die in the battle with the white walkers, in my opinion.  He took an oath to defend the realm against the white walkers and he should die at his post.  He took an oath not to father any children, pursue glory, or rule over a kingdom.  I may actually dislike him a lot less if he chooses to return to the wall to continue his watch.  I don't think the white walkers will be defeated for good.  This is the world of ice and fire after all.  For the same reasons, I think the dragons are back in the world for good.

I hate Jon but I wouldn't say he's incompetent.  In the books he's a traitor but not an incompetent.  He's too emotional and he doesn't think with his head.  He's a crude person who should remain with the wildlings.  I do agree that he would not make a good ruler.  He might make a decent village chief of the free folk in the footsteps of Tormund.

Archived