[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

39 minutes ago, Snormund said:

I saw you complaining in the rant and rave thread. You looked beautiful. 

I am almost as beautiful as Melisandre, aren't I?  Well, Jaqen is, with longish reddish hair.  :P  That face, those eyes.  Since this the Rant thread, now seems a good time to rant about that fugly, gods awful acid wash bathrobe they put my guy in for HOW MANY SEASONS???????  Ughhhhhhhhhhh 

8 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

GRRM said several times that his inspiration for ASOIAF was the War of the Roses. Well, apart from Edward IV (who married a commoner, making a real scandal), all the Yorks married their COUSINS at the very least (some were first cousins) . All they needed was a dispensation from the Pope, who was at the time quite busy signing the many royal requests throughout the Christendom.

King Richard III was rumored to have bedded his niece, the daughter of his brother King Edward IV. The rumors were so strong that he was forced to make a humiliating public statement to deny the rumours. His own wife, a cousin once removed, was not even one month in her grave.

It was common among the aristocracy in the middle age until recent times to marry in-house to mantain the privileges, lands, properties and titles.

Incest as forbidden practice, dictated by the Bible, was formally allowed by the Head of the Church with a special dispensation.

Yeah, I know that. You might be right and that's all that is. But I see a definite pattern in the books and now it's stretched to the show in the contrast between Jon/Dany and Jaime/Cersei. Hopefully GRRM will be inspired to finish the series so we can find out for sure.

1 hour ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

i totally knew Jon's targ name was aegon. It is in the second book. Danny sees Rhaegar in a vision at the house of undying. Rhaegar is with a "woman with dark hair" who is holding a baby Rhaegar calls Aegon and says "his is the song of ice and fire." We think that Aegon is Elia's Aegon. But it could be not. Also, I don't think Rhaegar named two sons Aegon. But that's just a theory. 

It's hard to mix the show and books at this point, as the show is very "off the rails", but as for the books, GRRM was asked if the women in that vision with Rhaegar was Elia, and GRRM agreed that it was Elia Martell, which means that it was Rhaegar, Elia and their son Aegon in that vision.  http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/II_511_512_The_Dragon_Has_Three_Heads/ 

The books very clearly tell us that Rhaegar's son with Elia Martell was named Aegon.

It is the show that is trying to tell us that Rhaegar had two son's named Aegon, not the books. Which is weird as fuck, but nothing in the show really makes sense anymore.

15 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Sam - Yo, Bran, 'sup?

Bran - I am the 3 eyed raven, now!

Sam - What does that mean?

Bran - IT MEANS I CAN SEE ALL! I KNOW EVERYTHING! why are you at winterfell?

Sam - I came to help john.

Bran - Why are you in my chamber, then? By the way, after a whole season of not telling anything to any of my sisters, I'll just plain blurt out for you that Jon Snow is actually...Jon Sand! He MUST know.

Sam - No, he is legitimized. I know it because I transcribed it from a maester's diary.

Bran - What...but not only you didn't pay attention to Gilly, but she was reading from the diary itself...does that mean you kept on transcribing the maester's diary after fleeing the citadel?

Sam - .........................no...

<cuts to boatsex>

Bhahahahaha, PERFECT!!  Maybe Sam will send back the transcriptions via raven post?  Nah, I'm sure the internet is connected to Winterhell by now, right?  After all, the Westerosi versions of social media really is keeping everyone informed on all kinds of info.  Well, everyone except Bran, just like a know it all, right, doesn't REALLY know everything til he's told about it and THEN double checks. 

2 hours ago, SuperMario said:

Yep. While we know LF is a piece of shit and deserved to die for multiple seasons, most everyone else in that room had no idea.

This has become a hallmark of the laziness of the show this season. Basically, anything we the audience are assumed to know is just hand waived by characters on screen. The show has no consistency, logic, or depth about what a character should actually know or believe in world.

Other Example:

• The audience knew the wall was coming down, so Jon basically treated it like it didn't exist
  • The audience knows Jon rose from the dead, and believes himself free from the Watch, so no other character questions his apparent oath breaking. In fact they all talk about what a man of his word he is.
  • The audience knows Jon is telling the truth about the WWs so Tyrion and Dany quickly believe him for plot convenience. 
  • The audience knows Cersei is a creator's pet, so nobody questions her reign or allying with her.
  • The audience knows Cersei has plot armor, so everybody acts like it would be difficult to defeat her and stupid to try, when there's logistically and ethically no reason either would be true.
  • The audience knows Tyrion is "smart" so everyone goes along with everything stupid he come up with.
  • The audience knows the show is going to make a ton of money, so nobody does anything reasonable or logical ever

1 hour ago, Chebyshov said:

Charles II of Spain might have words for you.

(wtf did I just read)

Seriously. This is the second clip that's saying incest = doom, the first is from the showrunners ("Just as we're seeing these two people come together, we're hearing the information that will inevitably if not tear them apart, at least cause real problems in their relationship, and she's his aunt") and now this:

The 

11 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

This has become a hallmark of the laziness of the show this season. Basically, anything we the audience are assumed to know is just hand waived by characters on screen. The show has no consistency, logic, or depth about what a character should actually know or believe in world.

