Can anyone explain the beginning of this episode which literally made no sense. 

How did Jaime retake the rock and how are the unsullied fine and dandy outside. 

And then it gets ignored and Jaime warps back to kings landing. 

PLEASE tell me I missed something or misunderstood something. Please someone 

33 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Kind of disappointing that the NK apparently didn't have a way to take down the wall until...  you know.  It was handed to him. 

Yeah, that's very frustrating. So apparently the Night King had no plan the entire time and was kind of sort of just hoping for the best? Complete crap. Bringing down the wall with Viserion, that's something that should've happened after he had another plan which he tried but which he failed thanks to the heroes, but then he gets the dragon and turns the tables on them again. Point is, there should've been a Plan A, and using Viserion should've been an impromptu Plan B that he stumbled onto after the failure of Plan A. But turns out there was never a Plan A the entire time.

I doubt Beric and Tormund are dead, although they should be.  I can't imagine how anyone could have survived that.

Jon's real name should have been Aemon, not Aegon.  It would have made all the scenes with Aemon on the Wall so much more poignant.

Sam asking Bran if he can see the wedding was cringe-worthy.

The scene with Sansa and Arya was nice at the end, but I wished they had added a little more dialogue.  When Arya said she missed him and Sansa said me too, she should have added "and mother, and Robb, but the worst part is that I don't even remember what Rickon looked like." 

7 minutes ago, hallam said:

It is clear that the old three eyed crow could see the future.

The issue for Bran would be that if he sees the future, it becomes fixed and cannot be changed. So it is a big risk to do that.

Did we learn these facts in show or is this book knowledge?

Just now, Thor Odinson said:

Yeah, that's very frustrating. So apparently the Night King had no plan the entire time and was kind of sort of just hoping for the best? Complete crap. Bringing down the wall with Viserion, that's something that should've happened after he had another plan which he tried but which he failed thanks to the heroes, but then he gets the dragon and turns the tables on them again. Point is, there should've been a Plan A, and using Viserion should've been an impromptu Plan B that he stumbled onto after the failure of Plan A. But turns out there was never a Plan A the entire time.

I'm guessing all along the plan was to create a dragon-wight.  

9 minutes ago, Knight of Ashes said:

Chilly reunions are Bran's specialty.  I expect he'll give Jaime the "I wouldn't be what I am today if it weren't for you" speech.

Followed by a "you were pretty when they took your hand." 

Cuz, you know... he likes to be sociable. 

9 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Also...did Mirri Maz Duur (the witch that killed Khal Drogo) tell Dany she wouldn't have children??

Not only I don't remember telling her that, but I'm pretty sure I remember her NOT telling her that (in the books she does).

Anyway Daenaerys slept with at least 2 men since then and didn't get pregnant.

The concerns about LF's execution are misplaced.  He DID have a trial, as much as anyone ever has on this show.  He was presented with several charges, and admitted to at least two of them.  Admitting to murder is enough to justify summary execution with no further process.

14 minutes ago, Dez said:

The thing that stuck out to me as really bad was how the Winterfell plot resolved. They apparently left the entire process of the sisters realizing they were being played or being nudged by Bran off screen. If they were playing LF the whole time you'd think there would have been something to go on in the previous scenes other than the viewership's common knowledge that the plotline would end with LF's demise. And if the sisters really were being duped at first and were pulled back by Bran's knowledge they could have explained that's how it happened. As far as I can tell they left the viewer to infer half the events that got us to LF's elimination. 

Yup.  Sucks to be outwitted by a silly program, dunnit?

5 minutes ago, Snormund said:

That was not the Rock, it was King's Landing right from the beginning.

Edited by Ingelheim

Just now, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Anyway Daenaerys slept with at least 2 men since then and didn't get pregnant.

That proves that she's barren just as much as it proves those men are shooting blanks.  Or that those gents have amazing pullout game.

Also... two?  I recall Daario.  Who's the other?

Just now, bigchiefbc said:

The concerns about LF's execution are misplaced.  He DID have a trial, as much as anyone ever has on this show.  He was presented with several charges, and admitted to at least two of them.  Admitting to murder is enough to justify summary execution with no further process.

Whilst true. I think the major issue is that LF a master of lies and deceit admitted his crimes. I mean... I'm surprised he didn't just flat out say "You can't handle the truth".

6 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Yes you missed something.  The whole thing happened at King's Landing.

7 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Maybe it would help if she had watched it before.  Make me watch a season finale on the seventh season of a show that I never watched and I'd think it was boring too. 

I also wouldn't expect anyone to care about my opinion of it. 

I disagree. Years back, seeing my roommate watch a random episode got me hooked in minutes and I went back and powered through the whole thing. Of course part of that is taste. But for a season finale that sets up the final season, it was slow as shit. My wife's opinion highlights the fact that most of us are just riding on investment. As an isolated piece of media it was slow and boring.

Good TV series should be comprised of good episodes should be comprised of good scenes should be comprised of good lines.

And each of those should be able to be appreciated at their own level for what they are worth in addition to being enriched by the larger picture.

16 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Also...did Mirri Maz Duur (the witch that killed Khal Drogo) tell Dany she wouldn't have children??

Not only I don't remember telling her that, but I'm pretty sure I remember her NOT telling her that (in the books she does).

After Mirri killed Rhaego and put Drogo in the coma, she said to Dany:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

Dany not being able to have children isn't the only interpretation of this, but it's the conclusion Dany came to.

Edited by younggrifflives

4 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Did we learn these facts in show or is this book knowledge?

From the show. First thing that the TEC says to Bran in the cave is that he has been waiting for him. Then the series of interactions make it clear that he knows that Bran's arrival will lead to his death.