Which are your three favourite and three least favourite characters in GoT?

Danielos

Favorite 3:

1.) Daenerys: Favorite since the beggining through season 7. Captivated by her growth in season 1 from meek damaged girl into fierce Mother of Dragons. The need to know how her story ended led me to pick up the books and joke on me when I got to AFFC and realized wait no Dany in this book no way this can finish in five books crap! 

2.) Tywin: Second favorite character through season 1-4. He is a cruel evil guy but the way he was portrayed by Charles Dance was captivating and a perfect personaification of cynical pragmatism. 

3.) Jon: Didn’t care for him through the first three seasons but became one of my favroites from season 4 onwards. 

Least favorite: 

1.) sand snakes: nuff said

2.) sam and gilly: their story really bored me when they were in scenes by themselves 

3.) Bran: was boring until season 6

Favorites scenes with

ARYA -- I very much liked her in seasons 1 to 4, and still quite like the character in seasons 5-7. She was so a tomboyish, cute, courageous and brave little girl. I did not so much enjoy the "faceless" stuff, though.

JAMIE -- Quite a balanced mixture of honor, heart and tough soldier and being a quite typical Lannister, too.

BRONN -- likeable character, tough, even if only a side-kick

like also Tywin, Olenna, Brienne, Margery, Thormund, Davos

Littlefinger is a mean character but a great role; Varys is a great role and good actor, but the character itself is not very likeable anyway

Least liked scenes with

BRAN -- All this 3-eyed raven stuff is boring and to absurd. Too many scenes without any real action.

THEON -- what a despisable guy. Weak, dumb, unmanly. Many bad scenes. 

PODRICK -- boring, nonsense, could miss completely without loosing anything

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Meera Reeds?

Well, her role is too minor to mention her as favorite or least-liked, I guess. But yes, she plays nice and the character is likeable. Personally, I don't like the whole Bran story too much, though.

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

No one mentions Meera Reeds?

I think there's something mysterious and fascinating in the devotion of this young woman for a cause and a mission that are neither obvious nor rewarding ...

If she wasn't caught up in Bran's storyline, which while very important, has always been something of a snore fest on my part, then sure. 
She's likable, but far from favorite-material imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorites as of the end of season 7:

Alive

-Jaime Lannister:  phenomenal character arc, perhaps the most well developed character in the series in my opinion, additionally the most entertaining chapters in the books

-Sandor Clegane:  again, incredible redemption arc

-Jon Snow:  bastard to lord commander to king, a great underdog story

Dead

-Robert Baratheon:  his insults to Lancel Lannister

-Tywin Lannister:  owned every single scene he was in

-Joffrey Baratheon (Lannister):  you just loved to hate him

Least favorites as of the end of season 7:

Alive

-Daenerys Targaryen:  entitled brat, the only reason she has any meaning as a character is because of those around her (dragons, Jorah, Drogo, etc.), she has earned nothing with her own means

-Sansa Stark:  selfish brat, a very underwhelming story arc

-Missandei:  a seemingly worthless character, the only purpose she has in the show is to list all of Dany's stupid list of titles

Dead

-Tommen Baratheon (Lannister):  a worthless little wimp

-Elaria Sand:  just an unlikable character

-Catelyn Stark:  she made such stupid decisions that eventually resulted in the slaughter of her whole family, unnecessarily hated Jon Snow (it's not his fault he was a child of adultery or so she thought), admittedly she's much worse in the books than in the show

Guest TheRealKingInTheNorth

Favorites:

Robb Stark: What can I say? The first and only KitN in 300 years - I'm not counting the Targ pretender (and I like Jon btw). Just as honorable as his father, prodigy on the battlefield etc. His demise was simply a result of an author who wanted to subvert audience expectations.

Daenerys Targaryen: Just the cocktail of compassion, pragmatism and ruthlessness that Westeros needs to pull it out of its current rut. 

Finally, Sansa, Stannis and Varys all would have made for an appropriate choice here but I'm going to give it to Littlefinger. If only the writers had put more effort into his final season.

Least favorite: There are many characters I just don't care for even if I may not dislike them specifically. No the only answer for me here is Ramsay Bolton. His cruelty is the boring kind that doesn't even register and his death barely provides any catharsis, just the relief that his character is finally gone. Even Joffrey's diabolical antics seem fun in comparison.

Favorites:
- Ned Stark
- Sandor Clegane
- Cersei Lannister

- Honorable mention: Tyrion Lannister, Jon Snow, Ramsay Bolton, Peter Baelish, Joffrey Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Melisandre, Jacqen H'ghar

Least favorites:
- Daenerys Targaryen (worst actor on the show, boring story)

- Sansa Stark (mediocre actor, annoying character)

- Ellaria Martell (overacts, character not believable)

Favourites:
- Shireen Baratheon (just pure goodness, didn't deserve to be killed off in such a convoluted way)
- Joffrey (thanks to Jack Gleeson)
- Ygritte (managed to make even Jon Snow interesting for a time)

Least:
- Euron (comically try-hard "villain", every scene with him is cringe-worthy)
- Ramsay (pretty much the same as Euron but at least his relationship with Roose was interesting)
- Sand Snakes (do I really need to give a reason?)

1 hour ago, Rhollo said:

Favourites:
- Shireen Baratheon (just pure goodness, didn't deserve to be killed off in such a convoluted way)
- Joffrey (thanks to Jack Gleeson)
- Ygritte (managed to make even Jon Snow interesting for a time)

Least:
- Euron (comically try-hard "villain", every scene with him is cringe-worthy)
- Ramsay (pretty much the same as Euron but at least his relationship with Roose was interesting)
- Sand Snakes (do I really need to give a reason?)

Why do you think Shireen was killed in a convuluted way?

seemed they made it super straightforward. Basically Abraham but without the last minute save from God. 

21 hours ago, jcmontea said:

Why do you think Shireen was killed in a convuluted way?

seemed they made it super straightforward. Basically Abraham but without the last minute save from God. 

Because Stannis' motivation was super unclear. Even more so, since the BotB confirmed that he was already within walking distance of winterfell.

So even the already pretty stupid "let's burn my only heir for the off-chance that it pleases the red god enough to influence the weather in our favor (even though I have no reason to believe he even has that power) so we can march on and don't become snowbound" rationale is out of the window.

It was pretty much:
Step 1: burn Shireen
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit !

P.S.: I think Bible stories are generally not a good example for "straighforward". They are pretty horribly structured and need a lot of favourable interpretation to make sense.

Hard decisions.

favs, only the alive ones.

1. jon snow ( there is basically no hate in that guy and only wants the best for his people while still being humble and friendly etc.)

2. Jaime (I really think there is more to him just helping the north, I think he is going to kill the night king, they named him kingslayer too often in the series, I know it refers to aerys, but I think it might forshadow him killing the night king and living up to his nickname kingslayer but now in a positive way.

3. night king (ever since hardhome he really became one on of my favs, and still up to the last season we dont really know anything about him, i like the ice cold look he always gives jon, yes pun intended.)

least, again the alive ones.

1. euron (I just dont find him fitting on the show, the character I mean by that, I hope he dies off quickly in S8)

2. bronn ( always thought he was pretty cool, but he is running out of story really.)

3. arya ( I didnt really like the assassin kind of style they made her follow.)

Archived