[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

11 hours ago, Yukle said:

Sansa convicted Petyr, in front of a hall of northern lords,

I am afraid you are wrong here. The only Lord to be seen is Lord Royce (apart from Lord Baelish). The rest is: the Maester, Sansa, Arya, Bran. And something like 30 Northern soldiers. Had I been in Littlefinger's place, awaiting Arya's trial, I would have grown very suspicious by the audience...

Not that I missed the Northern Lords, probably one of the three occasions in Season 7, that the Northern Lords should have been assembled. Maybe they would have been interested to know how the whole war started?

Anyway, after the Red Wedding revenge in Episode 1, Arya really had no real occasion to prove what she learned in Braavos. I mean, she tells Sansa several times that she spend time training. So for what?

• Locksmith Training? Ok, she opened Littlefinger's locked room door.
  • Spying on someone in secrecy - ahem, not so well done.
  • Keeping it a secret to be a Faceless Man (and hide the faces well away)? Ahem, not so well done.

But hey:

• Let us go for a real killing! I am sure only the hard training in Braavos enabled Arya to kill Littlefinger so swiftly. How would you expect Sansa to do it so deftly?

9 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

Can we do next season predictions?

I'm going to. So Jon and Dany and an army--whose size is bewildering hard to decipher--show up at Winterfell, and Sam runs up and says, "I need to talk to you!"

Jon warmly smiles with the wisdom of a man who has recently procreated and says, "In good time my friend. Much has to be done."

Sam silently protests!

Around the end of the episode, Sam witnesses an intimate moment between Jon and Dany. A kiss, hand holding, hell, knowing this show, a midthrust "I love you." And he decides, "Can I tell Jon?"

This internal battle goes on for...six episodes. All of Bran and Sam's scenes for the final season are debating whether or not they should tell Jon. Of course, Mr. Creep wants to, and Mr. Takes-Gilly's-Credit doesn't want to hurt his friend.

Just my two cents. Some day, in the dwindling spring, someone will read this post and call it spoilers I suppose, but it's not. It's just so easy to predict at this point. Ask yourself about any storyline: "How can we drag it out longer?" And then play that out in your mind. In every mind you have. Like Littlefinger would have done.

Great

2 hours ago, StepStark said:

But everyone in the show acted as if it was justice served, e.g. some sort of a trial. Because if it wasn't, then Yohn Royce surely had to think this: "Wait a minute, what Sansa's saying now is completely the opposite of what she said in the Vale when she testified that Littlefinger actually saved her!" Isn't that the most logical line of thoughts in his position, regardless of what he feels towards Littlefinger?

And the fact is, Sansa is of course aware that Yohn and others remember her testimony from the Vale. Or she would be, if she was a competently written character. But she isn't, because the authors (D&D) don't know the first thing about competent writing, so naturally her earlier testimony wasn't even addressed, which is all the more stupid because of the fact that her letter to Robb was made into a much bigger deal, or at least that's what we were lead to believe.

Really now, in what universe Sansa's letter to Robb from season one matters, but Sansa's testimony in season 4 doesn't? If anything, her testimony should be more relevant than her letter, because she didn't testify under any threat, unlike the letter which she clearly didn't write just on her own free will.

So yes, the entire scene goes against the logic already established by the show itself in earlier seasons. What I do agree with you is that people actually give too much credit to D&D when they ask about the trial. Nothing even resembling trial ever crossed D&D's minds, that's guaranteed. They have no understanding whatsoever how does a law function in a feudal society, they obviously don't understand the need for a trial. In their incompetence, they think it's enough if Stark kids know the truth, because everybody else then has to too. That's why the writing is so bad: it's doesn't hold under any scrutiny and it wouldn't hold in any even remotely realistic universe.

Yeah, if anything they should have executed Sandra as LF's primary accomplice. Well past any lack of choice on her part, she enabled his nefarious plans. She chose to go along with him, lying for him to the Vale lords and withholding the truth from the Lord of the Vale, covering up for him every step of the way, enabling his plans in the Vale, with the Boltons, and with Winterfell, taking Winterfell with the Vale troops, which as he said to her and to Cersei he intended to do all along anyway. She deliberately withheld the troops from Jon and the North that led to many deaths. She should have been on trial, if there was going to be a trial, which there was not.

And of course never addressed is that LF said flat out on the show he's the one who had Sandra wear the poisoned necklace that killed Joffrey. He also gave Ros to Joffrey, I mean, if they wanted to actually nail him for what he really did, then why not say it all? And since it was a kangaroo court, and could have happened at any point, why not kill him at the beginning of season 6, Robert Arryn sent the troops for her ("she's my cousin") and all they had to do was tell him LF lied and was the one who delivered her to the Boltons instead of taking her to the Fingers (which Bronze Yohn knows he also lied about).

