Minor characters/plots you care in asoiaf

Bloodraven 

Mya Stone

Wylla Manderly 

Dolorous Edd

Penny

Mormont girls

Alys Karstark after she returns home (is she minor enough?)

and as kindly reminded by @Wizz-The-Smith Hugo Wull! :drool:

I am sure there are more to add later...

Darkstar. I knew there were more. 

Great lists!  My cravings to know more are set on:

1) Benjen Stark. His personality and then disappearance got me hooked when first reading the ASoIaF series. I'm also a true crime junkie, and it tickled that spot in my psyche. Maybe it won't be good news, but bugger it-- where is he?

2) Anything-- ANYTHING-- more about Bloodraven. Please. I'll take anything from the pen of GRRM about Brynden Rivers.

3) Any and all of the Mormont women, especially in connection with Robb's will and a possible GNC.

4) Roderik "the Reader" Harlaw.  I don't know if there is more to him, but again, I'll take what I can get. He may simply be a lone voice of reason, but he was so likable yet crusty. I'd love to sit in his library with him.

5) Marwyn the Mage. How could anyone NOT want to know more? Thankfully, I believe we will get more but I can't wait, am counting the days.

Almost forgot!

6) Yes please, anything Dayne. Fascinated, need more!

I would like more information about the legendary heroes who lived during the "Age of Heroes". Bran the Builder for instance, how in the wide world of sports did he manage to be the architect, project manager, and head engineer on site on all of Westeros' most iconic structures? How in the heck was he able to move around so quickly to make sure that The Wall, Storm's End, Winterfell, and Hightower were being constructed to his exact specifications? What materials did he use to ensure that they lasted 8,000+ years?

How about Symeon Star-Eyes? The legendary blind northern warrior hero. How did he know friend from foe? Did he just walk around like a Kung-Fu master and resolve conflicts if his "star sapphire" eyes tingled or something? Plus I want to know in full detail how he managed to see two hellhounds fighting at the Night Fort if he didn't even have eyes!

There were more heroes during this age, but the stories of those two guys really piqued my interests.

Just now, Romaine3 said:

I would like more information about the legendary heroes who lived during the "Age of Heroes". Bran the Builder for instance, how in the wide world of sports did he manage to be the architect, project manager, and head engineer on site on all of Westeros' most iconic structures? How in the heck was he able to move around so quickly to make sure that The Wall, Storm's End, Winterfell, and Hightower were being constructed to his exact specifications? What materials did he use to ensure that they lasted 8,000+ years?

And Storm's End when he was only a boy! 

Just now, Romaine3 said:

How about Symeon Star-Eyes? The legendary blind northern warrior hero. How did he know friend from foe? Did he just walk around like a Kung-Fu master and resolve conflicts if his "star sapphire" eyes tingled or something? Plus I want to know in full detail how he managed to see two hellhounds fighting at the Night Fort if he didn't even have eyes!

There were more heroes during this age, but the stories of those two guys really piqued my interests.

Yeah, I'd like to know a lot more too. And the first Evenstar, the first SotM, and ser Galladon of Morne. :)

Another tidbit of information I'm interested in knowing more details about is the element of time in Planetos. More specifically, I've seen that certain hours of the day have specific names. For example, the darkest hour of the night is known as "The hour of the Wolf"... Is this a House Stark and Long Night reference? Do other hours of the day have special names? If anyone has information I lack regarding this question, please let me know!

32 minutes ago, Romaine3 said:

Another tidbit of information I'm interested in knowing more details about is the element of time in Planetos. More specifically, I've seen that certain hours of the day have specific names. For example, the darkest hour of the night is known as "The hour of the Wolf"... Is this a House Stark and Long Night reference? Do other hours of the day have special names? If anyone has information I lack regarding this question, please let me know!

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Named_hours

12 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Wylla Manderly 

Dolorous Edd

and as kindly reminded by @Wizz-The-Smith Hugo Wull! :drool:

:cheers:  I think Hugo Wull coined the phrase 'The Ned' which is used so often on the forum too. 

And thanks, I will also add.....

Wylla Manderly [and her green hair]  ;)

Dolorous Edd [slightly annoyed I forgot him] 

And thanks @kissdbyfire for reminding me of.....

Nimble Dick [even more annoyed I missed him] I would love to see more of his funny stories.  :)

Just now, Wizz-The-Smith said:

:cheers:  I think Hugo Wull coined the phrase 'The Ned' which is used so often on the forum too. 

And thanks, I will also add.....

Wylla Manderly [and her green hair]  ;)

Dolorous Edd [slightly annoyed I forgot him] 

And thanks @kissdbyfire for reminding me of.....

Nimble Dick [even more annoyed I missed him] I would love to see more of his funny stories.  :)

Nimble Dick! :wub:

For length...

Spoiler

“Dick still refused to believe that Brienne had never heard of Ser Clarence Crabb and his exploits.
“Why would I lie?” she asked him. “Every place has its local heroes. Where I come from, the singers sing of Ser Galladon of Morne, the Perfect Knight.”
Ser Gallawho of What?” He snorted. “Never heard o’ him. Why was he so bloody perfect?”
“Ser Galladon was a champion of such valor that the Maiden herself lost her heart to him. She gave him an enchanted sword as a token of her love. The Just Maid, it was called. No common sword could check her, nor any shield withstand her kiss. Ser Galladon bore the Just Maid proudly, but only thrice did he unsheathe her. He would not use the Maid against a mortal man, for she was so potent as to make any fight unfair.”
Crabb thought that was hilarious. “The Perfect Knight? The Perfect Fool, he sounds like. What’s the point o’ having some magic sword if you don’t bloody well use it?”      

