[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Welcome to the season ending Rant and Rave thread, The Pit of Despair, I mean of Dragons Edition.  This is the thread for complaints on the episode and the season and series.  Let 'er rip with the Rants!! 

Below are notes of thread rules from RAN, board administrator with a link to his post. 

[/Mod]

The topic of the thread is discussing things you dislike about the show. It is not a place to throw insults at one another or to act as if the normal rules of the forum do not apply.

Discussion of why people disliked something is permitted, but remember the topic at hand: this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked. Posts that ignore this will be considered off-topic.

They’re reallllyy trying to push the incest in boatcest with the Jon/Viserys parallels. Jon calls her Dany, and she says, “awwww, my crazy abusive brother used to call me that. How romantic” and then while boinking, Jon’s dad looks just like Viserys. Rhaegar and Viserys look so much alike in the books that Dany couldn’t tell them apart at first in the HOTU vision. Think Rhaegar looking like Viserys was completely intentional.

I have a theory that incest is used in-book to earmark behaviors, thoughts, feelings, or beliefs which work against the fight with the Others/WWs. Basically characters looking inward/playing the game of thrones/prioritizing personal stuff over seeing the big threat. Incest is about as freaky inward– and backward-looking as you can get. Jon/Dany prioritized their own feelings and screwed Westeros by giving the NK a dragon (guess Tyrion was actually right?) and at the same time Jaime said “screw incest” and went to fight the right fight.

Also, Jon/Dany this season really reminds me of REO Speedwagon's Can't Fight This Feeling

the dragonpit scene was just staredowns and Euron acting like a douche for no reason.

it could have been a cool moment for both Cersei and Dany's first meeting. but opportunity wasted
so the King's Guard don't wear white cloaks anymore? They all wear black armour with black cloaks.

Dany and Jon's sex was underwhelming to say the least. I'm thinking they were going for a huge moment but even Grey Worm and Missandei sex was more intense.
Rhaegar and Lyanna could have been better, especially considering their importance.

I forgave the constant fast-forward button this season but at this point it's just poor-writing.  And the "big reveal" is still nonsense.

I can only hope the wait for WoW and ADoS is worth it and GRRM doesn't go with the same drivel.

Fuck this show rn

off the top of my head my complaints for this episode

•Todd Snow being the biggest bitch of all time and pledging his undying loyalty and servitude to Daedpan. Because she's pretty and that's all Todd cares about. Jon died in season 5. Seriously he was so pathetic this episode. What is the reason he's become her love slave now? So much for caring about what the North thinks of him and caring about what's best for his people.  

•Dr. Branhattan waited that long to confront LF? Why? Also for someone who's apparently omniscient how did Sam know stuff he didn't? 

•An entire season without Ghost. Let that sink in. 

•Three minutes of Melisandre the entire season. Another example this show has no idea what to do with secondary characters without Martin's help. 

•Sansa knowing about LF should have been explained beforehand. And happened much sooner. But but muh shock!

•Tyrion is suicidally brave now eh?

•Cock dialogue in beginning was excessive 

•This is a question for everyone: does it strike anyone else as hypocritical that Todd seems somewhat forgiving and tolerantly of a guy who betrayed his family but banishes the woman who brought him back to life for killing someone he didn't know? 

•Of course it was an insane idea to not get rid of Cersei and ask her for an alliance even if temporary. You'd think Tyrion would know this but he's not smart anymore I guess. 

•They made me hate the artist formerly known as Jon Snow. For fucks sake 

•Sure seems stupid for Dany and the gang have just left the Wall so undermanned now eh. But ZOMG ice durgins

So let me get this straight! They changed a major character like Asha's name to Yara because they thought the audience would confuse it with Osha, a relatively minor character that gets killed off, but they decide to give the Jonny boy not only the same name as the well known Aegon the conqueror mentioned several times in the show already, but also the same name as his own half-brother from Elia Martell. Couldn't they have literally named him anything else like I dunno Jonerys Targaryen? At least we can understand how Ned got Jon from that.

12 minutes ago, Heathen Librarian said:

Can someone tell me why more attention was given to Missandei and Greyworm's first sex scene than to Jon and Dany's. I mean, really?

*Knock Knock*

*Intense stare*

*sex*

The fuck was that?

That was.......mercy, LOL

Why the talk of Honest Jon always keeping his word? Wouldn't most of the people there believe him to be an oath breaking deserter? i never bought the died means free excuse, but I get that Jon feels right with it. But that's not knowledge to everyone else.

Littlefinger's death was so predictable and contrived and cheap. The sisters didn't actually have to work for it or resolve their differences. Instead Bran spoon fed the resolution off screen. They sacrifices a coherent narrative for the "surprise", and was anyone actually surprised at that.

I don't get why people don't think Jon and Dany is gross as hell. Jamie and Cersei is bad enough, but at least it's presented as twisted. People are actually clapping about this.

So the wight hunt gave team Dany... nothing. What's Cersei's plan here exactly? How long before they realize team Lannister isn't beside them, marching North? What did this gain Cersei over just saying no, a week? And if she needs the Gold Cloaks to fortify their hold after Dany's entire army has cleared out AND team Dany doesn't know about the gold cloaks, then what did they think they were gaining from this treaty? None of it makes any sense as soon as you scratch the surface.

This is just an opinion, but I hate the self-fulfilling prophesy trope with the dragon. The WW were only actually a threat because they were treated like a threat, thus giving them the opportunity to become a threat. it's perfectly fair story telling, but it doesn't do it for me. Would have preferred to see the WWs have a different way of getting past the wall or having the dragon be a plan B.

Aegon? Really? Grr! And that sex should've been hotter than dragonfire. But like many things this season, rushed and just dumb. This is the lowest I have ever rated a GoT episode. And did they recycle Harold Lloyd or his hair to play Rhaegar? Gods.

14 minutes ago, Heathen Librarian said:

Can someone tell me why more attention was given to Missandei and Greyworm's first sex scene than to Jon and Dany's. I mean, really?

*Knock Knock*

*Intense stare*

*sex*

The fuck was that?

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

That was.......mercy, LOL

Maybe for some, but I was looking forward to that shit:rofl::wub:

1 minute ago, Sand11751 said:

Aegon? Really? Grr! And that sex should've been hotter than dragonfire. But like many things this season, rushed and just dumb. This is the lowest I have ever rated a GoT episode. And did they recycle Harold Lloyd or his hair to play Rhaegar? Gods.

:lol: I too was wondering if that was the same wig

Archived