What is your level of excitement for this esidose?

This is it. Episode 7 of Season 7 the Season Finale.

Biggest budget ever, highest viewership ratings ever.

But somehow I am not excited, I was excited when the season started and for the first half of it, but after episode 6 I was really depressed about it. Now I just want the season to be over so we can move on.

I rate my excitement for episode 7 a  1/10.

6 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

But somehow I am not excited, I was excited when the season started and for the first half of it, but after episode 6 I was really depressed about it. Now I just want the season to be over so we can move on.

I'm trying to remain optimistic about this season finale.  I find myself being overly critical with this show since it is creatively different than how I imagine it should be. 

The excitement I have might be around a 7/10 just because there is an opportunity for some twists to happen, and if done correctly some fan-service things could be pretty good.

Meh I sat here too long before posting this and dropped it to a 5/10 because I feel like they will screw the pacing up and botch all the big end of season reveals or whatever.

I'm looking forward to it! The set-up suggests we'll get plenty of action from the show's best actors, so that should be good fun regardless.

I'm also curious to seeing the Winterfell situation resolved or kicked up a notch. Unlike others I've found this fairly enjoyable (not counting the rather ridiculous sword-fight with Brienne).

There's been a lot happening this season but the quality has not been great, I also thought last week's was one of the weaker penultimate episodes throughout the show's life. So my excitement is the same for all the episodes in Season 7, looking forward to it, but fairly sure it won't be amongst my top 5 favourite episodes.

11 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

You've captured my feelings... I confess I am even less excited to discuss or to make predictions, as I feel that any intelligent discussion, or logic interpretations are pointless since  the show morphed in "just another action movie".

So  I was on vacation in episode 2. In a paradisiac place overseas... I went to my hotel room to watch GoT on Sunday, when I could have done so many other things. This finale, while I plan to watch,  I would not mind to miss it...

If I was a billionaire thats what I would do:

"Homeland" fans:

(...) some fans, incensed by what happened in this season’s finale, have taken out a full-page ad to vent their frustration. The ad, in the form of an open letter, appeared in the Aug. 23 edition of the Hollywood Reporter and took the creative team behind “Homeland” to task for, among other things, killing off beloved character Peter Quinn, played by Rupert Friend.

“We are a group of passionate ‘Homeland’ fans representing thousands of aggrieved viewers and fans who have banded together in protest to found #NotOurHomeland,” the ad began.(...)

DH8bWtaXcAM00or.jpg:large

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/24/homeland-fans-are-so-unhappy-they-took-out-a-full-page-ad-to-tell-its-creators/?hpid=hp_hp-morning-mix_mm-homeland%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.b64c5c9a508c

Well, pretty excited and so sorry at the same time, because it will be the last news of GOT for a while. We'll have to wait for two years after that.

Two years... that's madness.:o

I'm so frustrated waiting so long now for the books, I tried to find answers in the show (even if of course, a lot of events are different). So when it will be over, I will have to find out a new obsession, I suppose. :D 

Hopefully we'll get the next book meanwhile...cross fingers. :rolleyes:

I'm not satisfied with this season, but as I don't have new books....beggars can't be choosers.

Excitement not found.

Visually fantastic, wish I had a bigger screen TV but the story is less than enchanting the way it is unfolding.

Tell me the next book will be released right after this episode and I wont be able to wait.

My level of excitement? ITS OVER 9000!!!!

Seriously, though I have been disappointed by e6 and the overall rushed feeling of the whole season, it is still great entertainment and I CANT WAIT to see what happens next.

The wait for next year will again be gruesome. Good that I have buried all hopes that George ever finishes the books.

I am excited but at the same time, very nervous. I hope the absurd plot points are over with (they won't be but I can dream) and it gets back on track. Because I don't believe this will happen, I am very nervous.

Once we have CLEGANEBOWL fucking confirmed I will get fucking HYPE...

Yeah until then I'm floating at about a 3.5/10 and that's probably where it will stay.  I really enjoyed the season premiere actually and had been gradually declining in my excitement until the last episode which was the single worst episode of GoT history.  I am so ready for Winds.  I might not watch season 8.  I gave up on the Walking Dead 4 episodes into season 7 (after thinking about it for years) and I actually gave up on Girls with only one episode left.  I am reaching the point where I'm not even curious anymore about GoT.  Jaime is the only character whose end game I want to see and hope works out well.  I've been team white walkers for two seasons now and even they are frustrating me.

Cleganebowl would change that though, for one episode only.

I'm not overly excited, but I am plenty curious.

Even if I'm expecting some pitfalls in terms of dialogue and plot, it's still interesting to me to see all these characters colliding for the first time in 7 seasons.

My pure excitement level is around 4/10, my intrigued/curious level is around 9/10. Grand total about 6.5/10 maybe? 

I am a big fan of both the books and the show, so of course I'm excited about the season finale. However, after episode 6 there's also a bit of fear that they are going to create too many plotholes, or that there'll be a lot of scenes with bad writing. I've never had this feeling before. Overall I find season 7 to be pretty good. Not as good as some earlier seasons, but still solid. After ep 6 though I'm just praying that they won't screw up the season finale. 

10 hours ago, Sasha said:

Well, pretty excited and so sorry at the same time, because it will be the last news of GOT for a while. We'll have to wait for two years after that.

Two years... that's madness.:o

I'm so frustrated waiting so long now for the books, I tried to find answers in the show (even if of course, a lot of events are different). So when it will be over, I will have to find out a new obsession, I suppose. :D 

Hopefully we'll get the next book meanwhile...cross fingers. :rolleyes:

I'm not satisfied with this season, but as I don't have new books....beggars can't be choosers.

Two years is really too long and unjustified imo.

I would take WoW over S8 anytime though.

If you had asked me after Ep4 I would have been really excited.

Now I am both excited, but also somewhat dreading it, as I don't think they have any idea how to finish this story properly.

Sadly expect well acted scenes, great set design and CGI and a plot that doesn't make any sense. Characters kept around long after they should have been dead because D&D think their "awesome" or some such. 

Great if I am proved wrong.

LMAO at everyone who thinks D&D "ruined" the show. I'm sure you could all do a much better job!!!

Sound like a bunch of whining spoilt brats, throwing your toys out of the cot.

So excited for the finale, because I'm enjoying this story, love the progression and couldn't give a shit that the timeline is moving faster (oh, boo hoo).

Archived