And the slow learner stuff, that was just to cover up that she was his accomplice and more stupid than is necessary to sustain life.

1 hour ago, Neds Secret said:

Well said mate, I have said similar things in other posts myself, but you put it all together nicely, especially with Cersei, it's pointless getting her onside, logically she should not have any power, it was all just contrived to get the Nights King a dragon. Perhaps he is actually skin changing Tyrion and other characters all along to get what he wants when he wants it!

I can see more a more people are starting to see my "The Night King´s Master Plan" theory. Tyrion being in thrall to him since season 1 is a key element.

26 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, if anything they should have executed Sandra as LF's primary accomplice. Well past any lack of choice on her part, she enabled his nefarious plans. She chose to go along with him, lying for him to the Vale lords and withholding the truth from the Lord of the Vale, covering up for him every step of the way, enabling his plans in the Vale, with the Boltons, and with Winterfell, taking Winterfell with the Vale troops, which as he said to her and to Cersei he intended to do all along anyway. She deliberately withheld the troops from Jon and the North that led to many deaths. She should have been on trial, if there was going to be a trial, which there was not.

And of course never addressed is that LF said flat out on the show he's the one who had Sandra wear the poisoned necklace that killed Joffrey. He also gave Ros to Joffrey, I mean, if they wanted to actually nail him for what he really did, then why not say it all? And since it was a kangaroo court, and could have happened at any point, why not kill him at the beginning of season 6, Robert Arryn sent the troops for her ("she's my cousin") and all they had to do was tell him LF lied and was the one who delivered her to the Boltons instead of taking her to the Fingers (which Bronze Yohn knows he also lied about).

And the slow learner stuff, that was just to cover up that she was his accomplice and more stupid than is necessary to sustain life.

Yes, really, come to think of it LF had no purpose at all in the last two seasons. He didn't affect the story in any way, except as commander of Vale forces, but that could've been easily accomplished with Robin. So yes, killing LF at the beginning of season 6 would've been much better.

But who are we kidding. That's not D&D. They still didn't think of unnecessary stupidity they failed to use.

11 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The reason they gave it to Arya was because Sansa took over the Ramsay-killing. In the books those two killings will be switched back to their rightful Starks.

To whoever said LF was beheaded, it would have been better if he had been. As it was the dagger barely touched him. Good thing Arya knows how far in the arteries are.

I was one who talked about Sandra beheading the acting Lord of the Vale.

I said so because to all those not present there, its what its going to look like. And the details if he was trully beheaded or just had his throat open will be lost in translation as soon as they arrive little cousin Arryn :)

I really would like to know what cousin would think about this and how he would react. Even more so because on the series the only interactions we got with him and Sandra were not so great.

59 minutes ago, RSasoiaf said:

I was one who talked about Sandra beheading the acting Lord of the Vale.

I said so because to all those not present there, its what its going to look like. And the details if he was trully beheaded or just had his throat open will be lost in translation as soon as they arrive little cousin Arryn :)

I really would like to know what cousin would think about this and how he would react. Even more so because on the series the only interactions we got with him and Sandra were not so great.

I don't think Sansa has had much practice at beheading.

She'd probably have to keep hacking repeatedly at LF's neck, until his head finally came off.

3 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

I am afraid you are wrong here. The only Lord to be seen is Lord Royce (apart from Lord Baelish). The rest is: the Maester, Sansa, Arya, Bran. And something like 30 Northern soldiers. Had I been in Littlefinger's place, awaiting Arya's trial, I would have grown very suspicious by the audience...

Not that I missed the Northern Lords, probably one of the three occasions in Season 7, that the Northern Lords should have been assembled. Maybe they would have been interested to know how the whole war started?

Anyway, after the Red Wedding revenge in Episode 1, Arya really had no real occasion to prove what she learned in Braavos. I mean, she tells Sansa several times that she spend time training. So for what?

• Locksmith Training? Ok, she opened Littlefinger's locked room door.
  • Spying on someone in secrecy - ahem, not so well done.
  • Keeping it a secret to be a Faceless Man (and hide the faces well away)? Ahem, not so well done.

But hey:

• Let us go for a real killing! I am sure only the hard training in Braavos enabled Arya to kill Littlefinger so swiftly. How would you expect Sansa to do it so deftly?

One of my biggest gripes of the show is HOW IS ARYA A SKILLED FACELESS MAN?!!! The show never showed her being trained. She went to Braavos, cleaned some dead bodies, kept f-ing up, got in trouble/blinded for killing Trant(never showed how she knew how to use the face), got a hit put out on her by the Faceless Men, survived that then supposedly left. Soooooo she was trained to be one of the most highly effective assassins off-screen. That is one of the biggest plot holes in this series. Since season 2, it was hinted at that she would go to Braavos, and she did not do anything (on-screen) to explain how she learned the skills that she knows.

