WIll Jon have been given a Targaryen name?

NexivRed

Apparently a magazine "accidentally" reported his true name was Jaeharys.  I think that was the Mad King's father? But yeah, not sure if it matters in the big picture... just makes things more interesting for the viewers/readers :)

It's strongly implied that Lyanna whispered his real name to Ned as she was dying, but made him promise that he'd never tell anybody.

3 hours ago, Yukle said:

It's strongly implied that Lyanna whispered his real name to Ned as she was dying, but made him promise that he'd never tell anybody.

I've tried to listen to what she says. This is what I get: "There is a baby. It isn't ours. If Robert finds out, he will kill him." The middle part is not so clear. She could whisper the name, too.

4 minutes ago, Juliet Burke said:

Because if you read Lyanna's lips it looks like she says Aegon.

Because he was raised as Jon Snow , the bastard of Ned Stark. The fact that he is a Targaryen and has another name will not change that. . He is who Ned raised him to be . It is how you are raised that lays the groundwork for who you are. Just because Rhaegar are his dad Jon will not stop seeing himself as Ned's son.

2 hours ago, LordImp said:

Because if you read Lyanna's lips it looks like she says Aegon.

Because he was raised as Jon Snow , the bastard of Ned Stark. The fact that he is a Targaryen and has another name will not change that. . He is who Ned raised him to be . It is how you are raised that lays the groundwork for who you are. Just because Rhaegar are his dad Jon will not stop seeing himself as Ned's son.

I think he will stay Jon Snow as well. It's what his family knows him as. He keeps saying he's not a Stark. I don't think he will consider himself a Targaryen either. 

33 minutes ago, King Jon Snow Stark said:

I think he will stay Jon Snow as well. It's what his family knows him as. He keeps saying he's not a Stark. I don't think he will consider himself a Targaryen either. 

Exactly. Even if he is a trueborn Targ , he will still view himself as Ned's bastard. That's who he has always been.

It looked as though Isaac HW accidentally said Jaehaerys, but since then the article's author has said he took Isaac's comment and added the name from a fan theory he himself read somewhere - good recap of it here: https://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/15/empire-magazine-reveal-jon-snows-birth-name/

But I'd be all good with Jaehaerys :-)  Or Jonno <3 :D

2 hours ago, Optimist said:

It looked as though Isaac HW accidentally said Jaehaerys, but since then the article's author has said he took Isaac's comment and added the name from a fan theory he himself read somewhere - good recap of it here: https://winteriscoming.net/2017/06/15/empire-magazine-reveal-jon-snows-birth-name/

But I'd be all good with Jaehaerys :-)  Or Jonno <3 :D

Jaeharys and Daenerys just sounds so right - it flows from the tongue. And while he can call her Dany, she can call him, Jonno. :D

For example, "Jaeharys and Daenerys sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g," etc.

Producers will think the audience is too dumb to remember Rhaegar already had an Aegon. I belive the really want to set up Jon in a Aegon the conquerer role, so that is what I go for. Also its convenient that they dropped the Faegon storyline, so it would be likely Jon is named Aegon

Archived