What is your level of excitement for this esidose?

10. On a scale of 10-100.
The worst season will probably get a "worthy" finish.

btw: I like the typo in this thread's title, I'm trying to figure out what "ESI" stands for.
The Elaborateness Sagaciousness Ingenuity dose will be rather low in this episode.
The Equine Sh** Imbecility dose on the other hand much elevated.

3 hours ago, Fiery Heart said:

One of the biggest indicators of time is the lake freezing over, that is what I personally am going by, I don't believe that it could freeze over sufficiently in that period of time.

There is no logic in having thin ice during winter beyond the wall at the first place.

10 hours ago, NickStark2494 said:

The quality isn't as good as it could get, because it used to be infinitely better. Of course I try to enjoy it, but you can't help it if you don't like something. I still enjoy some aspects of the show, and still look forward to it, but the writing just doesn't work for me anymore. GoT set an amazing standard for itself in earlier seasons, and I'm merely holding it to that standard. Maybe it wasn't flawless, but it used to be pretty damn close. Now it has many unnecessary flaws that are clearly a byproduct of writers who don't spend enough time working on their scripts.

Amen.  Perfect analysis. They create some paradoxical things without need. An easy fix, would be Danny struggling herself with the fact that Jon and Jorah are going in a suicide mission. After some dramatic scenes of her struggle, and asking herself what she should do, she decides to help and shows up at the rock in that final scene. No Gendry marathon, no jet powered ravens and still the same drama. 

And this will go over and over... In the battle for highgarden they could have included other banners from the reach (including Tarly) on the forces that assaulted Highgarden to imply that they had an overwhelming force. (they only showed Tarly banners when they left)

When the waif stabbed Arya on the bridge, did she really need to be stabbed 3 times and with a gut twist? Wouldn't a single stab, keep the same dramatic moment and avoid the stupidity to see her jumping roofs a couple of days later?

The hammer made by Gendry. Look like more a videogame weapon than a real one. If you look at all depictions of Robert Baratheon warhammer (just google it) you will see an example of the real thing used in the middle ages. Wouldn't be much cooler to see the same weapon that has been depicted and associated with Robert?

Viseryial was put it down when the Dragon was a much easier target (one moving and the other stopped). wouldn't be better to show vysirion clearly charging the NK when he used his Javelin?

Instead of making a stupid suicide squad to capture a wigh wouldn't be better if the AoD was testing the defenses of the east watch, than they send a raven an Danny , Jon and whoever they want went there and repeal the first wave (with visirion dying if that was the purpose) and they ending capturing the wigh?

I could go over and over again with some very small things that would have made the storytelling way better. What infuriates me is that I am not a storyteller, is not what I do like this guys. I feel that most high school kids (I have passed my 40s long time ago) could do a better job than me and definitely better than the writers.

17 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Viseryial was put it down when the Dragon was a much easier target (one moving and the other stopped). wouldn't be better to show vysirion clearly charging the NK when he used his Javelin?

Ive seen a lot of comments asking why Viserion not Drogon but for me it makes sense (well, i can excuse it) - Viserion was torching his army whereas Drogon was no immediate threat. Also Drogon was loading up the suicide squad so NK may have thought he had time for both and went for the one barbecuing his soldiers first.

not excited at all, because i know what happens and i don't like it. but i'm looking forward to the scene between Jaime and Brienne that WOTW reported months ago and the argument between Jaime and Cersei from the pics of that same site.

12 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

Ive seen a lot of comments asking why Viserion not Drogon but for me it makes sense (well, i can excuse it) - Viserion was torching his army whereas Drogon was no immediate threat. Also Drogon was loading up the suicide squad so NK may have thought he had time for both and went for the one barbecuing his soldiers first.

Drogon was torching the army of the dead as well, while stationary. He was a stationary blow torch basically.

I'm not looking forward to the dragon pit. I'm tired of Lena and Dinklage (they're great actors, but what they're given to act with is sub-par and just way too repetitive) and I find Kit's and Emilia's story boring too. Can't care any less of a confrontation between Sandor and the Mountain. So, my excitement for KL and dragon pit is 0-1 out of 10. I find the drama at WF faux-drama and not the best plot idea, but it was well acted by mostly Maisie including the fight of Arya-Brienne (not realistic, but very nice choreography), and the dialogue was worked on. So, I'm mostly excited to see this: 6/10. Not interested in half of the end of the epsiode, and only excited for a third of it: so, 3/10.

Makes 1+6+3 = 10/30 and thus overall 3/10

On 8/23/2017 at 9:39 PM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

This is it. Episode 7 of Season 7 the Season Finale.

Biggest budget ever, highest viewership ratings ever.

But somehow I am not excited, I was excited when the season started and for the first half of it, but after episode 6 I was really depressed about it. Now I just want the season to be over so we can move on.

I rate my excitement for episode 7 a  1/10.

I'll say 10/10 for me. I am always excited for anew episode. Hopefully we have some twists that we do not see coming. One can dream

3 minutes ago, syroya said:

What do you mean by that? Curious!

I think that it's likely that Bran will meet

Spoiler

Sam. And we know he is a good healer, and maybe he will help Bran to return to his normal state whilst still being the 3ER.

Also, both of them could work together perfectly in the knowledge department.

I have more trepidation bout this episode than anything else. Alan Taylor made fun of book readers after his awful episode six and looks like the Unsullied are just going to show up this episode based on previews, from literally nowhere. No character development, no timeline, and awful writing - I can't wait!!!!

6 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I think that it's likely that Bran will meet

Hide contents

Sam. And we know he is a good healer, and maybe he will help Bran to return to his normal state whilst still being the 3ER.

Also, both of them could work together perfectly in the knowledge department.

Great idea, but D and D seem to think anything outside of dragons are battles are pretty irrelevant - even though that is where the GRRM story happens.

This is the least excited I have been for GoTs since I first discovered it. I'm sure it's a combination of the insane level of spoilers and poor writing this season that has led me to feel this way.

I just want it to resolve now - I no longer care about any of the characters (I stopped caring after I read the books, to tell the truth) - I want to know how the seasons and magic works in this universe. The show will likely not explain it, or the explanation will be dumb.

On a related note, I'm sick of all big budget cinematic storytelling being crap and no-one knowing how to end stories properly anymore.

10 minutes ago, ummester said:

This is the least excited I have been for GoTs since I first discovered it. I'm sure it's a combination of the insane level of spoilers and poor writing this season that has led me to feel this way.

I just want it to resolve now - I no longer care about any of the characters (I stopped caring after I read the books, to tell the truth) - I want to know how the seasons and magic works in this universe. The show will likely not explain it, or the explanation will be dumb.

On a related note, I'm sick of all big budget cinematic storytelling being crap and no-one knowing how to end stories properly anymore.

Agree, this will be the first time I cancel my HBO subscription. I am sure they won't care, but it is protest of the arrogance of D and D and Alan Taylor. We are not stupid, and we deserve a real story with real writers.

Archived