[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

10 minutes ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

I'm not denying that his name can't be Aegon in the books, I'm just saying that since Aegon is already a well established name for a character, I'm surprised they didn't give him the Yara treatment.

I must have misread you then. Although I would disagree that Aegon is the name of a well-established character. Not in the show anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Hoo said:

I don't know if he betrayed Ned.  His loyalty was not to Ned.  Ned died because he stepped on Cersei's toes.

I don't know how he betrayed Catelyn.

He had to get Sansa out of Vale.  No place to go.

in the end, he did not pin Arya against Sansa.  Arya was acting weird and Ssnss kept expressing concerns about it.

He told Sansa, I don't know your sister, you do! But this is how I think.  And then Sansa went on  to explain Arya is trying to kill her.

Sansa played LF, and murdered him, for some reason only Sansa knows.

It wasn't right.  It was murder.

Clearly we've been watching different shows.  

Re: the complaints about Sansa turning on Littlefinger because of Bran, or whatever reason.  It wasn't that, Littlefinger said that Arya wants to be Lady of Winterfell, and Sansa knows that is the last thing Arya wants. That's what finally clued her in.

To me it's s big wow to blame LF for Ned's death.  He wasn't even on Arya's list.  

The letter was a problem for Sansa against the northerners.  He got the letter as a safety measure but nosy Arya found it and made a big hoopla about if.

He did not do a single thing to pin Arya against Sansa.  

The only reason Sansa killed LF is because she was tired of him.  No other reason.  Sansa has become Cersei.

2 minutes ago, Hoo said:

The only reason Sansa killed LF is because she was tired of him.  No other reason.  Sansa has become Cersei.

Naw, Littlefinger said that Arya wants to kill Sansa and become Lady of Winterfell.  Sansa knows that's an outright lie, designed to set her against Arya.  That's what did for him.

Finally I get to cancel HBO for another year or two after this travesty of a season.

Jon tells Dany "we're f**&ked. If the plot made sense they'd just storm the city.

They might have politely asked the whereabouts of their close all Ellaria Sand. With friends like that who needs enemies.

Cersei calls her banners. What banners could she have since they've lost Casterly Rock and Highgarden and everyone except the Tarlys seemed to plead allegiance to Dany after the last battle.

Since I am a student of medieval history the concept of the secret wedding is the most ridiculous thing imaginable. Rhaegar could have simply dumped Elia and dealt with some political fallout from the Martells and Baratheons and done it up front.

I don't think the next books will be released before the show concludes because hopefully we see a totally different arc including a different father for Jon. I always thought Jon being the new Sword of the Morning and using Dawn to fight the WW would be more true to the history of Westeros than a soppy incestous love story.

2 minutes ago, Padrino said:

Naw, Littlefinger said that Arya wants to kill Sansa and become Lady of Winterfell.  Sansa knows that's an outright lie, designed to set her against Arya.  That's what did for him.

But Sansa said that.  LF just confirmed Ssnsa's words.

He can do that as the advisor.  And Sansa can say to her advisor, I met with Arya and all is good.  But she did not.  She wanted to kill him.

it was a farce for a murder.  And she killed him because she was tired of him, she wanted to kill him.

And Arya executed him because Arya is a killer, she will kill anyone, without any moral judgment.

9 minutes ago, hallapino said:

Jon tells Dany "we're f**&ked. If the plot made sense they'd just storm the city.

If the plot made sense, they would not have gone beyond the wall at all. Varys himself said the wall has hold them back for thousands of years, leave it be. You have got to wonder if this show runners are reading the plot and watching the finished episode and still make sense to them.

1 minute ago, Hoo said:

He can do that as the advisor.  And Sansa can say to her advisor, I met with Arya and all is good.  But she did not.  She wanted to kill him.

it was a farce for a murder.  And she killed him because she was tired of him, she wanted to kill him.

And Arya executed him because Arya is a killer, she will kill anyone, without any moral judgment.

Littlefinger lead her down that path, concluding that Arya wants to be Lady of Winterfell. It doesn't matter about anything else they discussed, she knows Littlefinger wants her to be under the impression that Arya is there to kill her and become Lady of Winterfell.  He could have let her conclude that Arya returned to Winterfell because she's a psycho assassin or a bunch of other reasons that could possibly turn Sansa against her, but he lead her to the one reason she knows not to be true, ie that she wants to be Lady of Winterfell, because he doesn't know that would be the last thing Arya wants, and Sansa knows it.

14 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Are you high? Or just incredibly stupid?

Cmon man.  He led her down the path like she's dumb yet she is smart enough to see through it?

LF was in service to Sansa, her servant and advisor.  She could tell him what to do, order him, and consult with him.  But she played him to kill him, a servant.  And he was not even a threat.

When Cersei killed she killed threats.  This murder is just wild.

Couldn't the show runners just set up a short story of one of the targaryan's dragon going beyond the wall in the long past so we didnt have that ridiculous going beyond the wall plan?. I suppose the show runners main plan was how to keep Cersei in power and dominating and giving one of dany's dragons to the nights king was a  byproduct of their main plan eventhou it didnt make sense.

1 minute ago, Hoo said:

Cmon man.  He led her down the path like she's dumb yet she is smart enough to see through it?

LF was in service to Sansa, her servant and advisor.  She could tell him what to do, order him, and consult with him.  But she played him to kill him, a servant.  And he was not even a threat.

I don't know how to explain this better, but I'll try.  You know how the show has made a big deal of Arya not wanting to be Lady of Winterfell and that her family, including Sansa, know that, right?  Well Littlefinger tried to make Sansa believe that Arya returned to Winterfell to kill her and become Lady of Winterfell, and the only reason he would do that is to set the sisters off against each other.  Just from that lie alone she knows two things, 1) Littlefinger is still deceiving her, and 2) he wants her to kill Arya.  The first reason is no big surprise, and is not a sufficient reason to execute a major ally, but the second reason is Littlefingers undoing.

32 minutes ago, Hoo said:

To me it's s big wow to blame LF for Ned's death.  He wasn't even on Arya's list.  

What does her list have to do with anything?

LF pledged his, and by extension the Goldcloak's, support in dealing with Cersie. 

He betrayed that pledge with a dagger at Ned's throat, which cemented Cersie and Joffrey's claim.  That led, literally, to Ned's execution.  

Come on. What show are you watching that leads you to believe LJ didn't betray Ned?

10 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Servant?  What?  Not a threat?  

Ok, now I'm convinced you're just trolling.  You got me, I admit it.  

Archived