[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

17 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOL  Well, yeah, some interesting ideas but that would require that Jon and the Stark girls have their warging abilities included in the show, right?  I did love that vision of Ghost juggling though.  We don't want to see Ghost the Ds would just kill him. 

True, Ghost may have decided to keep out of sight lest he be a casualty. Perhaps he stopped to grab Nymeria this season and they've both hightailed to a universe where the GOT adaptation was actually good. 

I might... MIGHT actually shell out money for Game of Thrones outtakes, or a skit where people parody the bad writing, teleporting, cock jokes, and so forth. It's like a huge post-modernist event- time to make fun of the grim n' gritty fantasy TV show.

Well, there's already this, the Jon and Dany actors barfing on one of the show clips. I love the honest reactions. And the showrunners approved that video.

"For us as actors, that's just weird. The reality of what they are to each other, I think [barfs] might be the reaction." "I'm like looking at her and going [barfs] oh god, I'm sorry."

You know what's bullshit? That Tyrion doesn't want to kill a fly during a conquest war, but as hand he massacred lots of people and property with the demonic wildfire, and called it being a hero and smart.

It's not tits and dragons (the chicks refuse to get naked anymore, and they are in charge more than DD). It's dragons, zombies, asses (male!) and dicks (a bag of them).

Just forget the direwolves ever existed.

So I'll assume when Pilou says that Euron would make Ramsay look tame he already knows whats in store in Season 8 right? Cause right now he's only managed to endear himself to the audience by killing two of the most annoying and shittest characters on the show and single-handily ending the most dungfested plotline (in a show with plenty of dungfest plotlines) The alleged leaked plotlines from Season 8 doesn't make it seem like he does anything to surpass Ramsay in evilness either....

7 hours ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

So I'll assume when Pilou says that Euron would make Ramsay look tame he already knows whats in store in Season 8 right? Cause right now he's only managed to endear himself to the audience by killing two of the most annoying and shittest characters on the show and single-handily ending the most dungfested plotline (in a show with plenty of dungfest plotlines) The alleged leaked plotlines from Season 8 doesn't make it seem like he does anything to surpass Ramsay in evilness either....

Just like with many other things from the last two books, I think Show!Euron should make people appreciate Book!Euron more. Even though I like what he did to dornish characters as well, that´s for sure. 

It's kinda sad that Tyrion's role in this season seems to be reduced to induce Daenerys to commit mistakes. She could have won the war first day if she had attacked on arrival and torched the Red Keep, burnt the soldiers on the city walls and set the gates on fire, no need to harm KL itself... The Reach and Dorne (Olenna and Ellaria) would have followed her. The North (Jon) would have to bend the knee if he wanted any help against the WW. Either Sansa or Littlefinger would have to make the Vale follow her too, because, what other option do they have? Sansa wants to save the North, and Littlefinger doesn't want to die defending the Vale against the "foreign invaders". Dany could get Edmure to bend the knee easily. The Stormlands are without a leader, and they don't even seem to be trying to resist Cersei, so, why would they make a stand against Dany? We have seen that Dany could easily destroy the Lannister army and take Casterly Rock, so, no problem there...

However, following Tyrion's advice has made her pile mistake on mistake and accumulate losses... I don't even know why she does still keep him around.

People claim that telling her not to go to the Land Beyond the Wall with her dragons was good advice, but Dany will have to do that sooner or later (what is she going to do, keep her dragons in reserve until the WW breach the Wall?), and she didn't know about the NK's ice super-javelin. If something, their mistake was to not get away fast enough...

Just forget the direwolves ever existed.

Yeah, why the hell didn't they take Ghost with them? Ghost could probably have detected the undead army from miles away. Ghost can act as an advanced scout, and even if they don't send him ahead and keep him by Jon, he could probably hear and smell those 100,000 wights a couple days before they even meet them...

22 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Well, there's already this, the Jon and Dany actors barfing on one of the show clips. I love the honest reactions. And the showrunners approved that video.

"For us as actors, that's just weird. The reality of what they are to each other, I think [barfs] might be the reaction." "I'm like looking at her and going [barfs] oh god, I'm sorry."

Thanks! :D Nice to know the actors think it's weird. At least they're getting a chuckle out of it.

7 hours ago, Rhodan said:

Just like with many other things from the last two books, I think Show!Euron should make people appreciate Book!Euron more. Even though I like what he did to dornish characters as well, that´s for sure. 

I agree- BOOK Euron is going to make Show!Ramsey look tame. Hell, he's already there, if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Ser Lepus said:

It's kinda sad that Tyrion's role in this season seems to be reduced to induce Daenerys to commit mistakes. She could have won the war first day if she had attacked on arrival and torched the Red Keep, burnt the soldiers on the city walls and set the gates on fire, no need to harm KL itself... The Reach and Dorne (Olenna and Ellaria) would have followed her. The North (Jon) would have to bend the knee if he wanted any help against the WW. Either Sansa or Littlefinger would have to make the Vale follow her too, because, what other option do they have? Sansa wants to save the North, and Littlefinger doesn't want to die defending the Vale against the "foreign invaders". Dany could get Edmure to bend the knee easily. The Stormlands are without a leader, and they don't even seem to be trying to resist Cersei, so, why would they make a stand against Dany? We have seen that Dany could easily destroy the Lannister army and take Casterly Rock, so, no problem there...

However, following Tyrion's advice has made her pile mistake on mistake and accumulate losses... I don't even know why she does still keep him around.

