Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Fevre Dream

[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Edward Teach said:

Even some of Tyrion's lines bugged me for some reason, like... "the most important person in the world cannot go to the most dangerous place in the world", couldn't they write it differently?

That was soooo lame...

Tyrion came out as the most brown nosing person in the world.

And he was beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Low Sparrow said:

Good question. WHERE are the tits people keep talking about? And the actress who plays Dany announced she wouldn't do any more nude scenes after Season 2. Her acting range seems to be stuck between "I'm experiencing intestinal discomfort" and "I'm experiencing severe intestinal discomfort." At least, without clothes, we didn't notice her limited range of emoting too much. ^_^

Speaking of porn, those old porn's of the seventies had more character development than the past few seasons of Game of Thrones.

 

Dany was nude after Season Two, though. Very nude. 

I agree with the conspicuous lack of tits lately. I'd say it's because the show has no leftover time, just as it has no time to make the plot make sense. Nor to write plots that make sense. (Those are two separate issues, I assure you.)

But they had time for Cheryl-Larry, Miss Sandy-Greyworm, and Todd-Dany sex. Not much time for Todd and Dany, though. And in that situation they chose Todd's butt over Dany's anything. Like how they pretend they must make a choice between dragons and Ghost. 

We briefly saw Cheryl's body, but somehow I don't think it was Lena Headey's. That leaves us with Miss Sandy's as the only significant tits of the year. In an utterly insignificant scene. 

The Red Witch didn't even flash anyone for no reason! I don't think the Spider would be interested, but why not just for old time's sake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

She was actually good in the first season.  Not Bette Davis, but good.  I find it so strange that her performance has declined every year, and she is even 'almost good' once in a while now.  I would put it down to poor dialogue and direction, except that she was terrible in Terminator and Breakfast at Tiffany's....haven't seen any of her other stuff...

Is it a coincidence that she was better in a season where at first she didn't talk much, had to be naive and awkward, then had most of her dialogue in another language?

Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Maybe.  I thought Dinklage was more engaged this year, I said last year he was phoning it in, but I thought his performance was better this year, not that he's ever been bad.  The only people I could say have been bad are Kit and Emilia, LOL.  I do find sometimes Sophie's choices are inexplicable to me.  And Gillen's accent morphing all over the place was bad. But acting has always been a strong point for the show. 

Speaking of accents, is it me or is NCW getting less English and more...whatever he actually is, lately? Possibly because Jaime's character has been reduced to saying nothing but "Yes, ma'am" to his sister. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I have to say I rewatched part of the finale, and Lena has become so predictable, I've been seeing the same facial tics, same monotone, same everything for years.  She is really overrrated at this point.  

It could be simply that she stands out from a cast that is either not trying very hard or portraying characters so poorly written that Sir John Gielgud couldn't put the meaning across. 

I don't know about the technical aspects of her acting, but aside from the Hound and occasionally Theon/Reek, hers is the only performance with significant feeling for me. And that's not because she's written better. I don't like the way she's written. That's aside from the utter unreality of her being alive let alone queen. She's written too often like a sassy sitcom character or a dragqueen or something, I don't know.

It may be because her character is the only one written with any passion. She plays it with an passion, which is captivating. At least relative to every other character, which for convenience's sake I'll collectively name Captain Downer.

Speaking of captains, Cap'n Jack Sparrow has passion, but he doesn't count because he's actually starring in a cartoon. Beric has passion, and literally a fire within, but he consists of exposition and sound bites. Sam has passion, maybe, for like two scenes a year. But now I'm scraping the barrel. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I've been trying to think of what they could have done to improve the WF story this season, but I haven't come up with much.  If there had been a couple of secondary Northern lords that he might conspire with, that would have been a possibility.  But for any of it to have meaning it has to make Sansa fall for his manipulations, yet again....which is why I think they chose the really strange chopped up, talking at each other, scenes...that and of course, it was all for the audience to make them think that Sansa was going to have her sister executed on some trumped up charge...cause Arya has committed no treason, especially compared to her sister, LOL.

Two nitpicks.  Tyrion claims his sister tired to kill him TWICE, but the show established that one of those times it was Joff.  I guess he forgot.  Secondly, Dany says 'the witch who killed my husband' but ahem, she killed her husband, sure it was a mercy killing but MMD didn't kill Drogo.  

So hard to keep it all straight.  Cough Cough.

I posted in the General R&R thread a suggestion by someone on reddit that would have much improved the WF storyline.

Here's a quick recap.

1. Have Jon's decision to bend the knee to Dany be the cause of unrest among the Northern Lords.

2. Have Sansa trying to hold them together and LF whisper that she needs to take over for herself as the only way to keep the North united and keep the Stark rule over the North.

3. Have Sansa play along with LF and Arya catches wind of this plot of a coup against Jon. Thus creating real tension between the sisters.

