[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Also I am not sure why Euron had to pretend to be scared to make Daenerys and Jon think he had deserted. It's was just a twist for the sake of a twist, but makes no sense. First of all.. how did they even plan that? Did Cersei really believe the dead were real? I suppose Euron might have seen one, but ignoring that. Cersei said she'd help. So what does it bloody well matter what Euron is doing anyway!?

- So yeah, I guess Arya is fine with everyone knowing she's an assassin/executioner now.  Gonna make it hard to move around when the tale of her just slicing LF's neck open like that gets passed around.  It would have been better politically and socially for LF's execution to be public.  And have Sansa do it considering the first scene her father was in centered around "Who passes the sentence should swing the sword."  Make it messy, have her have to swing a couple times.  Don't make it a comfortable-at-home moment.  This is Game of Thrones, or at least it used to be several seasons back.

Not this "Aw, gotcha!  We're finally going to deal with you LF even though everyone has known this was coming for years.  And you would have gotten away with it if it weren't for us meddling kids!"

- Ser Checkov's Gun is apparently just able to walk and move his sword arm a bit.  

Winterfell plot.  I don't feel like breaking it down in detail.  Just no.  

Rhaegar appearing for all of 5 seconds.  Very lame.  

The Boatsex was pretty disappointing.  I've been looking forward to that for months from the spoilers, but the execution was lackluster.  For one, it lasted like 20 secs total.  Missandei/Grey Worm got like 2+ mins.  They didn't even show their first kiss, which should have been romantic....just warped to them naked in bed.  How do you fuck that up Podeswa?

Leaving the fate of Tormund and Beric unclear also annoyed me.  Either show them dead or show them getting away, don't leave it hanging.  Stannis 2.0.  

On the plus side, I'm actually not feeling very hyped for S8 right now, since I know D&D will fuck it up.  So the fact that it's probably not coming out until 2019 isn't bothering me that much anymore.    

34 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Why the talk of Honest Jon always keeping his word? Wouldn't most of the people there believe him to be an oath breaking deserter? i never bought the died means free excuse, but I get that Jon feels right with it. But that's not knowledge to everyone else.

Littlefinger's death was so predictable and contrived and cheap. The sisters didn't actually have to work for it or resolve their differences. Instead Bran spoon fed the resolution off screen. They sacrifices a coherent narrative for the "surprise", and was anyone actually surprised at that.

I don't get why people don't think Jon and Dany is gross as hell. Jamie and Cersei is bad enough, but at least it's presented as twisted. People are actually clapping about this.

So the wight hunt gave team Dany... nothing. What's Cersei's plan here exactly? How long before they realize team Lannister isn't beside them, marching North? What did this gain Cersei over just saying no, a week? And if she needs the Gold Cloaks to fortify their hold after Dany's entire army has cleared out AND team Dany doesn't know about the gold cloaks, then what did they think they were gaining from this treaty? None of it makes any sense as soon as you scratch the surface.

Dude--it's like season 1 with all the double crossing and unexpected twists!! j/k

25 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

Theon won a fight because he has no balls.

The show has estabilished that after you kill someone you get the right to rule/command therefore the scene was OK.

Is Bran going to repeat some random dialogues in the past to prove things everytime?

Theon fight = Cool Hand Luke fight, but without earning the outcome like Cool Hand Luke did. Just a ripoff, again, without understanding what worked in piece of art they were ripping off.

I also LOVED the hilarious dialogue between Sam and Bran. "I can see everything. Jon is coming north." "You saw that in a vision." Of course not, I got that info in a raven. You moron." HAHAHAHAHAHA!

45 minutes of "Hey, sup dude!"

Torumund/Dondarion dead/not-dead?  who knows--we ain't got time for that, we need exciting shots of people walking around king's landing

Nitpick: KL support a million people?  um no.  Just no.  It may be possible but it always seemed like Westeros was a bit backwards compared to Essos/whatever its called.  Meh, I'm angry so I'll call the bluff.  No way KL has a million people.   Not with all the food they'd have to import.  Old Valaryia?  Maybe.  KL. NO

Bran9000--i can see everything....except that Jon's parent's got married. (Yeah I'm ripping that off of Preston's reviews.  A man has no shame)

Sam: Told my gal to STFU when she revealed an important plot point, now I'm all like "hey guess what Bran9000--you missed something!"

Sansa:  Hey my sister has been weirding my out for a season so KILL LITTLEFINGER.  AWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PLOT TWIST.  Twin peaks this ain't.  Although the nice twist of Arya giving the dagger to sansa last week was nice, this just felt forced.  It had non of the gravity of say in Gladiator when the emperor's captain of the guard refused to lend his sword.  This was just out of left field (even if I knew it was coming.  A man is also a spoiler junkie).

