[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

2 minutes ago, Iotun said:

Actually, I had forgotten that Tyrion was the one who sent Myrcella to Dorne... now that I remember it, I have to take my criticism back about the scene, as I feel that Tyrion would definitely feel guilty about her murder given that fact, regardless of him not being directly responsible. Also, remember that Tyrion had the chance to take the black during his trial, but chose to allow Oberyn to champion him, regardless of the fact that he knew his death could endanger Myrcella. Is it fair to Tyrion to blame him? Of course not, but his feelings of guilt now make more sense - and make me wish there had been some conflict between him and the Sand Snakes. Anyway, that actually makes me appreciate the scene between Cercei and Tyrion better now.

I get the guilt of Tyrion but in large, events outside of his control and that he couldn't predict led to Myrcellas death.  I mean in order for Myrcella to die Joffrey had to die, then Tyrion be accused, then everyone team up against Tyrion, then Oberyn actually decide to fight for him, then Oberyn lose, then Doran be betrayed by the Sand Snakes. I don't think anyone would have predicted that whole shift from the books. But again, I can understand why Tyrion feels a little bit guilty.

Oh Game of Thrones.... never change. 
You're now so awful it's hilarious. 
Did you guys guess Cersei wouldn't be a reasonable person? omg... such a surprise. It's almost like the storyline to catch the wight was completely pointless. 
On a rare positive note, Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage work so well together. It's nice to see PD acting again. 
Sandor and Brienne talk about Arya.... but not Sansa. Because screw Sansan and their fans. devil.gif 
Jaime must have read his Feast for Crows storyline because he's finally sick of Cersei. That's only a few seasons too late. 
Oh Winterfell plot. You might have officially been the worse. Were Sansa and Arya legitimately fighting? Was Sansa faking it for Petyr's benefit? Did Bran change her mind at the last minute? We'll never know. 
At least Bran finally gave useful information (aka anything besides how his sister looked the night she was raped) and LITTLEFINGER IS FINALLY DEAD!!! That should have happened at the beginning of Season 6. 
It's also great Sansa (and Arya) learning Littlefinger betrayed their father happened off screen. That wouldn't have been a good scene or anything. 
Kit Harrington and Emilia Clark is where good acting goes to die. Neither one is very good. They have no chemistry and the writing is awful. Of course there's the minor detail it's his aunt. So yay.... more incest. 
Couple of things about Rhaegar. 1) they totally reused Viserys wig. 2) What kind of jackass names both his sons the same name? 
Poor House Martell. crying.gif crying.gif Elia and her children were raped and murdered for absolutely no good reason. (It's almost like they only existed for Oberyn's death scene) 
I'll always be bitter they didn't give Alfie Allen Theon Dance with Dragon's storyline. He could have won an emmy for that. Ned Stark didn't love him like a son so I wish the show would drop that. 
Oh yay, Viserion cracked the wall. noexpression.gif Maybe the Night King will care more about you than Dany ever did. She didn't seem to have a reaction to his death. 

10 minutes ago, ummester said:

The Ironborn thing was dumb - it was like fightclub without a penis :) How did kicking Theon in the nuts (which I suspect he still had and Ramsay just took his cock) suddenly make him cranky enough to win? How did it not hurt him - it's the nuts themselves that hurt when they get hit, not the penis.

Literally laughed at this because Brienne took a punch or two in the groin from the Hound and she screamed like any dude would after being kicked.

1 minute ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

Literally laughed at this because Brienne took a punch or two in the groin from the Hound and she screamed like any dude would after being kicked.

Yea, I guess the show is trying to say that Brienne has bigger nuts than Theon :) I don't know, it's all become so silly, so illogical - it started with such promise also.

Top ultra gripes:

Tyrion character butchered, no good dialogue, makes stupid decisions, sulks all the time :crying:

The whole 'trip beyond the wall to capture a wight' plan ... FUCK THAT SHIT >>> Existed only to have Viserion killed 

Daenerys ... 'Face-palm' :wacko:

Bran's limitless and unexplained abilities, atleast in the book he can only see things through weirwood trees

General shitty shitty cheap dialogue and meme-jokes galore. 9gag should've been credited in the end credits

Jaime drowning and suddenly teleporting to other side of lake ... ha ha

Apparently the NK also has time-distorting abilities because suddenly time doesnt exist and does not flow linearly anymore :ack:

Arya and Sandra story line ... just stop please :bawl:

Agh I just cant. Not even looking forward to next season (I'll watch it still but the thrill of waiting for next season is dead to me)

10 hours ago, Snormund said:

I wonder if Tormund, my pseudo-namesake, is screwed. Probably. 

