Minor characters/plots you care in asoiaf

9 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I think Barristan came about a generation after D&E... but now that I think about it, we do get the snot nosed future Lord Walder Frey :)

Check out Ser Barristan's biography. See who gave him the epithet "The Bold" and look into some of his first tournament championships. It shocked the hell out of me when I found out he defeated Ser Duncan the Tall to win a tournament! But the information on Ser Barristan is all there. He has been a legend since age 10.

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

@The Fattest Leech, @Clegane'sPup, @Lya's Winter Rose, stop it! Just. Stop. It.

Bloodraven has little page time but he is NOT a minor character! :tantrum:

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hahahaaa. Just lost it! Perfect. :lmao:

:eek: 

Okee dokee please dunna get the draws all twisted up. Bloodraven is a main character. :blushing:

:drool: I would love to read how ole thousand and one eye ended up in that CotF cave. :grouphug:

Just now, Clegane'sPup said:

:eek: 

Okee dokee please dunna get the draws all twisted up. Bloodraven is a main character. :blushing:

That's more like it! :D:cheers:

:drool: I would love to read how ole thousand and one eye ended up in that CotF cave. :grouphug:

Me too! I imagine a ranging, BR and some of the Raven's Teeth! 

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That's more like it! :D:cheers:

Me too! I imagine a ranging, BR and some of the Raven's Teeth! 

Arghhhhh, now I’m again wondering how and where The Mance got that raven winged helm and if Coldhands is one of the Raven Teeth.  :bang:

@The Fattest Leech keep looking into Ser Barristan. He defeated Ser Duncan the Tall in a tournament championship when he was 16 I think.

Yes, Duncan the Small gave him the epithet for what he did at age 10!

People say that GRRM likes his heroes young, well for the most part that is true. But Barristan Selmy has been the exception and the example for 50+ years in Westeros. He earned his POV! I hope he continues to kick ass 

Arghhhhh, now I’m again wondering how and where The Mance got that raven winged helm

He explains the black cloak slashed w/ red but never the raven helm, I want to know too!

and if Coldhands is one of the Raven Teeth.  :bang:

YES, I love the idea that he is exactly that. Although sometimes it feels to me like CH is much older than that...

3 hours ago, Romaine3 said:

@The Fattest Leech keep looking into Ser Barristan. He defeated Ser Duncan the Tall in a tournament championship when he was 16 I think.

Yes, Duncan the Small gave him the epithet for what he did at age 10!

People say that GRRM likes his heroes young, well for the most part that is true. But Barristan Selmy has been the exception and the example for 50+ years in Westeros. He earned his POV! I hope he continues to kick ass 

Well, add a nickel to my derp jar for mixing this up. I have an elephant sanctuary to donate to. :lol:

I am relieved to see that Barristan did after all overlap with and meet (or at least, see) Duncan the Tall. Barristan was born 236 or 7, when Duncan seems to still be in his prime, defeating various significant opponents, and defeated him later in life in a tourney when Barristan was sixteen, i.e. in about 252, 7 years before Duncan died at Summerhall.

I have always hoped that Barristan would somehow meet Brienne, as he might see a resemblance to Duncan, and might possibly recognise her shield. Although Duncan wouldn't have been using that in the time period they overlapped, Barristan might remember it from the White Book.

If Barristan dies in the battle of Mereen, this is never going to happen, though. 

• 3 months later...

The characters I want to see more of (if they can count as minor characters):

-Brynden and Edmure Tully

-Roslin and Olyvar Frey

-Jeyne Westerling

-Ned Dayne

-Taena Merryweather

-Septon Meribald, The Elder Brother, and Dog

-Willas and Garlan Tyrell

-Aurane Waters and all the ships he stole

-Wylla Manderly

-Salladhor Saan

-Alayaya and Chataya

-Shireen and Patchface

-Rolland Storm, The Bastard of Nightsong

-Tyrek Lannister

-Mya Stone and Lothor Brune

-Sweetrobin

-Hizdhar zo Loraq and The Green Grace

-Xaro Xhoan Daxos and Quaithe

-Sarella Sand

-Tormund Giantsbane

-Qyburn

-Daario Naharis

Questions I want to see answered (depending on whether they'll turn out to be minor or major plot points):

-Where is Tyrek Lannister?

-Who is the heir to Rosby and will this be significant?

-Is Taena Merryweather an informant for a major player?

-Where is Aurane Waters and the ships he stole?

-Why did Littlefinger want Robert's tapestries so much?

-Did Salladhor Saan betray Davos to Melisandre?

-Will Edmure's child be a girl or a boy?

-Will Ned's bones ever reach Winterfell?

-Why do the Frey's hate the crannogmen so much?

-What did Rhaegar read that convinced him he was Azor Ahai and what made him change his mind later?

-Where is the sword Dawn?

Archived