Ways Dany Could Get to the Wall

Pandean

Other than the raven thing.

Since it made no sense that they could go to the Wall, have Gendry run back to Eastwatch, have a raven sent, have Dany come in the amount of time we've been given (and I know there's always a sense of suspension of disbelief but at least I think after a while the disbelief is too great and also it did go back on some show canon stuff) wouldn't there be other ways of Dany showing up at the Wall?

Like;

Now that they're gone, they show Dany being super concerned for the group that's gone, especially Jon due to her budding feelings for him, she's restless and keeps worrying about what may happen and feels that as the rightful queen she should be helping. She decides that she can't just sit and wait for things to happen, a Queen must take action, and if need be risk here life for her people, and flies to the Wall in time to help the group stranded on the rock island thing.

It would show that Dany is still that compassionate person, that her heart is in the right place, and perhaps even take away some of the harshness of her actions the previous episode by showing she does care and will risk her life for those who are her (potential) subjects.

And then we have the Suicidal Seven trapped on the rock island and really believing that they're completely screwed until Dany comes.

Obviously, it's not perfect and I thought it up at 2 in the morning, but maybe it would work?

Did anyone else have any ideas how they could've done the Wall thing better?

15 minutes ago, Pandean said:

So, bad idea, then?

No I like it better than what we got.  I am a fan of the idea that Jorah returns to Dragonstone from the Citadel, where he learned from Samwell Tarly that there is an army of dead north of the wall that means to take out all of the living.  He mentions this to Cersei in Jons presence, thereby giving Dany two independant sources for this (Jon, Jorah) plus an account from Bran and an account from Davos.  Out of curiosity or out of concern, she then has her and jon load onto drogon and the three dragons fly up there to see what it's all about.  Night King can still take out one of the dragons, she can still learn of the true threat, and her and Jon get more one on one time.

If they absolutely have to do the wight hunt quest, than I like Jorah returning after Jon and Gendry and Davos already leave.  Jorah tells her that he heard this army of the dead is unbelievable, and extremely perilous, and she decides to go out after them to help them and see for herself, for all the reasons you stated in your original post.   Again, a dragon can still die if need be.

I also read someone's idea on another thread that had Bran warg a flock of ravens and send them to Dragonstone, where one lands on the big ass map of Westeros right at the exact location where Jon and Co are about to encounter the Night King, and it starts pecking/signaling this spot.  Dany and Tyrion then deduce that this is too strange for a coincidence and Dany decides to go out after them.  I'd even like to hear the raven screech 'Snow' because in the books (and maybe the show, i can;t remember) it is told that the ravens in Maester Aemons ravenry could screech 'corn' and 'snow' if I remember correctly, and I think that'd be a nice touch.

2 minutes ago, Yoren Luck said:

No I like it better than what we got.  I am a fan of the idea that Jorah returns to Dragonstone from the Citadel, where he learned from Samwell Tarly that there is an army of dead north of the wall that means to take out all of the living.  He mentions this to Cersei in Jons presence, thereby giving Dany two independant sources for this (Jon, Jorah) plus an account from Bran and an account from Davos.  Out of curiosity or out of concern, she then has her and jon load onto drogon and the three dragons fly up there to see what it's all about.  Night King can still take out one of the dragons, she can still learn of the true threat, and her and Jon get more one on one time.

If they absolutely have to do the wight hunt quest, than I like Jorah returning after Jon and Gendry and Davos already leave.  Jorah tells her that he heard this army of the dead is unbelievable, and extremely perilous, and she decides to go out after them to help them and see for herself, for all the reasons you stated in your original post.   Again, a dragon can still die if need be.

I also read someone's idea on another thread that had Bran warg a flock of ravens and send them to Dragonstone, where one lands on the big ass map of Westeros right at the exact location where Jon and Co are about to encounter the Night King, and it starts pecking/signaling this spot.  Dany and Tyrion then deduce that this is too strange for a coincidence and Dany decides to go out after them.  I'd even like to hear the raven screech 'Snow' because in the books (and maybe the show, i can;t remember) it is told that the ravens in Maester Aemons ravenry could screech 'corn' and 'snow' if I remember correctly, and I think that'd be a nice touch.

Ooh, those are good too. A lot more sense than anything else.

And yeah, I think LC Mormont's raven screeched corn, snow, king, and blood or something

Archived