White Walkers crossing the Wall possibilities

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, ssls6 said:

We have seen mammoths and giants almost pull the gate down.   I'm sure a dragon with chains and pull the door off.

The time is now to block the tunnels with boulders and freeze in the left over spaces making a solid barrier of stone and ice.

When the NK marked Bran the WW and AoD were able to pass through the magic barrier the CoF used. Since Bran is beyond the Wall, the spells in place should be null and void allowing the army to pass.

During the wildling war the giants were able to succeed in breaking through the gates. With undead giants, a dragon, and big ole chains there should be little issue with breaking down the gates. Eastwatch is the closest castle to break through, but they could go through a vacant castle as well. 

Another possibility is if the undead dragon breaths ice, then they could freeze the water and go around the wall. 

On 8/23/2017 at 4:53 PM, Styl7 said:

Guys the Wall isn't just Ice.. It's the spells that keep the White Walkers out.. Many claim that this is not true.. But I think that  what kept them out of the place where the Three eyed Raven lived is what keep them north of the Wall.. Will the Wall fal? I used to believe that..(horn of Jorhamun) but I don't think such a thing will happen. When the NK touched Bran he marked hi. So he was able to pass in the cave/tree. Is it possible that Bran will have sth to do with this.. Possibly..Many even believe that Bran is the Nights King.. So of he has a part of himself south of the wall he can pass.. Maybe will will fly above the wall and when he pass it the spells will be broken..

Maybe the Wall's magic is gone because the Nights Watch isn't true.. Old Nan know things that not many ppl do...

"The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true", that's what Old Nan used to say.

In The Door when he broke the ward he touched the ground and cracked towards Bran. I can't see this happening through the wall over miles of distance all the way to Winterfell. I also doubt Bran would have gone back if it meant allowing the NK through the wall.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:12 AM, Fearodh said:

Or the Dragon has a frost breath and uses it to freeze over the ocean at eastwatch. The whole army walks over the ice and attacks eastwatch from the south.

This. I also have a theory that if it is an ice dragon... we know when dragons were reborn it had effects on the world and magic started returning. It could be the existence of the ice dragon also has worldly effects and could be the cause of the long winter.

There is also the possibility that the night king is powerful enough to nullify the wall enchatments at any time and has simply choose not to until now. The night king is clearly more powerful than a dragon and so many people have been vastly underestimating him since the begining. 

On 8/22/2017 at 11:17 PM, Lord Highland said:

Please don't read if you haven't seen S07E06.

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Which one do you think it will be? Or do you still think the Wall will fall?

Why do you think a being that kills dragons and walks though dragon fire with ease needs help from a dragon to cross a wall ? 

pretty sure if viserion breaths ice he could just create a massive bridge that starts at one side of the wall and ends on the other side....

think iceman from xmen when he creates those long ice tracks to surf on.... he would start pretty far out from the wall so its a gradual rise and not very steep.

4 hours ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

pretty sure if viserion breaths ice he could just create a massive bridge that starts at one side of the wall and ends on the other side....

think iceman from xmen when he creates those long ice tracks to surf on.... he would start pretty far out from the wall so its a gradual rise and not very steep.

Too good to be true.

Most likely I'll be stuck with unVIserion breathing fire, which seams thematicaly odd.
(a dead dragon rised with ice magic using fire)

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:17 PM, Lord Highland said:

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Dragons don't have hands so it won't be opening any gates.

The doors can be sealed by freezing them close anyway, presumably at this point it would be a smart move to do that.

The thing about walls is that you can just go around them. What is to stop the Night King from getting a boat (his undead are just fine under water, so the can march through the ocean) and just going around the wall?

There is a more obvious way.....assuming that the dragon can still breath fire, and since dragon breath can melt castles, he could simply use the dragon to melt a gap in the wall. Easy peasy. No need for any messy battles or anything like that, just walk straight through.

14 hours ago, MilesJames said:

Why do you think a being that kills dragons and walks though dragon fire with ease needs help from a dragon to cross a wall ? 

Actually, he does. The wall was constructed with magical wards built into it, so the whitewalkers and wights can't cross it even if they wanted to. To get across they have to physically destroy the wall, not win a battle.

33 minutes ago, tugela said:

Actually, he does. The wall was constructed with magical wards built into it, so the whitewalkers and wights can't cross it even if they wanted to. To get across they have to physically destroy the wall, not win a battle.

Or at least destroy the magic in the wall

6 hours ago, tugela said:

This is true according to ancient myths from thousands of years ago. We do not know that is actually true. 

6 hours ago, tugela said:

Dragons don't have hands so it won't be opening any gates.

I meant the dragon just takes the NK and some White Walkers to the south side of the Wall and kills the NW, then the NK opens the gates from the south for the rest of the army.

21 hours ago, MilesJames said:

In addition to the Wall potentially having some sort of a magic barrier for the WW, it's not just the NK and his few WW followers that need to pass but also the huge army they lead. If the WW go south without their army even Ramsay with 20 good men and some dragonglass weapons would demolish them.

9 hours ago, tugela said:

just keep in mind that the seven samurais are bringing a wigh to KL, so iy had to pass through the wall

On 23/08/2017 at 2:17 PM, Lord Highland said:

I think 2 is the most likely scenario (even though this would contradict what Benjen said when he dropped Bran and Meera off near the wall about the dead not being able to pass through the wall because of magic spells cast into it when it was built.  However, if the writers ignored/forgot about that, it wouldn't be the first time they have done so.   Maybe they will claim that Bran passing through with the Night King's mark upon him, broke the spells).

As a viewer, I don't want a sneak around or sneak over or a breach of the wall.

The spell that binds the wall needs to be broken and the entire wall needs to suffer a cascade failure that reduces it to a huge debris field.  The shock wave needs to be heard as far away as the neck and the tremors shake people awake in KL.

I'm talking about firing Chekhov's wall here.  It has to be heard even in the lobby!

Think of an ice version of the Doom of Valeria.

Archived