[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

My question is who the hell decided to plan that sex scene like that

"We should make Dany and Jon have sex and cut to Jon's mom marrying Dany's brother and Bran and Sam saying that Jon is a Targ and thus Dany is his aunt! That'll really make them love it!"

20 minutes ago, Bear42 said:

Tyrion is officially the worst Hand in history and the dumbest character in the show.  He really falls for another Cercei scheme?  He is supposed to be the true intellectual heir to Tywin and he can't seem to see through even the thinnest veil of deceit.

I didn't think about it. Yep, he hasn't done a single smart thing since the beginning of the season. 

23 minutes ago, Bear42 said:

Writers took their love story straight out of Twilight

That would explain so many things!

24 minutes ago, Bear42 said:

"Go on, kill me" trope used twice in the same episode

haha I wrote more or less the same phrase

15 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

so let's try to understand this:

You're overestimating the screenwriters 

35 minutes ago, 3sm1r said:

But let's proceed with order

I almost forgot:

22) the sex scene was maybe the least exciting of the series. They weren't even sweating. And meanwhile Bran was explaining they're relatives... 
23) people discuss about Tyrion's face. I bet one pizza that it means nothing. Completely inconsequential, like Jaime sinking in the water

12 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

I thought the same.  The Mountain is now the same height as Sandor and Sandor's scars are much improved. :dunno:

Maybe Jorah had some leftover restorative cream from his greyscale issue, and he gave it to Sandor. Jorah could be like a new Rodan and Fields representative.

Posting after a loooong time (yes, tired of waiting for the books, at least for now), most has been already said, but still, because Im so frustrated:

Good things first:

1. Jaime found a way out of this wormhole he fell into, even managed to get rid of his evil doppelgänger.

Thats it.

Bad things:

1. Sindragosa, er... Blue Eyed White Dragon, er... what was his name? ... VISERION! Yes, right. So Sin.. Viserion was needed for the wall to come down? How ... nice of them to give the Lich... NIGHTking a dragon just last episode. I really hope this does not happen in the books (even quite sure, as it would be just too much a plot device).

2. Even brilliant actors would have had problems to make the dialogues and scenes work: Almost every dialogue and character interaction in KL seemed forced. Question: Do they have many out-takes because of actors laughing?

3. Dany and Jon... Well... No, I cant even.

4. Jon not telling anyone that he bend the knee? Great, thats make sense, as your parents also did not tell anyone that they got married, i guess? - Wait: So he STILL did not communicate with anyone in the North/Winterfell? Well, now at least Brienne knows, that the KitN is save and alive.

5. Winterfell. Okay, so it was a game. Great. But: For this game to work, someone inside the forth wall has to notice what seems to be going on. Sansa and Arya were doing all those fighting just for us, in most of the scenes they were alone.

6. Someone called him Dr. Branhattan. I join in, the name says everything.

7. Ghost. - No. Im happy with Ghost being away. Rhaegal and Drogon should join him asap, because no animal is save with this autors. They should leave and retire in a warm and calm place with many rabbits and sheep and let the stupid humans fight their wars by themself.

3 hours ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Salladhor Saan is the real father of Cersei's baby.  He'll come back for the big twist/reveal in Season 8.

"I'm not going to rape her.  I'm going to fuck her."

Prophecies always come true in fantasy.

Lord Okra in season 8

"Its good writing, it was foreshadowed seasons ago."

Ughh, say what you want about the previous episode but at least it was entertaining in its own this is crazy way. Did this episode drag for anyone else?

So here's all my rants:

1) The cock speech. The theme of this episode was cocks. Jon's following his cock so bending the knee to Dany. Jaime's finally not listening to his, Theon winning a fight because he doesn't have one.

2) I swear the first half hour was just "fucks", does anyone else seem to think the writers just throw a "fuck" into a line of dialogue and it's somehow meant to make it have gravitas or be funny?

3) "Fuck loyalty" says Brienne. Brienne, whose sword is called Oathkeeper. Come on?!

4) Why didn't Dany just fly in on her dragon and roast Cersei and crew. Why do the writers keep showing us how  nonsensical these scenes are?!

5) I think you bending the knee was stupid but I respect it. Why did everyone keep harping on about Stark's keeping their word and what a great man it made Jon to be truthful. Ned made choices he didn't like, i.e confess to treason, lie to Robert when he thought the outcome would help the greater good. Jon's an idiot and everyone should have been beating him over the head.

6) Tyrion's "I'll go talk to Cersei and hope she doesn't kill me". Why didn't she kill him? Also why did Tyrion goad her? Cersei isn't exactly know for her thinking of the long term. Why is everyone so scared of Cersei? I thought she had no army. Couldn't Dany have taken her army and literally followed Cersei back to the capital and taken her there. Why didn't Qyburn bring the giant crossbow to kill a dragon in the pit. It must have been obvious that Dany would bring one. Why the hell did Cersei not think Dany would roast her?

7)Theon's speech. As others had said it was rubbish. But I laughed at Jon's why are you still standing here then? I dunno coz I have no ships or men, Jon. Also why didn't Dany bargain for Yara's release, they are meant to have been allies right?

7.5) Theon's fight is the GOT writing boiled down to a microcosm. Violence,no subtlety and cliches.

8)Winterfell made no sense. I'm guessing they will now say oh Sansa and Arya were working together all along but literally nothing has shown this. Though Littlefinger blubbering made me laugh as it just came across as lame.

