Promise me, Jon. Promise me! A bittersweet ending prediction

SpaceChampion

Dany is gonna die in a bed of blood, with Jon's child, just as Lyanna died to bring Jon into the world.   The Song begins and ends the same way. 

She'll get him to promise to break the wheel, and he'll do so by instituting a democratic selection of representatives for a constitutional monarchy, with the child as figurehead monarch of Westeros.  If Jon also dies in battle against the Night's King, I picture the final scene as Tyrion sitting on the Iron Throne as Regent, with the child in his lap, as he calls into session the first parliament of the 7 kingdoms.

Dany dying in childbirth is the worst imaginable way her character to go. She's a strong and fierce character, and for her to end up having a passive and slow death in bed that way would be both a tragic and horrible ending. It's worse than Jeor Mormont getting backstabbed by his own brothers.

It's also super boring and predictable, given that both her own and Jons mother died the same way.

If Dany is to die, I really hope she goes out with bang, or in a blaze of glory so to speak.

7 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Dany is gonna die in a bed of blood, with Jon's child, just as Lyanna died to bring Jon into the world.   The Song begins and ends the same way. 

She'll get him to promise to break the wheel, and he'll do so by instituting a democratic selection of representatives for a constitutional monarchy, with the child as figurehead monarch of Westeros.  If Jon also dies in battle against the Night's King, I picture the final scene as Tyrion sitting on the Iron Throne as Regent, with the child in his lap, as he calls into session the first parliament of the 7 kingdoms.

This is part of the famous spoilers for season 8. You read them and now are trying to pass it off as your own theory?

4 hours ago, tormond said:

This is part of the famous spoilers for season 8. You read them and now are trying to pass it off as your own theory?

No.  I wouldn't know what's in the spoilers because I didn't read them and have no desire to ruin the story for myself.

14 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

No.  I wouldn't know what's in the spoilers because I didn't read them and have no desire to ruin the story for myself.

They were fake so you didn't miss anything.

I was on the "Dany will die at childbirth" -camp because her children are such a massive part of her story but once I read how the Yi Ti explain the Long Night it all clicked to me. The story of ice and fire is in a constant loop with the same things happening over and over again. The winter has come many times, the Starks have had a dozen Brans, House Targaryen has had several dooms etc. The story we see now is just one of those loops.

Daenerys will become the Night Queen. Her entire story arc started with her being married to a barbarian - who she ultimatelly loved very much. Khal Drogo was foreshadowing her final marriage to the Night King. And another point that has been made clear is that Daenerys is absolutely brutal to those who hurt her children aka slaves. She has no issue with burning and crucifying slave masters. This is why she is the Maiden-made-of-light in Yi Ti's explanation.

Dany's and Jon's baby will get the Throne and the story ends with the restoration of House Targaryen, just like after Aegon conquered Westeros after the Doom in Valyria. People won't dare to touch the Targs knowing that Dany would return to punish those who hurt her children. But as time goes by, she will become a myth and the Targs will be killed again and the winter returns yet again. The story is in a never-ending loop.

Jon Snow will also become the Night King. That's where his story clearly going but I guess that's for a different thread.

I hope Dany doesn't die in childbirth. Also, Tyrion hinting at a democratic process this season could be foreshadowing for what next season will bring. However, democracy failed in Mereen, so I hope they don't magically show it working in Westeros. 

maybe a parliamentary system? the monarchy still rules, but force the lords to create a new council the votes on laws, and leave it the iron throne to enforce those laws with their unsullied( in my head a see a future legion of the dragon built around the unsullied army model) and dothraki? no more favoritism for the reach and westerlands. the iron isles and north finally have a complete say in realm policies?

14 hours ago, Skills said:

Are they fake though?  Now that we have seen the S7 finale, it seems to line up quite well.  ie, Euron leaving to bring the GC, Cersei betraying everybody, etc. 

Yes, they are 100% fake. So badly written that it shouldn't even be a question imho... The plot for season 7 leaked late last year. That is why we have known for a long time how the season ends. Someone went through a lot of effort to write his fan fiction to troll the community after the news of HBO hack.

15 minutes ago, MakeThemBurn said:

Yes, they are 100% fake. So badly written that it shouldn't even be a question imho... The plot for season 7 leaked late last year. That is why we have known for a long time how the season ends. Someone went through a lot of effort to write his fan fiction to troll the community after the news of HBO hack.

god, i hope they are fake. when i read that dany is supposed to die, giving birth very prematurely to her and jons daughter, i just about cried, nery swore off GoT, and came very close to losing my faith in humanity.

Archived