Jon bending the knee changing Daenerys potential marriage partner?

norwaywolf123

Spoiler

Jon told Dany that he would bend the knee

Poltical marriages among the nobillity often had the goal of creating or afirming an alliance. Now that Jon has told that he will bend the knee to daenerys, if he goes through with it daenerys could chose to marry him to afirm the alliance. But i dont think that jon would demand anything like it as his main goal is to defeat the nightwalkers, in that way jon is still true to night's watch oath. What other potential spouses are there that could give daenerys a poltical, strategic, economic edge? To me the only ones besides Jon Snow are.

Jaime Lannister

Pros:

- Claim to the titles, priviliges and propertys of house lannister of casterly rock

- Since he is not longer kingsguard he is the rightfull heir of Tywin lannister as males go before women in succesion.

- Is from a background of faith of the seven more connected to the religion of the core of westeros the south. THis makes it easier for the faith and southron lords to accept him

- Could bring the westerlands(and westerlands dominated parts of westeros) into daenerys fold

- Not powerhungry which will give daenerys more room to manuver

Cons:

- killed her father, betraying his kingsguard oath

- Reputation as a sister fucking, oathbreaker

- Rumored to have cuckolded king robert, will potentially be revealed by cersei

Robin Arryn

Pros:

- Is lord paramount of the vale

- Is from a background of faith of the seven more connected to the religion of the core of westeros the south.

Cons:

- Is sickly

Littlefinger

Pros:

- Have significant control over robin arryn

- rich

- Ties to starks of winterfell

Cons:

- Of low birth

Euron Greyjoy

Pros:

- Controls the iron isles

- Has the biggest fleet

- Experienced on sea (raiding, battleing, sailing, navigating)

Cons:

- Follower of the drowned god, makes him unpopular with northmen and southrons. Especially despised by the faith.

Since she's absolutely sure she can't have kids, she might as well marry Randyll Tarly's widow Melessa. Then she can adopt Talia as an heir.

Of course we all know Dany is wrong about her infertility, and she's going to have sex with Jon on Sunday, and even if she rejects his Robb-style morning-after proposal she'll accept in episode 801 when she knows she's pregnant, right?

Jon has the higher birthright than Daenerys for the Iron Throne. While he still lives, Daenerys' claim will always be below his, and she would need to rectify that by either destroying him or fucking him. :P And since she can't continue the line (not without Jon Snow's magical fire-endorsed-sperm) she has no choice than to either marry him or name him her heir.

And since the show is emphasizing the sexual and romantic tension between them, there is only one logical outcome... can you guess what that is?

7 minutes ago, Dawn of Fyre said:

Jon has the higher birthright than Daenerys for the Iron Throne. While he still lives, Daenerys' claim will always be below his, and she would need to rectify that by either destroying him or fucking him. :P And since she can't continue the line (not without Jon Snow's magical fire-endorsed-sperm) she has no choice than to either marry him or name him her heir.

And since the show is emphasizing the sexual and romantic tension between them, there is only one logical outcome... can you guess what that is?

It is not common knowledge that Rhaegar set Elia aside making elias children bastards inorder to marry lyanna. In the eyes of planetos he is just Jon Snow the bastards son of Eddard Stark.

4 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

It is not common knowledge that Rhaegar set Elia aside making elias children bastards inorder to marry lyanna. In the eyes of planetos he is just Jon Snow the bastards son of Eddard Stark.

Ah, but remember! Sam has the hard evidence in his possession. And Gilly will remember Prince Ragger at some point when Rhaegar is brought up. :P That should confirm Bran's vision.

7 minutes ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

Well, Robert married Cersei, and the Lannisters had bent the knee to him. So I see no reason that Dany and Jon can't marry if they wanted to.

But if Jon bends the knee to Daenerys as he told her he would daenerys would be free to marry someone else, i am asking who that other person could be. My guess is on Jaime as the show released him from his kingsguard vows, opening up the possiblitly of a marriage for Jaime. I also think that Daenerys will take the last Cersei holds dear(Jaime) after cersei has a miscarriage.

2 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Yeah, it's either gonna be Jon or no one at this stage.

What about Jaime? He has been dismissed from the kingsguard, freeing him to marry, why would the show writers do that if not for marrying him to someone? Maggys prophecy also foreshadows cersei losing jaime to a younger more beautiful queen.

1 hour ago, greensleeves said:

My bets are on her dying before marrying... or else shortly after. Either way I doubt she'll live long enough to rule. So does it really matter?

Maybe we will get another system of govornance as tyrion hinted in his conversation about what happens after Daenerys die. Maybe a elective monarchy, absolute monarchy or a republic?

Daenerys marrying the man that killed her father and recently tried to kill her? A man almost twice her age?
(Jamie is supposed to be 43 in the show, and Daenerys is supposed to be 22.)
Yeah I'm not seeing that happen, it would be the biggest "WTF!?" ever pulled on Game of Thrones.

I can't really see Jamie very willing to marry Daenerys either, for self-explanatory reasons.

Killing Jamie and then marrying Tyrion (since he would be the heir to Casterly Rock at that point) seems more likely, but I doubt that's going to happen either.

Just now, norwaywolf123 said:

"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opionions of the sheep!"

Tywin Lannister

What is a lion to me, ser? When the Lord of Light shines in the heavens above? Your gods have betrayed you, abandoned you. Mine have thrust a flaming sword into my hand, risen me from the sleep of oblivion to fight the Great Other. Lions and sheep... how inconsequential.

- Why dont you use the quote function? It will make it easier for people to respond to your comments.

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Daenerys marrying the man that killed her father and recently tried to kill her? A man almost twice her age?
(Jamie is supposed to be 43 in the show, and Daenerys is supposed to be 22.)
Yeah I'm not seeing that happen, it would be the biggest "WTF!?" ever pulled on Game of Thrones.

Robb maried Talisa for no reason (from a feudal viewpoint) why not some more madness?

I can't really see Jamie very willing to marry Daenerys either, for self-explanatory reasons.

He will do it for the realm, he knows that daenerys is to strong to resist. Jaime also has experience with stabbing targaryens from the back aswell as proven fertiliy know to the readers and some in planetos who know about the twincest.

Killing Jamie and then marrying Tyrion (since he would be the heir to Casterly Rock at that point) seems more likely, but I doubt that's going to happen either.

Maybe. Still i think the thing we need to be on the look for if Daenerys marries one of the lannister brothers(Jaime & Tyrion) is any traces of targaryen ancestry. A+J might strengthen such a marriage but i hope it is false. Besides Daenerys can love Jon while being married to another, it is not mutually exclusive.

Archived