[Poll] How would you rate episode 707?

Ran

How would you rate episode 707?  

425 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

I gave it a 10 after giving last week a five. Very good episode with so many good moments. Yes, there wasn't much in the way of  surprises, but when you have a  Big community debating various possible outcomes, chances are someone is going to nail it.  I'm just glad they finally settled the nonsense at Winterfell (very satisfactorily) and we got to see the dead marching south as the season's final scene . It's going to be a very long 10 months or so. 

I wonder how the leaks, which all proved to be true, have effected everyones ratings?

Who is going to be in charge of Cersei's army? I don't see Bronn trusting her. Will jamie bring any defectors along with him? Qyburn seemed pretty interested in that wight arm, I would not be surprised in the least for him to defect to the North with a large cache of wildfire in tow. I don't get how the golden company tips the scales in Cerseis favor by any stretch of the imagination, not without Dany and the North taking severely heavy loss's. 

Finally a fantastic episode, I enjoyed it very much. 
The whole scene in the dragon pit was great (I'll set aside Jon's stupidity, finally I've come to accept that the writers hate him, so I don't have any hope left that they'll ever write a whole episode in which Jon does not do a dumb thing). 
The storyline in Winterfell yay! Very satisfying to see  Littlefinger's fall at hands of the Stark pack. 
I loved the  face to face conversations of different characters, where they finally talked to each other and looked like normal people... this is what I missed so much lately, and it brought back the Game of Thrones feel to a show that had turned in a sort of superhero movie with no plot. The best one was Tyrion-Cersei,   kudos to Lena's performance, I hate her character and think it should have long gone, but this kind of performance is a gift to the viewer, so thank you!. 
I also liked Theon -Jon's face to face, and Arya-Sansa's at the end. 
Glad to see Theon and Jaime finally embracing their redemption arcs, better late than never.
The  dead Viserion and the fall of the Wall were visually great.

Since I enjoyed every minute of it, I could give it a 10, but on second thought, no episode without Ghost deserves a 10. So, I'll give it a 9, and it's my highest this season.

From episode 5 onwards I have tried to separate out the individual episode rating from the overall plot (which doesn't make sense)

On that basis I voted this episode an 8, weighted down still no doubt by how disappointed I am with the decisions they have taken.

There is absolutely no reason IMO for Cersei still to be around. The writers love Lena Headey, great, this could have been her season. Her self destruction (as in the books) and eventual demise.

Instead character after character has to behave stupidly, illogically or against their previous characterisation just to keep her around.

As a season, despite the spectacular moments, this has to be one of the worst.  

Edited by JagLover

Great finale.  An enjoyable hour and a half of GOT.  I'm left feeling satisfied.  Enough anyway.  

Was it the image of an undead dragon blue fire-ing the wall down?  Jon and Danny boning?  Bran's blunt mega reveal to Sam?  The big meeting of houses?  Arya putting LF out of the game with quick slash?  The Hound being The Hound?  Cersei/Tyrian/Jamie moments?

I can't say.  It wasn't perfect, but it was the 2nd best episode of the season for me and a solid finale.

9/10.  

Edited by HellasLEAF

7 for me. 

Highlights:

Tyrion starting to look a bit more like the Tyrion of season 1-4. 

As I have said all season, they are handling the Daenerys and Jon relationship really well and continued to do so this episode.

The summit was pretty well written and tense.

The killing of Littlefinger took me by surprise. Didn't expect Sansa and Arya to out for him like they did.

Jon being called Aegon.

Burning of the Wall.

Lowlights:

Sam and Bran's conversation was so contrived. They have become exposition in character form.

Don't really see the need for Theon to go and become a hero. I can't forgive him for his betrayal of the Starks, so I can't really believe that Jon would spare him, as he is no use to anyone.

4 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

I did a "wait, what?" at this during the episode.

