[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

1 hour ago, Jon and Dany Targaryen said:

It disturbs me that Cersei does not recognize HER hand in all of her childrens' deaths. EVERY SINGLE one of them! The first act in murdering her husband... then pinning the death of that son on Tyrion, Providing an army for the sparrows... and then blowing up the sept. It's all her doing.

WHAT??  I COULDN'T QUITE HEAR YOU?

LOL  Now, I can't find the correct font size, HA

It does kind of surprise me that Show Cersei doesn't realize that she has a lot of blame when it comes to the deaths of her children.  Well, Good Queen Carol would have realized this, but perhaps that is now beyond Evil Queen Cheryl.  But, then again, she could see how Tywin's death endangered her children......but that was just for the fuckery of the show wanting to have Lena and Peter have a conversation.  It really was more about that, not the characters, IMO, anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Dany vs Cersei, Cersei vs Tyrion, Davos vs Melisandre, The Hound vs The Mountain, Gendry vs Cersei <- they all will have to wait until after the Long Night.

It's funny how 3 of the 5 actually meet at the meeting and Melisandre can't go because she is banished. The only point here is Gendry. I'm not even sure why we have a revenge between Gendry and Cersei going on at all. I see nothing. It is however very clear that all those rivals had no problems with going to the meeting. But for some reason Arya can not. And even Brienne goes although her oath clearly hints at staying in WF. 

Has Brienne broken her oath ? Can we create three more loopholes until we have this story imagined without a plot hole ?

37 minutes ago, Megorova said:

I didn't called anyone moron, or anything of the sorts (unlike you). Also in many of my posts, I write that this is my theory about this and that; or this is my opinion on how certain events happened/or could have happened; or this and that could be done in this way, etc. Which doesn't mean, that I'm saying that what I wrote, is a canon; or that my intake of the situation, is a missing part of an actual script, that D&D just didn't put in final cut of GOT.

You don't need to call someone a moron to have a tone that implies it. Once again, smarm versus outright hostility. Neither's nice, I'll admit, but I prefer hostility versus pretending to be the bigger man. Also, you're still going, hot damn!

And those people that think otherwise, are either stupid idiots, or intelligent idiots.

Once again, I refer you to how I treat jcmontea versus how I treat you. Perfectly capable of discussing with people who aren't you, because, well, other people are reasonable :P

50 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Well, Good Queen Carol would have realized this, but perhaps that is now beyond Evil Queen Cheryl.

Lol, it is like there's two Cerseis; Carol the Sympathetic Soccer Mom and Cheryl the Evil Supergenius who does everything, including Septsplosians, because it feels good.

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing... Arya's bag o'faces... there's no magic to putting on faces on the show, like when the faceless men put one on Arya in the book, and removed it for her. So on the show, this should be something others, not just faceless men, would do.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Another thing... Arya's bag o'faces... there's no magic to putting on faces on the show, like when the faceless men put one on Arya in the book, and removed it for her. So on the show, this should be something others, not just faceless men, would do.

I told a friend about that spoiler and he didn't believe me. Until....it happened.

I actually enjoyed more than the first half of episode... right until we got to "Arya's Trial" at Winterhell. Then everything went to pieces.

• By far the worst was the brutal murder of my favourite character LF by the very people who he saved, who he got Winterhell back from, especially that ungrateful b*tch Sandra, violating guest right in a sham trial. An extreme case of biting the hand that fed you. Sandra and her sister are due some very bad karma. Ned Stark would be spinning in his grave right about now at his daughters having become such monsters, anti-Starks. Not sure the showrunners realise it though.
    • Also the whole thing came out of nowhere, apparently due to Bran ex machina.
  • Dany/Jon. Not because it's incest (they don't know that). It came out of nowhere. We already know Dany is overly promiscuous (see: Daario) but Jon who so much has been made about being his father's son has just dishonoured himself engaging in pre-marital *** with the highest of highborns. This is the same guy who stated in season #1 that we would never father a bastard.
    • Now Dany has had the almost unique experience of f***ing a corpse.
    • And geez talk about everything falling into Jon's lap!!
  • Theon. Do we seriously expect this guy can outfight that thug? And suddenly the rest of the Ironborn do a 180 and support him?? This reinforces the show's message that violence solves everything.
  • Jon's real name is AEGON? isn't that the name of Rheagar's first son? I was under the impression that the showrunners were going out of their way to avoid name duplication (e.g. Asha/Yara, Robert/Robin) and suddenly they give two (half-)brothers the same name?? That's just dumb. 'Jaeherys' would have made way more sense.
  • Rheagar looks uncommonly like Viserys.
  • How can an icy wall disintegrate from a dragon breathing ice? Wouldn't that, like, solidify it even more?