Other Example:

• The audience knew the wall was coming down, so Jon basically treated it like it didn't exist
  • The audience knows Jon rose from the dead, and believes himself free from the Watch, so no other character questions his apparent oath breaking. In fact they all talk about what a man of his word he is.
  • The audience knows Jon is telling the truth about the WWs so Tyrion and Dany quickly believe him for plot convenience. 
  • The audience knows Cersei is a creator's pet, so nobody questions her reign or allying with her.
  • The audience knows Cersei has plot armor, so everybody acts like it would be difficult to defeat her and stupid to try, when there's logistically and ethically no reason either would be true.
  • The audience knows Tyrion is "smart" so everyone goes along with everything stupid he come up with.
  • The audience knows the show is going to make a ton of money, so nobody does anything reasonable or logical ever

The Jon coming back to the read one is the biggest offense. In reality no one should believe him, they would all just assume he was injured badly and recovered and is lying about it to get out of his vows.

Because Jon dying was not a large witnessed event, just a few conspirators (who conveniently for Jon) were executed by him.  Everyone in universe should just consider him an oatbreatker and the dead and coming back alive would just be considered a convenient but implausilble excuse to get out of his vows.

49 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I am almost as beautiful as Melisandre, aren't I?  Well, Jaqen is, with longish reddish hair.  :P  That face, those eyes.  Since this the Rant thread, now seems a good time to rant about that fugly, gods awful acid wash bathrobe they put my guy in for HOW MANY SEASONS???????  Ughhhhhhhhhhh 

Lol I take it you feel the same way about Jaqen's actor as I do about Carice Van Houten. :wub:

35 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Other Example:

So true. The Ice Dragon broke the 4th Wall

Thanks for bringing up Charles II, Chebyshov. 

I'll just just leave this for the incest worshippers 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain

"The Spanish branch of the Habsburgroyal family was noted for extreme consanguinity.[4] Well aware that they owed their power to fortunate marriages, they married between themselves to protect their gains. Philip and Mariana were actually uncle and niece; therefore, Charles was not only their son, but was also Mariana's first-cousin and Philip's great-nephew.

Charles was physically and mentally disabled and infertile, possibly due to this massive inbreeding. Due to the deaths of his half brothers, he was the last member of the male Spanish Habsburg line.[5]"

Before I get "but but incest isn't that bad and it doesn't start affecting offspring immediately" or some disgusting excuse, Jon and Dany themselves are already inbred! Especially Dany! She's inbred as fuck. Now you want her to produce an even more inbred dynasty? Sickening 

32 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Seriously. This is the second clip that's saying incest = doom, the first is from the showrunners ("Just as we're seeing these two people come together, we're hearing the information that will inevitably if not tear them apart, at least cause real problems in their relationship, and she's his aunt") and now this:

They don't like it!

How could they?

36 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Other Example:

Yep. Well said! The audience knowing what the show characters somehow know goes along with another horrible aspect the showrunners use - Characters earning it off screen.

The Blackfish retakes Riverrun. The Vale forces get past Moat Cailin in the north. Littlefinger somehow has the note Sansa was forced to write in season 1 to Robb. Jorah is infirmed at Oldtown. Arya hung out at the Twins for a couple weeks pretending to be Walder Frey. I could go on and on. But none of it matters. It all happened off screen, so we are supposed to just go with it just like the characters do.

We the audience knows everything that is happening, so fuck it, might as well make the characters know it too.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They don't like it!

How could they?

You just don't get it. It's so romantic that Todd Snow is going to produce a line of inbred monsters with Daedpan. It's just like a fairy tale! 

/s if it isn't obvious 

omg. I just got it. What the writers should include is that the whole Robert's rebellion and execution of Rickard and Brandon Stark thing couldn't have been becuase Rhaegar and Lyanna were stupid but an accident. It must have gone something like this. The wedding was secret because the annulment had to be secret at first so the rape and kidnapping were just rumors.. Arthur brought his sister Ashara to witness the wedding. Rhaegar then sent her to KL to announce the marriage and to prepare for the celebrations. On the way she realized she had nothing to wear so she decided to drop off at Starfall. Then she realized that she at worn her best dress to Elia and Rhaegar's wedding so that wouldn't do. The dress maker just didn't have enough lace to make the cute little outfit she wanted so he had to send to Myr for more. The dressmaker really wanted the order so he didn't tell her this would take about 10 months.Later Ned happened to show up with Dawn at the same time as the lace courier. When Ned explained that the bride and groom, the fathers of the bride and groom, her brother Arthur the best man and most of the guests were dead well that was bad enough. But then she found out that the courier had brought the wrong color of lace. That put her over the top so she jumped out the window. End of story.   

7 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Yep. Well said! The audience knowing what the show characters somehow know goes along with another horrible aspect the showrunners use - Characters earning it off screen.

The Blackfish retakes Riverrun. The Vale forces get past Moat Cailin in the north. Littlefinger somehow has the note Sansa was forced to write in season 1 to Robb. Jorah is infirmed at Oldtown. Arya hung out at the Twins for a couple weeks pretending to be Walder Frey. I could go on and on. But none of it matters. It all happened off screen, so we are supposed to just go with it just like the characters do.

We the audience knows everything that is happening, so fuck it, might as well make the characters know it too.

I'd like to see Bran's mind healed offscreen

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

and that reminds me....that the superRomance between the two members of the SuperFour team (Jon and Dany, aso known as Jonerys) had their romance offscreen, because I saw nothing onscreen.

According to some posters on here it should be obvious that they're in love because of the way they make eye contact. And no I'm not kidding. Sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Deadpan was trained by Doreah in the art of lovemaking

She needs a refresher course. Maybe she can send Mel a Facebook message. We all know Mel has slept with a lot of guys. 

She could always call up Cersei for tips too. Not only has Cersei slept around a lot she is an expert on fucking ones own close relative. 

Archived