20k?  That's it?  Oh, and elephants??

lol 

You have to wonder what the hell the GoldenCompany are doing in Essos at the moment, who is paying them, what is keeping them together all trained and ready for war FFS. Cersei should not be queen, that Gold from HighGarden should be the only thing Euron wants from her, unless he is really the father of whatever Abomination she is currently carrying! And the Nights King has been waiting for a Viserion all along! Does he see the future and if he does why is he bothering to invade Westeros if he is going to be defeated and if he is going to win then he has certainly been patient waiting all that time just for Viserion. FFS if nobody ever went North of the wall to stop him he would not even have an army, the job of the Nights Watch should have been to bring Wildlings south all along not stop them! The Nights Watch has been aiding and abetting the Nights king all along!

I gave this episode a 3, but I don't really think I can view it objectively. As I mentioned in the ranting thread, this has been the episode that made me realise how bad the show has become. I can no longer lie to myself. The idea that Cersei planned Euron to run away from the dead (when she didn't even believe in them until she saw the wight) was too much for me to handle; I had to pause the episode for a few minutes. I'm going to have to re-watch the whole show with a more critical eye, and resist the spectacle as much as possible. 

I am amazed that so many are giving this a 10. To each their own, of course, but the Cersei garbage alone should knock off at least one point. How many times did she pointlessly pretend to change her mind about the truce? And why would it be a good idea to let the army of the dead rampage through the North, so that when they get to the Neck, they have ten times as many zombies? That's thick even for her. 

Bah, I should stop before I end up talking myself into giving this an even lower score.

5 hours ago, Snormund said:

Dragons+sex is enough for a ten for so many people lol. 

This show set set a high standard and it should be graded accordingly. If it had always been like this that'd be one thing. But it hasn't. 

Agree..

Give this person a medal already..

In the past too, for all episodes that had a very poor script yet showed a lot of fan service was rated high...very high.

Based on the nonsense that happened in the last few episodes the plotlines (of which were shown today) were pathetic..

1. Knock knock.. im horny. Lets have sex.

2. The vale army giving zero fucks to "accused" LF. Have they forgotten Robbyn Arryn.

3. Yes. The same question Dany asked. "What the hell was the wight hunt for?"

Seriously? Just so that you decided a dragon should burn the wall and show how Cercei is suddenly an all powerful god, you made up this crappy story line?

I would have loved it if the wight hunt failed, Dany retreated and things directly went to season 8. Ww battle.

The things leading to the plots should have happened long ago. OR we must have been given longer seasons.

10/10!? The level of stupidity!! As if it was "flawless"

Edited by robasp2

1 hour ago, House Bannister said:

I gave this episode a 3, but I don't really think I can view it objectively. As I mentioned in the ranting thread, this has been the episode that made me realise how bad the show has become. I can no longer lie to myself. The idea that Cersei planned Euron to run away from the dead (when she didn't even believe in them until she saw the wight) was too much for me to handle; I had to pause the episode for a few minutes. I'm going to have to re-watch the whole show with a more critical eye, and resist the spectacle as much as possible. 

D&D's writing was awful from the very beginning, but when many of us complained about it, show lovers were insulting us saying that we're just book purists and we don't understand television as medium. But yes, this show was always poorly written, because even in season one there were a lot of scenes invented by D&D and they were poorly done for the most part. Of course back then it wasn't as bad as it is today, because they still used a lot of book scenes too (though in a very underwhelming way), but in reality this show was never as good as fanboys were saying. And if you consider how insanely good the source material is, then the way in which D&D managed to fuck up the story is nothing short of spectacular. And that is the biggest spectacle of GOT.

Oh, I gave this episode a 2. It was bad, bot not as bad as the previous two.

4 hours ago, Damitol said:

I gave it a 10 after giving last week a five. Very good episode with so many good moments. Yes, there wasn't much in the way of  surprises, but when you have a  Big community debating various possible outcomes, chances are someone is going to nail it.  I'm just glad they finally settled the nonsense at Winterfell (very satisfactorily) and we got to see the dead marching south as the season's final scene . It's going to be a very long 10 months or so. 

There's some truth to that, but with regards to the ending scene, I feel like it was the show that made it unsurprising. They kept all saying "the dead will invade the north, then the south if we don't stop them", no one was saying "we have to stop them at the wall, we have to protect the wall, the wall has stood for thousands of years, if the wall falls humanity is doomed".

It seemed like they all assumed the wall would fall/be bypassed.

It had its' moments, but I can't say anything really excited me like some of the other episodes.