People claim that telling her not to go to the Land Beyond the Wall with her dragons was good advice, but Dany will have to do that sooner or later (what is she going to do, keep her dragons in reserve until the WW breach the Wall?), and she didn't know about the NK's ice super-javelin. If something, their mistake was to not get away fast enough...

Agreed.  Those were huge mistakes on Tyrion's advice.  That's why she no longer listens to Tyrion.  

Tyrion is a huge fkup if not a traitor.  Dany is really surrounded by fkups now.

18 hours ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

Pilou was full of shit. Dude was just hyping up the season is all.

Euron had the potential to be an all time baddie tho. 

On 9/1/2017 at 4:09 PM, Maid So Fair said:

I don't think it's necessary for Sandra to be manipulated by LF and fall for it for there to be a payoff to his death at her hand. You could easily have a plotline where she is perfectly aware that he's plotting (something) but unable to openly move against him without alienating his Vale allies and therefore losing Jon a chunk of his army. Her conflict with Arya could be an extension of Arya s suggestion to make the defiant lords a head shorter. In public it could even look like Sandra is not able to counter LF. You could then have Sandra triumph by outmanouvering him behind the scenes - when he calls on the Vale lords to really leave they follow Sandra instead. Or have her force him to overplay his hand. This way it's the student becoming the master.

The problem with this scenario is that Sandra has trump cards from the beginning: Littlefinger killing her aunt and selling her to the Boltons. I realize she lied directly to Lord Barrelbelly about the former, but she has excuses: "I was just a girl," and "Lord Baelish frightened me." If he could get to Jeffrey in King's Landing, he could revenge himself upon Sandra in the Vale. 

That, plus if the Vale guy gets all indignant anyway, she can pull out the Ramsey Raped/Terrorized Me card. She went along with Littlefinger, but she didn't know what she was in for. You really going to hold a young woman--Lady Stark (Lannister-Bolton) no less--getting herself raped against her? 

On 9/2/2017 at 4:29 AM, The Boastful Knight said:

GoT, on the other hand, really is just a giant spectacle without any of that. It's good on a purely technical level, and the effects look great and not just for TV at this point. It also has good actors for most parts (sadly Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington are not among them). But that's about it. There is nothing more there if you think about it. If it didn't have this gigantic budget and name recognition, no one would give it the time of day based on the writing alone. 

I agree with just about all of this bit here. Bravo!

They also completely dropped LF's involvement in Joffrey's death, and that he framed Sandra:

LF: You don't want the queen to hear, do you? The gold cloaks are searching for you. And if they found you, how do you think they would punish the girl who murdered the king?

Sansa: I didn't murder anyone.

LF: I know. I know. But you must admit it looks suspicious. The king who executed your father, who tormented you for years, and you fled the scene of his murder...

Sansa: Did you kill Joffrey?

LF: Did I kill Joffrey? I've been in the Vale for weeks.

Sansa: I know it was you.

LF: And who helped me with this conspiracy?

Sansa: Well, there was Ser Dontos. You used him to get me out of King's Landing, but you would never trust him to kill the king.

LF: He wasn't involved in Joffrey's death. But you were. Do you remember that lovely necklace Dontos gave you? I don't suppose you noticed that a stone was missing after the feast.

Sansa: I don't believe you. If they catch you, they'll put your head on a spike just like my father's.

Also that brings us to... where's the visual bookend of seeing LF's head on a spike. Surely that's not too gory for Sandra, who smirks as men are fed to dogs, or Arya, who bakes men in a pie. They don't even follow up on their own story.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 3:27 AM, The Onion Kniggit said:

Euron in the Show is somewhat repulsive, but hardly rivals Ramsay Bolton in terms of depravity (Book Euron is different, but then, Book Ramsay is even worse as well.). 

On 9/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, The Onion Kniggit said:

He not only killed annoying characters, he replaced them cause he himself is an annoyance. The character attempt to be an uncarrying boastful badass comes off as an attention seeker annoyer

How many tits did bran give? Killed the last of the children of the forest..summer..hold the door guy.. Jojen got blown up or something..Meera well she will be spending a few days in bed in a dark with with air supply playing...man bran nice job.

Hi all, long time lurker and recent user. I started a topic, but like Snormund's attempt at 'Can we talk about Jon', it was removed. Are 90% of the mods here D & D fans?

Anyway, the topic was essentially that I think we should have a new Book Snob term; 'Boatsex'. Whenever leaks come out that people react to with 'oh no, that's too stupid for D & D, they're talented emmy-award-winning writers!', and the leaks turn out to be true, I think that such a phenomenon should be dubbed 'boatsex', in honour of the free folk leaks that turned out to be surprisingly accurate and simultaneously laughably stupid.

An example of this:

Honeypotter: Don't you understand? The leaks saying Ghost will have only one scene in Season 8, and he'll die gruesomely and horrifically in them to save Jon, who turns out to be the Prince that was Promised Azor Ahai superhero that'll personally slay the Night King can't be true! D & D are smart, they know that Ghost is a part of Jon, they'd never do something that drastic and stupid unless Jon was going to die too.

Book Snob: Nah, it's boatsex, just like Wolverine Arya, Talisa the Innocent Exotic Field Medic and the Fellowship Beyond the Wall, just wait and see.

What do you guys think?

On 03/09/2017 at 11:49 AM, Ser Lepus said:

Yeah, why the hell didn't they take Ghost with them? Ghost could probably have detected the undead army from miles away. Ghost can act as an advanced scout, and even if they don't send him ahead and keep him by Jon, he could probably hear and smell those 100,000 wights a couple days before they even meet them...

Right from Eastwatch then? :P

Archived