What is the role of Gendry?

JMMapelwood

6 hours ago, Timm said:

I agree. But she already has her match - to one of the very few men outside her family who has ever treated her with any respect. Yeah, I'm doing it, I'm shipping Tyansa.

And yes, Genrya to of course. But I think he will die. If he does not, he is the true born King of the seven Kingdoms. Would Arya want that? She once said that "that's not me", but people change.

I don't think Gendry will die....the exact opposite, I think he marries someone, possibly Arya and re-establishes his house. It would be a little silly to make Gendry such an important plot point who is sheltered and stashed away for so long and by so many just to have him die for nothing.

Not that it CAN'T happen, I think we all know that it could, but I am becoming a contrarian on the mentality of "everyone dies". No, everyone doesn't die. People were slow to realize that alot of people could die early and have become so scared of it now they think everything is going to die. Then they say, "GRRM said the story's end will be melancholy", as if MELANCHOLY MEANS EVERYONE DIES...:bang:

ANYHOW, lol I think certain individuals, like Gendry for example, will survive because if they don't entire houses are written out. And while that may happen with some of the "lesser" houses we have seen in prequel stories and such, I would be fairly surprised if House Baratheon completely expired at story's end (read the entire line wiped out, not necessarily the Castle at Storm's End or other holdings or things of the house but the actual blood line itself). 

The same, I believe for Tyrion. I am confident Jaime and Cersei die. That leaves Tyrion. That means, he isn't going to die. But I don't think he will come out marrying Sansa. That would mean he has The Rock AND Winterfell at his disposal. And I just can't see that happening. 

Lastly, as far as Gendry being the true born king....:bs: 

• 2 weeks later...

My featherbed is deep and soft,
and there I'll lay you down,
I'll dress you all in yellow silk,
and on your head a crown.
For you shall be my lady love,
and I shall be your lord.
I'll always keep you warm and safe,
and guard you with my sword.
And how she smiled and how she laughed,
the maiden of the tree.