Ellaria, Yara, and Tyene

The Commentator

Of the three there is a much higher chance of us seeing Yara do something again.

I do not enjoy either the iron bore or the dorne filler scenes.  But D&D have kept Theon alive for some reason and Theon or is he Reek again? is focused on getting his sister back and he is willing to sacrifice anyone who will listen to do it fighting Euron to the last unsullied that Dany loans him.

If Arya had better intel, Theon would be on the list.

Yara will be freed and Euron defeated to buoy up the whole girl power angle they are working.  Maybe Dany asks for Yara as a sign of good faith at the bargaining table with Cersie?

Off topic but with all of the people pointing out the rapid travel in this season, has anyone pointed out that for the Greyjoy rebellion, they spent five years building a fleet and Euron was able to order a 1000 ship fleet and crack trained crews from Amazon?

Yara most likely is who is surviving. 

Tyene is most likely dead. I don't care for Ellaria in the show and I think she's outlived her usefulness (tbh I believe everyone will just completely forget Dorne by the end).

1 hour ago, Col Cinders said:

Of the three there is a much higher chance of us seeing Yara do something again.

I do not enjoy either the iron bore or the dorne filler scenes.  But D&D have kept Theon alive for some reason and Theon or is he Reek again? is focused on getting his sister back and he is willing to sacrifice anyone who will listen to do it fighting Euron to the last unsullied that Dany loans him.

If Arya had better intel, Theon would be on the list.

Yara will be freed and Euron defeated to buoy up the whole girl power angle they are working.  Maybe Dany asks for Yara as a sign of good faith at the bargaining table with Cersie?

Off topic but with all of the people pointing out the rapid travel in this season, has anyone pointed out that for the Greyjoy rebellion, they spent five years building a fleet and Euron was able to order a 1000 ship fleet and crack trained crews from Amazon?

It would be nice if they either redeemed Theon to some extent for slipping out on Yara or killed him off.  I've always believed that book-Asha would end up ruling the Iron Islands; so I think her TV counterpart will do the same.

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Dagger spice is dead.  I doubt we see her mother again.  "Yara" will probably live and rule the IB.

I love how you said "Yara."

I think Tyene's a good bet. We'll see Yara lead the IB and Ellaria will go to Dorne but that's it.

1 hour ago, triton333 said:

Unlikely. She will be released when Cersei is overthrown.

If I were Tyrion advising Dany, I might neglect to remind her that Ellaria is in the cells and work out some plan to quietly exile her or something instead. 

Ellaria is, at best, a loose cannon. When that loose cannon can fire 14000 troops your way—and troops that don't fit into Cersei's "foreign barbarian invader" paradigm, and can flank the Lannister forces from another angle—the benefit is worth the cost. But after Dany's already won, Ellaria is almost pure liability.

Sure, there's usually PR to be gained in rewarding people for their loyalty, but does anyone in Dorne or elsewhere believe Ellaria was at all motivated by loyalty rather than vengeance? (If she'd done something of material benefit to Dany, that would be different, but she never got a chance.) And besides, endorsing her underage non-Sand-Snake daughter as Princess of Dorne with some nice, stable regent gets you almost as much goodwill, without the cost.

And I wouldn't feel too guilty. I'm pretty sure if you set Ellaria up with a bit of land and money in Lys or something, she'd have a fine life, and maybe even learn to get past her vengeance obsession now that there's nobody left alive who murdered her family except herself and it's all far away across the Narrow Sea.

3 hours ago, Lord Okra said:

None of the characters are likable on the show.

I'll be glad if they all die.  If Ellaria and Yara end up on thrones then whatever...but I hope they end up dead.  Neither have any redeeming values that I can see.

But... but feminism and lesbians and stuff.. ehh.. girl power? I think?

(in case it wasn't clear: I'm just mocking the producers for their utter mockery of all of the above)

I almost expected, and hoped that Tyene would survive at first. Saved by Bronn perhaps. 
At this point however, with so many episodes and so much time having passed since she was poisoned, I would actually be annoyed if she's still alive.

As for Ellaria, I simply don't care.
They can have her chew of her tongue and bleed to death in the cell for all I care. Her arc seems finished by now.

Yara will most likely make a return however, not sure how. I can see them releasing her since she technically has almost no support and no fleet left, so Euron doesn't feel threatened by her. But on the flip-side, Euron releasing her for any reason what so ever seems out of character for him. Perhaps Cersei orders him to, we'll see.

11 hours ago, falcotron said:

Ellaria is, at best, a loose cannon. When that loose cannon can fire 14000 troops your way

Do you think it will ever be explained how Ellaria, the paramour of the Prince's brother can gain unchallenged control of these 14000 troops and all of Dorne by assassinating the ruling Prince?

19 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Do you think it will ever be explained how Ellaria, the paramour of the Prince's brother can gain unchallenged control of these 14000 troops and all of Dorne by assassinating the ruling Prince?

Duh? It was explained already, weren't you listening? They were weak men!

Archived