4. Have Sansa in the end turn it on LF in the finale and keep the North united behind Jon.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I have to say I rewatched part of the finale, and Lena has become so predictable, I've been seeing the same facial tics, same monotone, same everything for years.  She is really overrrated at this point.  

Have you considered that consistency in her portrayal is on purpose?  

People ive known don't completely change from year to year without significant reason.  Same walks, same way of speaking, mannerisms and ticks. 

Complaining that she is consistent is the height of nitpicking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

1. Have Jon's decision to bend the knee to Dany be the cause of unrest among the Northern Lords.

2. Have Sansa trying to hold them together and LF whisper that she needs to take over for herself as the only way to keep the North united and keep the Stark rule over the North.

3. Have Sansa play along with LF and Arya catches wind of this plot of a coup against Jon. Thus creating real tension between the sisters.

4. Have Sansa in the end turn it on LF in the finale and keep the North united behind Jon.

Well done. I like it.

1. could be an opportunity for good dialogues for "tiers" characters like Manderly, Glover, Cerwin, etc…

2. Sandra :P might be supported by Lyanna Mormont… or not…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Have you considered that consistency in her portrayal is on purpose?  

People ive known don't completely change from year to year without significant reason.  Same walks, same way of speaking, mannerisms and ticks. 

Complaining that she is consistent is the height of nitpicking. 

Let me put it another way.  Her acting is worse from Season 5 onward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's necessary for Sandra to be manipulated by LF and fall for it for there to be a payoff to his death at her hand. You could easily have a plotline where she is perfectly aware that he's plotting (something) but unable to openly move against him without alienating his Vale allies and therefore losing Jon a chunk of his army. Her conflict with Arya could be an extension of Arya s suggestion to make the defiant lords a head shorter. In public it could even look like Sandra is not able to counter LF. You could then have Sandra triumph by outmanouvering him behind the scenes - when he calls on the Vale lords to really leave they follow Sandra instead. Or have her force him to overplay his hand. This way it's the student becoming the master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darmody said:

Dany was nude after Season Two, though. Very nude. 

I agree with the conspicuous lack of tits lately. I'd say it's because the show has no leftover time, just as it has no time to make the plot make sense. Nor to write plots that make sense. (Those are two separate issues, I assure you.)

But they had time for Cheryl-Larry, Miss Sandy-Greyworm, and Todd-Dany sex. Not much time for Todd and Dany, though. And in that situation they chose Todd's butt over Dany's anything. Like how they pretend they must make a choice between dragons and Ghost. 

We briefly saw Cheryl's body, but somehow I don't think it was Lena Headey's. That leaves us with Miss Sandy's as the only significant tits of the year. In an utterly insignificant scene. 

The Red Witch didn't even flash anyone for no reason! I don't think the Spider would be interested, but why not just for old time's sake?

I'm always down to see Carice's tits (she has absolutely no problem showing them unlike Headley and Clarke.  Hers are better than theirs too :P )but I think that isn't happening anymore, sadly. 

 

The showrunners have zero zero clue what to do with her or Davos since they killed Stan. That's why they had Jon banish her imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, on the absence of Ghost, I thought of a great (well, bare-bones minimum) way he could included- Jon leaves him at Winterfell so Sansa has someone he trusts implicitly to protect her. Bonus- Jon can warg Ghost, having been dead and stuff- so he can listen through Ghost to Sansa updating him on Winterfell goings-on. ("nothing is happening...." "still, nothing is happening...") Imagine Sansa going to talk to Ghost in secret lest others think she's lost her mind. heck imagine Jon trying to use Ghost in charades to relay info to Sansa (he learns how to juggle!)

Heck, it would be worth it to see Arya and Bran showing up and then reuniting with Jon through Ghost, and yet sad because he's still far away from them. (Oh, wait, he has teleport powers.... poignancy gone!)

Bonus if Ghost decides Littlefinger needs to die. CHOMP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darmody said:

Dany was nude after Season Two, though. Very nude. 

I agree with the conspicuous lack of tits lately. I'd say it's because the show has no leftover time, just as it has no time to make the plot make sense. Nor to write plots that make sense. (Those are two separate issues, I assure you.)

But they had time for Cheryl-Larry, Miss Sandy-Greyworm, and Todd-Dany sex. Not much time for Todd and Dany, though. And in that situation they chose Todd's butt over Dany's anything. Like how they pretend they must make a choice between dragons and Ghost. 

We briefly saw Cheryl's body, but somehow I don't think it was Lena Headey's. That leaves us with Miss Sandy's as the only significant tits of the year. In an utterly insignificant scene. 

The Red Witch didn't even flash anyone for no reason! I don't think the Spider would be interested, but why not just for old time's sake?

