Whats the fate of Euron and the Ironborne?

There is one aspect that is in favor to Cersei, is that despite outnumbered on land she has total superiority on see. How do you think Euron will do and how the fleet will be used/destroyed?

One thing that the show did not explore, (and I do not expect that they will do) is that Asha was very popular among the Ironborn before Euron arrives. It is true that she lost the election to Euron, however that doesn't mean that people that voted for him hate her and want her dead. She never betrayed Pike, in fact she negotiated with Dany some autonomy for the island. Euron did not only capture and killed her (which I think it will be fine for the iron born) but he tortured, and brought her on a parade in front of foreigners to appease Cersei, Moreover, his marriage to Cersei would make him not a King, but a Prince Consort, which may not be seen well in the most chauvinist culture in westeros. Does he has the total loyalty of the iron born? (not counting the ones that sided with Asha).

Right now his fleet is unbeatable at the see. How it will be destroyed? Like the battle in Mereen with the Dragons? It one possibility but will definitely will be predictable and somewhat boring.

My take: I think the best way to inspire doubt in his subjects would be to decrease the morale of his soldiers and make them change sides (not all but some of them). How to do that? In order to do that you need to release Asha, because nobody will follow Theon. You also need to inspire some fear and doubt among the iron born.

Thats how I will do it. Pike is small. It was left quite unprotected as the fleet is in Kings landings on the finale. I would wait for an opportunity like that (when they know that the fleet is far from pike) send a Dragon and torch the hell out of it. If possible to also have quick boats going to Pike, plunder and kill and go back to the land (in the same way they used to do against stronger forcers in the reach and lannisport. To send a clear message that if they want to "conquer the world" forget about Pike. I think this could make the iron born turn sides. Remember their way of life is not of conquers, they like to pillage near villages and go back.

8 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

There is one aspect that is in favor to Cersei, is that despite outnumbered on land she has total superiority on see. How do you think Euron will do and how the fleet will be used/destroyed?

One dragon will end Euron's fleet in an hour. His ships are made of wood and cant run away. They would be sitting ducks.

4 hours ago, tugela said:

One dragon will end Euron's fleet in an hour. His ships are made of wood and cant run away. They would be sitting ducks.

Following the logic of the show, the same person that built 1,000 ships (implying that there will be a crew of over 30,000 iron born) could easily built 10 scorpions.

and thats what D&D would do , the simple repetition of the battle at mereen? Thats was one of the questions of the OP.

32 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

Following the logic of the show, the same person that built 1,000 ships (implying that there will be a crew of over 30,000 iron born) could easily built 10 scorpions.

and thats what D&D would do , the simple repetition of the battle at mereen? Thats was one of the questions of the OP.

The accuracy of those against a rapidly moving target would be extremely poor. Actually hitting anything with single shots on a rocking boat deck would involve incredible luck. The dragons however would not have that problem. 

1 hour ago, tugela said:

The accuracy of those against a rapidly moving target would be extremely poor. Actually hitting anything with single shots on a rocking boat deck would involve incredible luck. The dragons however would not have that problem. 

Dynerias already lost a dragon. I dont think she will risk another dragon, except when absolutely nessicary. 

The Iron Bore can rule the waves but they have to eat and resupply.  Dany's forces are landed on the Westeros mainland now. Dany does not need sea power at the moment.

The Iron Bore will undo themselves eventually.  Maybe soon if they take the treasure headed to the Iron Bank. 

The solution is to kill Euron. With Euron dead Asha/Yara becomes the ironborns new ruler and the fleet belongs to her. And then superiority at sea belongs to Dany.

Might have to kill all the mutes aswell , as they are fiercly Euron loyalists.

13 hours ago, Khorkalba said:

I don't think they've hyped Euron up this much just to have Daenerys destroy his entire fleet in one airstrike.

Instead, my prediction would be that the Ironborn will at some point fall victim to the White Walkers and end up as an undead fleet.

I don't think the wights carry the skills and culture they had when they were alive.  I think they are simply puppet drones of the WW. 

13 hours ago, Illiterati said:

I don't think the wights carry the skills and culture they had when they were alive.  I think they are simply puppet drones of the WW. 

We saw them lifting huge chains in a very organised manner, which they then used to pull a dragon out from the water. Whether the WW were in full control or not, it's clear that wights are capable of performing slightly more complex tasks than marching and killing. It's not a stretch to imagine them controlling a ship under the supervision of one WW.

I should clarify that this is only a show prediction. If D&D decide that zombie pirates are cool in the same way that they impulsively wanted a zombie polar bear, I think we'll get zombie pirates. The story of Euron and the Ironborn will likely play out differently in the books.

Yara will survive and honor her pact with Dany.  The Ironborn will stop reaving and take the path towards peaceful coexistence with the mainland.  I think Theon will find a way to defeat Euron.  He has to to do something worthwhile in this story.  Someone in Euron's crew has to be asking themselves if the alliance with Cersei is really a good idea.  All it takes is a few doubters and perhaps Yara and Theon can win them over.  But don't expect anything good to happen without first having a good fight.  A naval battle between Theon and Euron would be awesome.  All Theon need do is find a thousand ships, right.  The only source for that many ships is Braavos, an anti-slavery state who just might thrown in with Theon because he supports the Breaker of Chains.

6 hours ago, TommyJ said:

Im just really curious what Euron's role is going to be in the war with the white walkers!?

Cause that war isnt probably at see, or is it his task to bring every soldier as fast as possible to the wall?

In the show, Euron seems to have 2 roles:

1) Propping up Cersei - There isn't much logic in Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne. It is seemingly well known that she put incest born bastards on the throne (who were both terrible kings) and that she incinerated the rightful queen. But having the world's best naval commander ally with her does make her ability to stay in power more reasonable. He of course has his own ambitions, but the show allowed Cersei, Joffrey, and Ramsay to suck all the air out of the room from other villains.

2) Propping up Theon - Theon needs to complete his redemption arc. This could have been done with him defeating Ramsay, but the show inexplicably has Ramsay easily kill Roose and become the show's central villain. At that point, he's too big for a secondary character like Theon to kill, so Jon and Sansa have to kill him. Euron is Theon's villain to take down, since Cersei belongs to Jaime and the Night King will almost certainly fall to Jon or Bran.

I was expecting show!Euron to end up helping the Night King in some important way, even if only inadvertently. But I realize that's mostly because of book hints that the show has no corresponding equivalents to.

And now it's obvious that the Theon-Euron showdown is happening early next season rather than later, so I think that's all that's left for Euron's story.

(I still want to see the NK wight a kraken, just to see how the Ironborn react to the other side having a real goddamn kraken to their symbolic Greyjoy one. But I don't think it's going to happen.)

With such contrived scripting, Theon will rescue Yara and defeat Eurine.... and Yara will keep her promise to reel in the Reaving Roving and Raping she promised to Daenerys and the Iron Islands will finally become a legitimate part of the 7 kingdoms.  No more uprisings or terrorizing the Stoney Shore.

Archived