Viseryion's wings are already decaying?  PUH-LEASE.  We get it he's an undead dragon, but now he flies super fast with holes in his wings?  Fire the CGI people.

Cersei in the most bitch move ever betrays everyone in the dumbest way possible.  Let plate littlecreeper for a minute---if the north losses then you face down an increased undead army.  If they win, you just stabbed them in the back during the most important event in centuries and the whole kingdom is gonna know what a douche you are.  A true Tywin would find a way to make HIMSELF the hero of saving the north, Marry Jamie to Dany and then place Emila Clarke in acting school AFTER forcing Jon Snow to take the black again.

Jon always keeps his word---except for that whole Night's Watch thing.  And the cavesex with Yggrite.  And the whole being King to the northern lords. But NOW he finds the truth bone.  Or could have said, "I will not declare for this alliance publicly, but when this is over the North will be pledged to Queen Cardboard"  Yeah Ned hid Jon from Robert--but it was so OBVIOUS he was hiding something.  See also book Rob.  Despoils a man's daughter--marries her because honor.  Show Robb likes the exotic nurse type. /facepalm.

Cersei changes her mind about the army.  What did Tyrion say?  WOulda been cool if he had appealed to the protection of the unborn child, but nooooooo she does a complete 180 off screen.  And what is with Ser Robert Strong "threatening" to kill Jamie.  I think he called that bluff.  What the hell was that even about.  That whole scene was just dumb.   Maybe if the started to fight and then Cersei can't bring herself to kill her luva, but this was just ackward.

Why the hell was Theon even at the meeting?  Does this guy need more screen time or something? Its like "WE need to throw as many chars as we can into this meeting"  And if Jon was going, why does 'the north' n eed representation.  Ok maybe I can buy that they think Jon is in Winterfell, so Sansa sends Brienne.  But this whole Jon doesn't write letters?  How about Davos: "Your grace, I may have a fleabottom accent but I can still write a freakin letter once in a while to keep my Warden informed while I #boatsex"

Cleganebowl weigh in:  He's coming for you.  Who is?  Jesus?  Gretzky?  Epic Movie Voice guy? Could we be more vague?  Lets introduce new subplot with a single line and be as vague as possible.  1 season left we gotta blow open these plots, not ties them all down.

Even the music blew. I remember when I got HBO just to watch the series beyond the book.

CANCEL THAT CRAP NOW.  (espeically if you jerk me for 18 months before resolving.  GRRM is bad, this is as bad).  Why don't you all write a Wild Carde Series while we wait.  Make it about the confederacy while you are at it. 

Holy S**t where's the Tylenol.

13 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Further confirmation that the source material for this show now is 9gag memes.

The first shot I'd have given them.  But after the second... then the third... it became clear they were just milking it for the laughs.  

Sorry for post bombing, but remember when Sara told Aaron that "you're the strongest person I know" right before saying, "I miss him?" I think they meant Rickon. But I laughed at the strongest person thing--because, you know, Sara knows the Hound, Gregor, Brienne, Jaime, and Tormund Giantsbane. But Eddie Munster Aaron Horseface could kill any of them now. I guess.

I'm glad this shitfest is over. GRRM better finish the books if he  wants his story and legacy to mean anything. I know he got a shit load of money but these morons just ruined the story and characters he built over 20+ year. So he better wake up and finish the series if for nothing else but to show how fucking stupid and awful D&D are. RR was based on a lie my arse. If the morons read the books they'd know the war didn't start until Jon Aryn raised his banners, which was well after Lyanna got kidnapped and after Brandon and Rickard got killed and not till Aerys demanded Ned and Robert's heads. But the dumbfucks decide to have RR based on a lie because R and L were in love. 

3 minutes ago, madscientist596 said:

45 minutes of "Hey, sup dude!"

Torumund/Dondarion dead/not-dead?  who knows--we ain't got time for that, we need exciting shots of people walking around king's landing

Nitpick: KL support a million people?  um no.  Just no.  It may be possible but it always seemed like Westeros was a bit backwards compared to Essos/whatever its called.  Meh, I'm angry so I'll call the bluff.  No way KL has a million people.   Not with all the food they'd have to import.  Old Valaryia?  Maybe.  KL. NO

Bran9000--i can see everything....except that Jon's parent's got married. (Yeah I'm ripping that off of Preston's reviews.  A man has no shame)

Sam: Told my gal to STFU when she revealed an important plot point, now I'm all like "hey guess what Bran9000--you missed something!"