“Honor,” she said. “The point is honor.”
That only made him laugh the louder. “Ser Clarence Crabb would have wiped his hairy arse with your Perfect Knight, m’lady. If they’d ever have met, there’d be one more bloody head sitting on the shelf at the Whispers, you ask me. ‘I should have used the magic sword,’ it’d be saying to all the other heads. ‘I should have used the bloody sword.’”
Brienne could not help but smile. “Perhaps,” she allowed, “but Ser Galladon was no fool. Against a foe eight feet tall mounted on an aurochs, he might well have unsheathed the Just Maid. He used her once to slay a dragon, they say.”
Nimble Dick was unimpressed. “Crackbones fought a dragon too, but he didn’t need no magic sword. He just tied its neck in a knot, so every time it breathed fire it roasted its own arse.

:lol:

But then he dies :crying:

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nimble Dick! :wub:

For length...

Reveal hidden contents

“Dick still refused to believe that Brienne had never heard of Ser Clarence Crabb and his exploits.
“Why would I lie?” she asked him. “Every place has its local heroes. Where I come from, the singers sing of Ser Galladon of Morne, the Perfect Knight.”
Ser Gallawho of What?” He snorted. “Never heard o’ him. Why was he so bloody perfect?”
“Ser Galladon was a champion of such valor that the Maiden herself lost her heart to him. She gave him an enchanted sword as a token of her love. The Just Maid, it was called. No common sword could check her, nor any shield withstand her kiss. Ser Galladon bore the Just Maid proudly, but only thrice did he unsheathe her. He would not use the Maid against a mortal man, for she was so potent as to make any fight unfair.”
Crabb thought that was hilarious. “The Perfect Knight? The Perfect Fool, he sounds like. What’s the point o’ having some magic sword if you don’t bloody well use it?”      

“Honor,” she said. “The point is honor.”
That only made him laugh the louder. “Ser Clarence Crabb would have wiped his hairy arse with your Perfect Knight, m’lady. If they’d ever have met, there’d be one more bloody head sitting on the shelf at the Whispers, you ask me. ‘I should have used the magic sword,’ it’d be saying to all the other heads. ‘I should have used the bloody sword.’”
Brienne could not help but smile. “Perhaps,” she allowed, “but Ser Galladon was no fool. Against a foe eight feet tall mounted on an aurochs, he might well have unsheathed the Just Maid. He used her once to slay a dragon, they say.”
Nimble Dick was unimpressed. “Crackbones fought a dragon too, but he didn’t need no magic sword. He just tied its neck in a knot, so every time it breathed fire it roasted its own arse.

:lol:

But then he dies :crying:

Dammit, forgot he died [doubly annoyed now]  We shall have to hope for Brienne to reminisce over his hilarious tales.   :P  

Sandor, Mance, Bronn, Osha & Brienne, even though Brienne is a PoV for some odd reason I don’t consider her a main character

I’m curious about:

Marwyn, Blackfish, Howland, Bloodraven, Benjen, Satin and the people who were involved with fAegon

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Bloodraven has little page time but he is NOT a minor character! :tantrum:

In ASOIAF history he's not a minor character, he's one of the most important Targaryens to ever live. But...in the books, he's only in two chapters as of ADWD, and I think that's why most people consider him to be a minor character. Dw, no one will consider him a minor character after TWOW. 

Just now, Lya's Winter Rose said:

In ASOIAF history he's not a minor character, he's one of the most important Targaryens to ever live. But...in the books, he's only in two chapters as of ADWD, and I think that's why most people consider him to be a minor character. Dw, no one will consider him a minor character after TWOW. 

Brynden Bloodraven Rivers is also in the Dunk and Egg tales either by mention or by appearance. My inclusion of him on this list means I want more of him in real time story as well. He is my #1 in the story. The only one that bridges the past (D&E), the current, and the future. 

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

@The Fattest Leech, @Clegane'sPup, @Lya's Winter Rose, stop it! Just. Stop. It.

Bloodraven has little page time but he is NOT a minor character! :tantrum:

Don't believe me? Ask @40 Thousand Skeletons

Hahahaaa. Just lost it! Perfect. :lmao:

18 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

The only one that bridges the past (D&E), the current, and the future. 

There is another character who was around for the D&E era and is still going strong in the novels. People always underestimate the living legend himself, Ser Barristan Selmy.

Just now, Lya's Winter Rose said:

What Leechy said. And I was kinda joking b/c I adore Bloodraven. 

<< have a look below above my avi. :)

11 minutes ago, Romaine3 said:

There is another character who was around for the D&E era and is still going strong in the novels. People always underestimate the living legend himself, Ser Barristan Selmy.

I think Barristan came about a generation after D&E... but now that I think about it, we do get the snot nosed future Lord Walder Frey :)

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Brynden Bloodraven Rivers is also in the Dunk and Egg tales either by mention or by appearance. My inclusion of him on this list means I want more of him in real time story as well. He is my #1 in the story. The only one that bridges the past (D&E), the current, and the future. 

Hahahaaa. Just lost it! Perfect. :lmao:

You know me. :rofl:

Archived