Jump to content
Lord Highland

White Walkers crossing the Wall possibilities

Recommended Posts

Please don't read if you haven't seen S07E06.

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Which one do you think it will be? Or do you still think the Wall will fall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Highland said:

Please don't read if you haven't seen S07E06.

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Which one do you think it will be? Or do you still think the Wall will fall?

In S04E04 you can see 14 WW when the NK turns Crasters Baby into a WW.

And when every boy of Craster is turned into a WW there must be much more even though the show only shows us 5-6.

There is a 3rd possibility: The Dragon is not a real ice dragon like the lore tells us from the books and burns down the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or the Dragon has a frost breath and uses it to freeze over the ocean at eastwatch. The whole army walks over the ice and attacks eastwatch from the south.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord Highland said:

Please don't read if you haven't seen S07E06.

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Which one do you think it will be? Or do you still think the Wall will fall?

Another possibility is flying to the sea, then south and west again (by passing the walll). Them attacking Eastwatch from the back and opening the gates..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fearodh said:

Or the Dragon has a frost breath and uses it to freeze over the ocean at eastwatch. The whole army walks over the ice and attacks eastwatch from the south.

I like it a lot. 

I just can't see an Ice Dragon "burning" down the wall, it would be nonsense. Your alternative is much better.

Furthermore, I'm not sure unViserion can still fly after his injuries. Maybe his ice breath will be his main tool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dragon fire being one of the strongest things, being needed to melt/break through the wall,and destroy the magic within it,  makes a lot of sense to me. 


Going around it by freezing the sea, or flying over it would make the wall and the magic within it rather pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Katrasay said:

Dragon fire being one of the strongest things, being needed to melt/break through the wall,and destroy the magic within it,  makes a lot of sense to me. 


Going around it by freezing the sea, or flying over it would make the wall and the magic within it rather pointless. 

I feel you, but an ice dragon breathing fire is hard to swallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guilherme Rubira said:

I like it a lot. 

I just can't see an Ice Dragon "burning" down the wall, it would be nonsense. Your alternative is much better.

Furthermore, I'm not sure unViserion can still fly after his injuries. Maybe his ice breath will be his main tool.

In the books icedragons are made of living ice and are not related to the fire version.

UnViserion is strictly speaking no icedragon.

Edited by Marlom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Marlom said:

In the books icedragons are made of living ice.

UnViserion is strictly speaking no icedragon.

Good point.
But if you think about it, unViserion still took an ice spear in the throat, maybe limiting his ability to breathe fire.
Even when reanimated, the wights still have limitations due to the way they died, like Lady Stoneheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys the Wall isn't just Ice.. It's the spells that keep the White Walkers out.. Many claim that this is not true.. But I think that  what kept them out of the place where the Three eyed Raven lived is what keep them north of the Wall.. Will the Wall fal? I used to believe that..(horn of Jorhamun) but I don't think such a thing will happen. When the NK touched Bran he marked hi. So he was able to pass in the cave/tree. Is it possible that Bran will have sth to do with this.. Possibly..Many even believe that Bran is the Nights King.. So of he has a part of himself south of the wall he can pass.. Maybe will will fly above the wall and when he pass it the spells will be broken..

Maybe the Wall's magic is gone because the Nights Watch isn't true.. Old Nan know things that not many ppl do...

"The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true", that's what Old Nan used to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not possible, I'm sure.
They would rather use some of the most exalted magic or some kind of orbs.It could look like in PoE where to be stronger, you have to buy exalted orbs. I recommend Exalted Orbs to buy when exalts are cheap. Cheapest Exalted Orbs I've seen here https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/harbinger-hardcore

Edited by Hellbell19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guilherme Rubira said:

Furthermore, I'm not sure unViserion can still fly after his injuries. Maybe his ice breath will be his main tool.

I would agree with this if I hadn't lost faith in the show. They wanted their epic zombie dragon shot so badly they basically had all the characters struck with stupidity to facilitate it. No way they have enough self control to be like "well, realistically how can it still fly". Instead the logic will be "think how excited people will be when they see Dany and Jon on dragons squaring off against the NK on his in an epic aerial battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TywinBestCharacter said:

I would agree with this if I hadn't lost faith in the show. They wanted their epic zombie dragon shot so badly they basically had all the characters struck with stupidity to facilitate it. No way they have enough self control to be like "well, realistically how can it still fly". Instead the logic will be "think how excited people will be when they see Dany and Jon on dragons squaring off against the NK on his in an epic aerial battle.

How can the undead still fight while they are not much more then bones (some of them).

How could the horse from season 3 (I think) still walk?

How could the bear from last episode still walk & attack ?

They all could do the same things like before they were undead, because the WW use magic. So it actually makes sense that an undead dragon can still fly and breathe fire. If it would breathe ice I would be surprised.

6 hours ago, Katrasay said:


There is no way in hell that they brought this dragon back, if it cant fly and breath Fire/ice. 

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a captured wight south of the wall opens a way, as he's connected to the WW who turned him. This defuses the magic, and the zombie dragon can tear down the wall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the low number of WW on the show is indeed strange. There should be much more, even if the Night King only recruited Crester's babies (which would not make sense at all, why should he not also have turned little wildings?). I would have expected hundreds of White Walkers, which btw way would make the menace more believable - in the last, terrible, episode, I only thought, "that's the whole army of the dead? Really? Give me ten good men with dragon glass, no need to disturb Dany and Cersei."

As we're talking about the dragon: In The Door, they've killed some children of the forest - did they turn, too?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×