Ice Spiders?

Axebringer

Hello, lovely people!

So, in the show we got:

1) The Others
2) Undead people
3) Undead animals
4) Undead giants

And now an undead dragon, so I was thinking... Will we ever see those famous ice spiders? 
They were mentioned in the first season and in the books. The show clearly wants to give to the audience more spectacular scenes, battles and monsters. So maybe, just maybe, the writers could somehow introduce the ice spiders.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

We were just talking about this in my thread about Jon Snow and his 12 companions :). Old Nan is amazing and I really hope they bring in some ice spiders. There just can't be only a handful of WW and the NK that they keep showing us. Since they are referencing some older stuff from previous seasons, I hope they introduce this.  Sansa's letter, the Hound and Arya sheltering with that man and his daughter in the Riverlands, it can happen!

As I mentioned in fire&blood's thread: as recently as S5, D&D skipped a book scene where Sam read about ice spiders in a book of dubious trustworthiness, and added in an invented scene where a wildling says that dragonglass killing walkers is as ridiculous as walkers riding giant ice spiders.

Of course that could just be a little shout out that turns out to mean nothing, but it could mean that they're taking the possibility seriously and want us to as well.

1 minute ago, Lurid Jester said:

While I'd normally be all for ice spiders...  in this case I have to say I hope not. 

It would just be another excuse to not show Ghost or Nymeria.  

I think Ghost is going to get one big scene where he gets to be super badass enough to justify his CGI cost in a battle. And of course he's going to die to give the viewers the feels. And what better way for him to go out than killing a giant ice spider just in time to save Jon from having his dragon shot out from underneath him with a walker ice lance?

Archived