Have we seen much of Mel's tits, or anything else, after that OLD peek at her in the mirror?  I guess I'd have to give it some thought, and a scene hunt (as with s 5 and 6, I've barely watched those seasons one time)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Liver and Onions said:

So, on the absence of Ghost, I thought of a great (well, bare-bones minimum) way he could included- Jon leaves him at Winterfell so Sansa has someone he trusts implicitly to protect her. Bonus- Jon can warg Ghost, having been dead and stuff- so he can listen through Ghost to Sansa updating him on Winterfell goings-on. ("nothing is happening...." "still, nothing is happening...") Imagine Sansa going to talk to Ghost in secret lest others think she's lost her mind. heck imagine Jon trying to use Ghost in charades to relay info to Sansa (he learns how to juggle!)

Heck, it would be worth it to see Arya and Bran showing up and then reuniting with Jon through Ghost, and yet sad because he's still far away from them. (Oh, wait, he has teleport powers.... poignancy gone!)

Bonus if Ghost decides Littlefinger needs to die. CHOMP.

LOLOL  Well, yeah, some interesting ideas but that would require that Jon and the Stark girls have their warging abilities included in the show, right?  I did love that vision of Ghost juggling though.  We don't want to see Ghost the Ds would just kill him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Have we seen much of Mel's tits, or anything else, after that OLD peek at her in the mirror?  I guess I'd have to give it some thought, and a scene hunt (as with s 5 and 6, I've barely watched those seasons one time)  

Mel has taken a vow of celibacy after getting banished because she was still planning on fucking Jon and is depressed Davos ruined that for her  

 

Maybe she'll read the script for S7 and realize Jon has become Todd and all she has to do now is treat him like shit while "making eyes" at him and he'll become her love slave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Low Sparrow said:

 

Speaking of porn, those old porn's of the seventies had more character development than the past few seasons of Game of Thrones.

 

Exactly! I don't wanna veer too much off topic, but it's so true. Those movies were still made like movies, including the camera work, the directing and the acting. They just had sex scenes. But they also had actual characters and conflicts with somewhat logical conclusions (I say somewhat because really, how many times you can realistically end a conflict with sex :D ) etc. Nothing spectacular of course, but they had those things. GoT, on the other hand, really is just a giant spectacle without any of that. It's good on a purely technical level, and the effects look great and not just for TV at this point. It also has good actors for most parts (sadly Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington are not among them). But that's about it. There is nothing more there if you think about it. If it didn't have this gigantic budget and name recognition, no one would give it the time of day based on the writing alone. 

It's ironic that in the beginning, when GoT was multitudes better (still not perfect, but better than this travesty) but not nearly as popular as now, people criticized it for being "porn with dragons" or something like that. At the time, I strongly disagreed with that, because the show was actually watchable and still to this day, like I said in my earlier post, I don't get the "too much sex and nudity" argument. Has anyone watched Spartacus??? Now THAT shames GoT in that department in its first episode but no one really ever complained about it. It really was full-blown softcore porn, while GoT at its "worst" had explicit sex scenes. But now we can say real pornos made in the 70's have better storytelling than GoT. So really at the moment the criticism should be "not even porn with dragons", because even some porn films have better writing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Ha ha ha! Exploring meaningful connections between people is the focus in a good show. This show puts that off screen, and focuses on nonsensical/cheap twists and shock.

And the best damn Cock jokes that $100 million can buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

I have to say I rewatched part of the finale, and Lena has become so predictable, I've been seeing the same facial tics, same monotone, same everything for years.  She is really overrrated at this point.  

When wasn't she? Apart from few early scenes in season one (the Trident "trial"), Lena has been overacting from the beginning. She also doesn't have any range, if you look at her scenes in the last two seasons it seems as if she's in the same mental mode all the time. In earlier seasons, before she took all the power and while she still had scenes in which she was supposed to be submissive or frightened, she was terrible in each of them. And not to mention her teeth which are more frequently squeezed than Stannis' in the books. Her understated, in-the-middle-of-the-breath voice, worked only when she was mocking people (usually Tyrion), but she's not talented enough to recognize that it ins't helpful in other scenes. And since she's been D&D favorite from day one, and even influenced their writing, and can even command who's to be on set at what time and who can't (Jerome Flynn), I can't really blame the writers for her performance.

20 hours ago, 3sm1r said:

Clarke was even worse in seasons in which nobody had anything to complain about the writing.

There was no such season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Have you considered that consistency in her portrayal is on purpose?  

People ive known don't completely change from year to year without significant reason.  Same walks, same way of speaking, mannerisms and ticks. 

Complaining that she is consistent is the height of nitpicking. 

There is a difference between consistence and monotone. Lena is the later. She's "consistent" in a way bad actors usually are - because they aren't capable of doing things differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×