You kinda have to explain how a 5'2' girl can kill a grown man, put on his face then she is his height. So by that theory, if Arya happens to kill a giant and take his face, will she suddenly grow 10ft tall?!! My friends who are show watchers actually believe that she could become a giant by taking his face!!

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

I don't think Sansa has had much practice at beheading.

She'd probably have to keep hacking repeatedly at LF's neck, until his head finally came off.

That would have been an interesting scene and way more dramatic, but I was thinking something else.

Something more like when Joffrey said "Bring me his head!". I think cousin Arryn will picture something like that. But who knows....cousin Arryn is well capable of imagining Sandra beheading someone. If anyone has that ability and imagination, little Arryn is sure one of them.

1 hour ago, HungLikeHodor said:

One of my biggest gripes of the show is HOW IS ARYA A SKILLED FACELESS MAN?!!! The show never showed her being trained. She went to Braavos, cleaned some dead bodies, kept f-ing up, got in trouble/blinded for killing Trant(never showed how she knew how to use the face), got a hit put out on her by the Faceless Men, survived that then supposedly left. Soooooo she was trained to be one of the most highly effective assassins off-screen. That is one of the biggest plot holes in this series. Since season 2, it was hinted at that she would go to Braavos, and she did not do anything (on-screen) to explain how she learned the skills that she knows.

You kinda have to explain how a 5'2' girl can kill a grown man, put on his face then she is his height. So by that theory, if Arya happens to kill a giant and take his face, will she suddenly grow 10ft tall?!! My friends who are show watchers actually believe that she could become a giant by taking his face!!

You forgot the part where she got her first job to kill the actress and failed, and the part where she trained with a stick for a few days. Thats how she became a faceless man, duh

So in this http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/ we find out that the Stark sister conflict was actually real:

It’s clear after Sansa turns the tables on Littlefinger that she has had some sort of conversation with Bran, but we don’t get to see it. When did it take place?
We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, “I need your help,” or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, “Oh, s—.”

:rofl:

It came to me: How is it possible to bring a wight to Kings Landing alive? The show itself established (not the book) that the wights were probably bound to the White Walker who raised them. But practically all such forces diminish over distance, the wight would now be several thousand miles away from his master-White Walker.

And then there is the spells woven in the wall wich do not allow a dead man to pass (R.I.P Benjen). Ok, you might argue he was flown over the wall on the back of a Dragon and thus did not exactly have to pass through the wall.

Nevertheless, I was actually worried about the health of that poor wight, all in the southern sun light of Kings Landing, whilst frost and darkness are the wight's preferred environment (or is it the White Walkers that Need it?).

Well, anyway, Cersei should fire Ser Gregor, his bodyguard abilities are so poor. He did not move an Inch to put himself between Cersei and the wight attacking her. But maybe he was told not to move by D&D, for the sake of a better camera angle on the scene.

Does anyone know from what video is this picture?

https://i2.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ironthrone-tyrion.jpg?fit=475%2C 9999&crop=0%2C0%2C100%2C288px

It's Tyrion sitting on Iron Throne.

In that video Dany comes to Iron Throne, and sees that there's someone sitting there in shadows, and then she's shocked when it's revealed that that person is Tyrion.

Can someone find that video, link please?

Also I saw another video which now I can't find anywhere. It was (probably) in autumn of 2016, I saw it on TV or on Youtube. I remember three scenes out of that video:

1. Jon and Dany in a room with white interior. Stone white walls, floors, table, everything white or light grey. Jon is standing close to stone table, there's a window on his left side. Dany is coming towards him, three steps up. He's saying: "I think we're making a terrible mistake". She's turning her head towards him, and her expression is sceptical or questioning.

2. One warrior in a vast open space (probably on a field). Horde of wights running towards him. The warrior is wearing full body armour, but it's not made from metal, it's covered in rectangular plates, or scales, or quilted. He's holding sword in his right hand. Then he plunges sword into ground, sword emanates wave of energy that dustes wights like bomb explosion.

3. Dragon in a cave is facing towards several White Walkers and Night's King. Dragon is sitting on the ground. It's eyes are yellowish-greeninsh-brownish with golden flecks. It's definitely not Drogon, and not Ice dragon. Night's King is making several menacing steps towards that dragon. Dragon is leaping high up and flying away. That place where they are is something like a dead volcano. When dragon is flying away, above round opening and sky is seen.

Each scene is just a few seconds long.

Does anyone saw this video? Is it real? Maybe trailer of Season 8? Or is it fake made out of some video game - 2nd and 3rd scene. Though first scene from this video is real, with Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke.

Or maybe it was cut scenes.

So, anyone?

Archived