9)Yeah boatsex was stupid and looked stupid. Liked Jorah's goddamn face though when Dany chose to go with Jon by boat. Bless the actors that are still trying to give it their all. Brienne/Jaime meeting was kinda underwhelming.

10) White walkers and wights are the most polite villians ever. Did you see them politely queuing to walk through the wall. Their house motto is : Slow and steady wins the race.

Did enjoy the music this episode for some reason. So there's that.

16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Benioff/Weiss:

"He's the rightful heir to the iron throne. That changes everything... It was about making it clear that this was an information bomb that Jon was heading towards... Just as we're seeing these two people come together, we're hearing the information that will inevitably if not tear them apart, at least cause real problems in their relationship, and she's his aunt. It complicates everything on a political level, on a personal level, and it just takes everything that could have been so neat and kind of perfect for Jon and Dany, and it really muddies the waters."

So, maybe there will be a Dance of Dragons after all. 

15 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

At this point I wouldn't expect Winds from him in 2018 regardless of what the show does.  He just doesn't have it in him to finish this series, I think.  Creatively spent.

Edit; meant "Wouldn't" expect Winds in 2018, not would.     

:(

15 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Even if cut stem and root, getting a kick against the pubic bone can make someone double down just as well. I'm a woman, but once had some stupid slam a chair there when I was a teen. Knocked the breath out of me for several minutes.

But Theon rose harder and stronger! 

11 hours ago, J. Stargaryen said:

What you just described is a precedent. Well, two of them actually. Polygamy - 2, annulment - 0. 

This, from TWOIAF, has some relevance...

It has been said in the years after Daemon Blackfyre proved a traitor that his hatred of Daeron began to grow early. It was Aegon’s desire—not Daemon’s—that he be wed to Rohanne of Tyrosh. Instead, Daemon had developed a passion for Daeron’s sister, young Princess Daenerys. Only two years younger than Daemon, the princess supposedly loved the bastard prince in turn, if the singers can be believed, but neither Aegon IV nor Daeron II were willing to let such feelings rule in matters of state. Aegon saw more profit in a tie to Tyrosh, perhaps because its fleet would be of use if he made another attempt to conquer Dorne.

This seems plausible enough, but a different tale claims that Daemon was not so much opposed to wedding Rohanne as Tyrosh as he was convinced that he could follow in the footsteps of Aegon the Conqueror and Maegor the Cruel and have more than one bride. Aegon might even have promised to indulge him in this (some of Blackfyre’s partisans later claimed this was the case) but Daeron was of a different mind entirely. Not only did Daeron refuse to permit his brother more than one wife, but he also gave Daenerys’s hand to Maron Martell, as part of the bargain to finally unite the Seven Kingdoms with Dorne.

17 hours ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

So let me get this straight! They changed a major character like Asha's name to Yara because they thought the audience would confuse it with Osha, a relatively minor character that gets killed off, but they decide to give the Jonny boy not only the same name as the well known Aegon the conqueror mentioned several times in the show already, but also the same name as his own half-brother from Elia Martell. Couldn't they have literally named him anything else like I dunno Jonerys Targaryen? At least we can understand how Ned got Jon from that.

He named him after Jon Arryn. Someone he considered like a second father. Its not hard to figure out where he got the name Jon from if you know Ned's background.

11 hours ago, Yukle said:

CONVERSATIONS THAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED:

BETWEEN LYANNA AND RHAEGAR

Rhaegar: I'm thinking of Visenya for a girl. Old family name.

Lyanna: How about Aegon for a boy?

Rhaegar: I already have a son called Aegon.

Lyanna: What if he dies?

Rhaegar: Well, I can't imagine how I would ever overcome the grief of that, nor would I function as a human any more, I'd be so overwhelmed with sadness. Naming my next boy Aegon would be a direct blow to my heart, a mortal stab to my emotions that I cannot imagine.

Lyanna: I'll take that as a yes.

BETWEEN LYANNA AND NED

Lyanna: Check it out, I'm dying, but I have a son.

Ned: Let's whisper.

Lyanna: I named him Aegon.

Ned: Agreed, Jahaerys is such a lovely name.

Lyanna: Aegon.

Ned: Maekar? How about Viserys, after his uncle? Daemon? Baelor? Seriously, Rhaegar's son Aegon just died, dear sister.

Lyanna: Promise me you'll name him Aegon.

Ned: Jon it is.

Lyanna: Promise me, Ned.

Ned: I promise...

Ned: ...

Lyanna: [Dies]

Ned: to name him Jon.

:)

4 hours ago, ramla said:

• The show has far too much Deus Ex Machina going on, and its all built up to this episode. The Wall falls because of the dragon that the Knight King Acquired at the last moment really. Without that dragon they would have just marched to the wall and stood there?! What is the fire that the dragon is breathing? Where is the flame coming from? I can understand the reanimating of it. But how does the same body fluids form in a dead body? When the ice lance hits Visarion, it basically bleed flaming fluid everywhere. I assume it hit the gland that produces the flames it spits out. Maybe Im looking too deep and assuming a great deal but it makes no sense. And how does flame of a dead dragon melt the wall? Im positive this doesn't happen in the books,

I was sitting there wondering if Viserion was breathing ice, blue fire or then I started laughing because I thought, maybe it's icefire! Does it burn or does is freeze? Maybe it does the burning type freeze but how could a dragon wight burn a solid ice wall. I'm going with icefire. Makes no sense, but neither does anything else.

Archived