15 hours ago, Rast said:

Wish they would have explained how roughly 100,000 Dothraki, 8,000 Unsullied, 30,000 Northerners and Wildlings are going to be armed with dragonglass weapons.

I don't know but we can sure as hell be sure they'll all have dragonglass weapons by the time the Night King comes a-knock, knocking on Winterfell's door, which is amazing considering the Vale armourer wasn't smart enough to put leather on the armour before Sansa of all people suggested it.

7 minutes ago, Faera said:

I don't know but we can sure as hell be sure they'll all have dragonglass weapons by the time the Night King comes a-knock, knocking on Winterfell's door,

Yes, yet we haven't even seen one single person shaping glass blades or harrowheads…

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Yes, yet we haven't even seen one single person shaping glass blades or harrowheads…

Well, duh! They're being produced in the factory that made all those Littlefinger jetpacks that now everyone uses!

On 8/28/2017 at 0:12 AM, A Dance with Davos said:

Also I am not sure why Euron had to pretend to be scared to make Daenerys and Jon think he had deserted. It's was just a twist for the sake of a twist, but makes no sense. First of all.. how did they even plan that? Did Cersei really believe the dead were real? I suppose Euron might have seen one, but ignoring that. Cersei said she'd help. So what does it bloody well matter what Euron is doing anyway!?

I'm guessing that the original plan was for Euron to continue picking a fight with Theon, Cersei telling him to leave (she already warned him), and Euron storming off saying he's returning to the Iron Islands. Seeing the Wight allowed him to improvise.

2 hours ago, Rast said:

I'm guessing that the original plan was for Euron to continue picking a fight with Theon, Cersei telling him to leave (she already warned him), and Euron storming off saying he's returning to the Iron Islands. Seeing the Wight allowed him to improvise.

Why even be there then? 

He could have just left and no one would be aware of what his intentions were. Even if they found out he went to essos, it could be for anything. 

- Abandon cersei cause she's losing 

- going on another adventure 

- looking for exotic poon. 

- looking for some super secret God weapon. 

- Stopped caring and just decides to leave.

- stole something. Fleeing. 

And remember, that's if they knew where he was heading. There was no point to the act. None at all. It made no sense in universe. 

Also:. Anyone find it weird/sweet how he is sticking by cersei? The guy must really want her. For a supposedly insane uncaring guy, he's standing by her when she is basically finished and still trying to marry her. Not murder her as he did his brother, but marry her. 

Confirmed. Euron is in love with Cersei and wants go have a family if one eyed krakens with lion manes. Lol

8 hours ago, MrJay said:

Why even be there then? 

He could have just left and no one would be aware of what his intentions were. Even if they found out he went to essos, it could be for anything. 

- Abandon cersei cause she's losing 

- going on another adventure 

- looking for exotic poon. 

- looking for some super secret God weapon. 

- Stopped caring and just decides to leave.

- stole something. Fleeing. 

And remember, that's if they knew where he was heading. There was no point to the act. None at all. It made no sense in universe. 

Also:. Anyone find it weird/sweet how he is sticking by cersei? The guy must really want her. For a supposedly insane uncaring guy, he's standing by her when she is basically finished and still trying to marry her. Not murder her as he did his brother, but marry her. 

Confirmed. Euron is in love with Cersei and wants go have a family if one eyed krakens with lion manes. Lol

The only vaguely, slightly,  possibly plausible reason I can think of is that if he didn't show up someone may wonder 'whatever happened to that guy Euron and his 1,000 ships? Should we maybe check on it?' :D

Also, I suspect after he married Cersei and she gave him a son she'd probably meet with an accident.

I'm disturbed by Cersei's ruling, or more accurately, lack of ruling. Since the first episode she wanted to be in charge and at the end of season 6 she finally gets her wish. All through season 7 she was the Queen yet with the exception of doing war preparations we don't get to see her actually rule. We had glimpses of other characters ruling and their policies and beliefs; Robert, Ned, Daenerys, Joffrey, Tywin, even to some extent Robb, Tryion, Sansa, Kal Drogo, Tommen. We've seen what sets them apart. So what distinguishes Cersei from the other rulers who sat on the Iron throne?

We're supposed to believe that she's hated by her subjects and other houses and she's a bad Queen and her kingdom on the verge of collapse but why? Did she raise taxes? Arrest anyone speaking ill of the Crown? Make incest legal? Re-establish trial by combat? I don't recall her enacting anything. And the people seem kind of happy.

Also, where's her council? Aside from Qyburn who else is advising her. I thought the council meetings were some of the best parts of the episodes.

Archived