If anyone is curious I just chose the name because I thought of it and it's funny. Tormund is cool but not one of my faves. I don't think he's boring or sleep inducing either it's just for lols

I named my dog Tormund, so really the only thing about this episode that has me mildly interested is his fate.

I thought the wall had powerful magic built into it to prevent the undead from crossing, but apparently the solution was to spray it with propane 

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

Yea, I guess the show is trying to say that Brienne has bigger nuts than Theon :) I don't know, it's all become so silly, so illogical - it started with such promise also.

Lol true.  Also, Theon hasn't fought in a while I guess but he handled himself fine during the Euron ambush (outside of jumping overboard at the end) but then his attack during that fist fight was to swing wildly and miss everytime. I just wish it could have been an actual fight.  I don't necessarily have a big problem with the Ironborn jumping back into bed with Theon's Yara rescue plan when he wins since the Ironborn follow strength.  It was the same when Theon killed the Ironborn leader at Moat Caillin to get them to surrender but that was under a bit different circumstances (a lot seemed ready to leave and no one wanted to swell up like a balloon after being hit by Reeds people).

8 minutes ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

That was a point I made earlier. The preclusion of a dick and balls would not make getting hit in that area not painful. I don't have either appendage on my back or calf or shoulder, but if a large man were to kick me in those areas, it would still hurt I imagine despite being sans junk in said areas.

1 minute ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

Lol true.  Also, Theon hasn't fought in a while I guess but he handled himself fine during the Euron ambush (outside of jumping overboard at the end) but then his attack during that fist fight was to swing wildly and miss everytime. I just wish it could have been an actual fight.  I don't necessarily have a big problem with the Ironborn jumping back into bed with Theon's Yara rescue plan when he wins since the Ironborn follow strength.  It was the same when Theon killed the Ironborn leader at Moat Caillin to get them to surrender but that was under a bit different circumstances (a lot seemed ready to leave and no one wanted to swell up like a balloon after being hit by Reeds people).

I think they were trying to make the Theon fight like a mini Rocky moment - you know, the underdog comes back and wins the day. But it just seemed silly and didn't need it. Jon's pep talk gave him the forgiveness and courage he needed he should have just walked out and whacked that guy down.

2 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

That was a point I made earlier. The preclusion of a dick and balls would not make getting hit in that area not painful. I don't have either appendage on my back or calf or shoulder, but if a large man were to kick me in those areas, it would still hurt I imagine despite being sans junk in said areas.

Lol exactly. I don't know who wrote that fight scene but I feel like they were just cracking up the entire time at how ridiculous it would be if D&D actually allow it, and they did.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

I think they were trying to make the Theon fight like a mini Rocky moment - you know, the underdog comes back and wins the day. But it just seemed silly and didn't need it. Jon's pep talk gave him the forgiveness and courage he needed he should have just walked out and whacked that guy down.

That was my thinking.  When the Ironborn dude challenged him after his statement, it would have been nice if Theon just pulled the old axe to the head bit and everyone turn sides once again.

Also, could Jamie really not think of anything else to fight for besides gold, women, and family.  I mean idk, maybe power (what this entire series started on) or a belief (literally what the Unsullied fight for).  Are we just trying to get a good laugh here (per usual) or are we just showing that Jamie was setting up to switch from Cersei because of his belief/ideals in keeping his word?

4 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

According to the latest interview with Michelle Clapton, everyone dressing the same is a deliberate choice to highlight the fact they are all on the same side, being still alive.

I know, I :rolleyes::bang: too.

This is why I avoid interviews with people involve with the show. They fist have to explain a lot because they do not do a good enough job showing things through actions and dialogue in the show. Then the reasons are usually dumber then said actions or dialogue.

9 minutes ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

So basically, if Jon just manned the Wall and did nothing, WW wouldn't have passed. Instead, he created the whole mess by babbling about THE WAR AND ONLY WAR for like 3 seasons straight and here we are.

Jon really is the worst. :laugh:

If he had just stayed dead, things would be much better. At the very least, the Night King wouldn't have a Dragon. 

7 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

This is why I avoid interviews with people involve with the show. They fist have to explain a lot because they do not do a good enough job showing things through actions and dialogue in the show. Then the reasons are usually dumber then said actions or dialogue.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how their explanations make the really dumb stuff in the show seem even dumber.

Archived