Sansa:  Hey my sister has been weirding my out for a season so KILL LITTLEFINGER.  AWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH PLOT TWIST.  Twin peaks this ain't.  Although the nice twist of Arya giving the dagger to sansa last week was nice, this just felt forced.  It had non of the gravity of say in Gladiator when the emperor's captain of the guard refused to lend his sword.  This was just out of left field (even if I knew it was coming.  A man is also a spoiler junkie).

Viseryion's wings are already decaying?  PUH-LEASE.  We get it he's an undead dragon, but now he flies super fast with holes in his wings?  Fire the CGI people.

Cersei in the most bitch move ever betrays everyone in the dumbest way possible.  Let plate littlecreeper for a minute---if the north losses then you face down an increased undead army.  If they win, you just stabbed them in the back during the most important event in centuries and the whole kingdom is gonna know what a douche you are.  A true Tywin would find a way to make HIMSELF the hero of saving the north, Marry Jamie to Dany and then place Emila Clarke in acting school AFTER forcing Jon Snow to take the black again.

Jon always keeps his word---except for that whole Night's Watch thing.  And the cavesex with Yggrite.  And the whole being King to the northern lords. But NOW he finds the truth bone.  Or could have said, "I will not declare for this alliance publicly, but when this is over the North will be pledged to Queen Cardboard"  Yeah Ned hid Jon from Robert--but it was so OBVIOUS he was hiding something.  See also book Rob.  Despoils a man's daughter--marries her because honor.  Show Robb likes the exotic nurse type. /facepalm.

Cersei changes her mind about the army.  What did Tyrion say?  WOulda been cool if he had appealed to the protection of the unborn child, but nooooooo she does a complete 180 off screen.  And what is with Ser Robert Strong "threatening" to kill Jamie.  I think he called that bluff.  What the hell was that even about.  That whole scene was just dumb.   Maybe if the started to fight and then Cersei can't bring herself to kill her luva, but this was just ackward.

Why the hell was Theon even at the meeting?  Does this guy need more screen time or something? Its like "WE need to throw as many chars as we can into this meeting"  And if Jon was going, why does 'the north' n eed representation.  Ok maybe I can buy that they think Jon is in Winterfell, so Sansa sends Brienne.  But this whole Jon doesn't write letters?  How about Davos: "Your grace, I may have a fleabottom accent but I can still write a freakin letter once in a while to keep my Warden informed while I #boatsex"

Cleganebowl weigh in:  He's coming for you.  Who is?  Jesus?  Gretzky?  Epic Movie Voice guy? Could we be more vague?  Lets introduce new subplot with a single line and be as vague as possible.  1 season left we gotta blow open these plots, not ties them all down.

Even the music blew. I remember when I got HBO just to watch the series beyond the book.

CANCEL THAT CRAP NOW.  (espeically if you jerk me for 18 months before resolving.  GRRM is bad, this is as bad).  Why don't you all write a Wild Carde Series while we wait.  Make it about the confederacy while you are at it. 

Holy S**t where's the Tylenol.

Ah I feel so much vindictive pleasure seeing there are other people as mad as I am. Thank you for this post. 

15 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

On the plus side, I'm actually not feeling very hyped for S8 right now, since I know D&D will fuck it up.  So the fact that it's probably not coming out until 2019 isn't bothering me that much anymore.    

But then GRRM will probably hold off on publishing till dumb and dumber release their shitfest. I seriously think GRRM is refusing to complete tWoW so that these morons don't get additional material to own and take credit for.

Just now, teej6 said:

But then GRRM will probably hold off on publishing till dumb and dumber release their shitfest. I seriously think GRRM is refusing to complete tWoW so that these morons don't get additional material to own and take credit for.

If that's the case why doesn't he just help them follow the story like he did in earlier seasons? The show would still be epic then most likely. 

20 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

The Boatsex was pretty disappointing.  I've been looking forward to that for months from the spoilers, but the execution was lackluster.  For one, it lasted like 20 secs total.  Missandei/Grey Worm got like 2+ mins.  They didn't even show their first kiss, which should have been romantic....just warped to them naked in bed.  How do you fuck that up so Podeswa?

Jeez, if you're that desperate for GoT sex just go and search for some adult themed parody movies.

I'm glad they didn't waste more than 20 seconds on it. There was no reason to. The amount they showed was more than enough for the audience to get the message.

3 minutes ago, Snormund said:

If that's the case why doesn't he just help them follow the story like he did in earlier seasons? The show would still be epic then most likely. 

My theory is that George is letting the show explore all the bad ideas, giving him time to rule out plenty of possible plotlines that won't work.

Just now, DominusNovus said:

My theory is that George is letting the show explore all the bad ideas, giving him time to rule out plenty of possible plotlines that won't work.

Eh why would he let the show ruin his work and have it be the story much of the public thinks is canon?

Archived