6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Who's the other guy? Daario and...?

She married the other guy Hizdahr zo Loraq in Meeren to keep peace. The marriage was short, but in the books at least it was consummated. 

I don't say it proves everything, but after several years of having regular sex and not getting pregnant, Dany could have doubt in her chances to conceive.

Edited by Ashes Of Westeros

58 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Oh god, they really went with Aegon. What about his eldest son?!

Lyanna named Jon after Rhaegar and his family were all dead. Rhaegar probably expected a girl with Lyanna and never picked a boy's name. 

Elia's Aegon was a big misdirect by GRRM, in order to disqualify that name from consideration. Otherwise, as the Targaryen name, it would have been obvious that Jon's secret Targaryen name was Aegon. But because he has an older brother, it's the one name we can immediately rule out. Tricky GRRM!

Quote: "Tyrion 's reaction is weird though .Does anyone knows more about it ?"

He had been hoping to avoid any imperial entanglements. 

I'd love to know more about Rhaegar and Lyanna's courtship. The whole situation seems very unfair to his other children. I guess that's what they'll explore in the prequel.

What's Jaime going to do?  Say my sister changed her mind but Im here to represent?

How does that work?

What of his fatherhood?

This turn of events between them was weird.  Maybe he is simply riding out to let them know what to expect, but why?

2 minutes ago, Alphonzo said:

Yup.  Sucks to be outwitted by a silly program, dunnit?

The problem I had is that nobody had to solve anything or put any pieces together. They were just spoon fed the truth from Branbot offscreen to wrap it up quickly. Contrast that with Sam and Bran each having half of the puzzle several episodes back and needing to exchange info to put the pieces together. That made for a more interesting scenario. In both we viewers already knew the truth, but in the latter we watched the characters unwrap it vs just being told offscreen

Just now, Moonbather said:

Quote: "Tyrion 's reaction is weird though .Does anyone knows more about it ?"

He had been hoping to avoid any imperial entanglements. 

I'd love to know more about Rhaegar and Lyanna's courtship. The whole situation seems very unfair to his other children. I guess that's what they'll explore in the prequel.

Doesn't look like it, only one of the prequels is set in Westeros and it's been made pretty clear it won't be Robert's Rebellion, I take that to mean the events leading up to it as you'd have to include them.to tell either tale.

How could the Three Eyed Raven not have known that Jon Snow was a legitimate Targaryan?  Or did I miss something?  How could Sam have known the marriage was legitimate, and ole Three Eyes didn't?  What's the point of seeing past, present, and future if you don't get the facts straight?

4 minutes ago, J. Stargaryen said:

Lyanna named Jon after Rhaegar and his family were all dead. Rhaegar probably expected a girl with Lyanna and never picked a boy's name. 

Elia's Aegon was a big misdirect by GRRM, in order to disqualify that name from consideration. Otherwise, as the Targaryen name, it would have been obvious that Jon's secret Targaryen name was Aegon. But because he has an older brother, it's the one name we can immediately rule out. Tricky GRRM!

You do realize that none of this dribble is being written by George anymore?

34 minutes ago, Aemon Targaryen said:

Aegon seems pretty unlikely in the books 

Nah, reread the HotU scene. There's a reason people always mistake Rhaegar and Elia for Rhaegar and Lyanna. It's because the scene describes Jon much better than Elia's son. PtwP + SoIaF.

29 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Yeah, the decision to go with Aegon was odd.  Then again, have they ever mentioned any of Rhaegar's kids by name before?

Might have. I doubt it was a decision, really. It actually can make perfect sense for Jon's real name to be Aegon. 

It appeared as if the writer re-racked the Clegane Bowl. I think the demonstration of how to kill a wight was foreshadowing to Sandor killing his undead brother. My own personal prediction is that Sandor kills Gregor with Valyrian steel, Heartbane to be exact. Sam has to give it to someone and the Hound is the likely suspect.

Why did everyone go on about Jon's trustworthiness and his commitment to duty? Shouldn't he be in most of their eyes a deserter?

I get that he believes himself free from his Night's Watch oath, but does anyone in Cersei's party (or most people in Dany's) know anything about his death and resurrection?

1 minute ago, Trebla said:

It appeared as if the writer re-racked the Clegane Bowl. I think the demonstration of how to kill a wight was foreshadowing to Sandor killing his undead brother. My own personal prediction is that Sandor kills Gregor with Valyrian steel, Heartbane to be exact. Sam has to give it to someone and the Hound is the likely suspect.

100% confirmed

But I think it won't be Valyrian steel...it'll be with fire. It would be full circle.

2 minutes ago, Trebla said:

For me it looked like The Hound let it go after seeing that his brother isn't the same anymore.