3 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

:agree:My impression was that they just wanted to wrap it up quickly. It was a very cheap trick: everything happened off screen. And where was Lyanna Mormont? Why didn't she say anything? LF deserved a more spectacular end.

Apparently he has whole footage, but can't see the final cut. So he provides relevant information randomly (and very conveniently)

To me it seemed he never thought to look for a marriage, he still believed the rebellion had cause, and resolved to the idea of Lyanna as an impregnated prisoner.. Once he looked for a wedding he found the truth.

36 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

She married the other guy Hizdahr zo Loraq in Meeren to keep peace. The marriage was short, but in the books at least it was consummated. 

I don't say it proves everything, but after several years of having regular sex and not getting pregnant, Dany could have doubt in her chances to conceive.

Dany banged every other man in her mind, all at once, both Big and little, family and strangers, Lord and savage, with and without greyscale.   By doing this she was never surprised when when she saw Jorah look at her like a hungry dog looks at a pork chop. 

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

Then again, have they ever mentioned any of Rhaegar's kids by name before?

The names of Elia's children with Rhaegar were mentioned once, in S3E4:

THOROS: House Clegane was built upon dead children. I saw them lay Prince Aegon and Princess Rhaenys before the Iron Throne.

Edited by Shmedricko

53 minutes ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Anyway Daenaerys slept with at least 2 men since then and didn't get pregnant.

And she recently advised Jon/ Aegon(?!) that the dragons are the only children she'll ever have. I think she'll have his baby, but something tragic will happen- she might die in childbirth or something.

Tyrion was very dismayed about the Jon-Dany hookup. I hope he and Sansa reunite. 

Like someone said: "it's just Little finger". I hate being so callused and cynical but think about all the things LF has done. Not one thing he did benefited anybody but himself! He literally gave Sansa to Ramsey to be raped! Can anyone forgive him for that?!

Although the books were different about Ramsey, the point is books or shows LF wasn't someone we liked. Let's be honest deep down we wanted him to go out in the worst way possible. Creepy guy....

Although I guess you couldn't beat the way Ramsey died

4 minutes ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

Oh yeah. He picks up the wriggling hand and stares in awe. Shouldn't the hand start choking him? Isn't that how zombies work?

Yes!! Qyburn loves it. He probably wants to create an army of wights to fight for Cersei. 

I wonder how, scientifically, Gregor compares to the wights. 

3 minutes ago, Lydia19 said:

Like someone said: "it's just Little finger". I hate being so callused and cynical but think about all the things LF has done. Not one thing he did benefited anybody but himself! He literally gave Sansa to Ramsey to be raped! Can anyone forgive him for that?!

Although the books were different about Ramsey, the point is books or shows LF wasn't someone we liked. Let's be honest deep down we wanted him to go out in the worst way possible. Creepy guy....

Although I guess you couldn't beat the way Ramsey died

Ramsey's death was the best.. I guess LF was pretty good, too. Totally took him by surprise and for once, he couldn't talk (or beg or plead) his way out of it. I love how Bronze Yohn just said NOPE! 

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

The end of Lord Baelish was predictable.  But to be honest, I’m not sure if that was just because I am active on this board.  I’d be curious to know what others thought.  I did not like that he was a little tearful at the end—I felt he should be strong until the end, playing the game.  For a moment, I thought that he was faking tears to play on Sansa’s emotions, but I think that he was shown to be really afraid.  Also, Ned Stark would have said the (wo)man who passed the sentence should swing the sword.  Sansa should have killed him herself/ And they should have done this in episode 5.  

I’m glad Theon found himself and is going for his sister.  I think he’s headed for his heroic death.  He paid the iron price for the respect of the crew—and then washed in the waters of the sea. Also glad that there was finally a benefit to him having no genitals—no pain when he’s kneed in the groin. (I wonder if Jaime will eventually see some benefit to not having his right hand!) I just wish that he had mentioned Robb in his convo with Jon.  Ned was mentioned a lot in this episode, but Theon was Ned’s hostage.  Robb is the one he loved, bent the knee to, and betrayed.  BTW, I thought Sansa and Arya should have mentioned Robb, Cat and Rickon in their conversation—in addition to Ned.

And now for the KL sequence.

·        I am totally getting Cersei’s outfit for winter!  And I respect the fact that she’s the only one who didn’t get out of her chair at the sight of the dragons. (Boy, can Dany make an entrance!) That’s how a queen behaves!  I thought she played the scene well—trying to get Jon out of the way, pretending Euron was a coward (I may be as dumb as Jaime, but I thought he was leaving too), etc.

·        I enjoyed all the reunions, and I’m glad they didn’t forget that Pod worked for Tyrion first.  I was also glad that Jaime/Brienne was a cold reunion—it would be weird if they were back to being buddies so quickly.  The Clegane brothers reunion was a little underwhelming due to Gregor being much shorter than the original actor.  Mountain? More like a hill! I did feel like Drogo and Dany should have remembered Jaime and Bronn, who tried to kill them, and reacted in some way upon seeing them again.  I enjoyed the Brienne/Hound reunion—will the Hound be possible competition for Tormund with regard to Brienne’s attentions?

I did not like the look Cersei gave when she caught Brienne looking at Jaime.  You better run, girlfriend!  Cersei threw the last girl who looked at Jaime into a well!  And she was only 10 years old when she did it!

·        Nice reaction by all to the wight, but since when do we kill wights with dragonglass—isn’t that the White Walkers?  I feel like mentioning that the wights are the least of their worries should have happened.

·        I liked that Jon kept his oath, but I felt like Dany could have released him from it and solved some problems. I laughed out loud when he suggested that maybe trusting the witch who killed Drogo did not make sense.

·        Cersei and Tyrion back in a room together—yay!  IMO these two have more chemistry than any 2 actors on the show. Excellent convo—glad that they didn’t forget about Tywin and the children. 

·        I wonder if Cersei totally played Tyrion or whether he knows she was faking support for the mission?  I know I was taken in and cheering when I thought the Lannisters were coming to help.

·        I thought that the break between Jaime and Cersei was handled very well.  It pissed me of in the books that Jaime abandoned the love of his life and the mother of his children out of jealousy.  Honor and keeping their pledge makes much more sense.  I squealed (a high pitched gasp that could probably be heard by the entire building) when Cersei gave the signal to Gregor (and I noticed that there was a tear in her eye as she did so).  So why didn’t he kill Jaime?  If it was just a bluff on Cersei’s part, I hope Jaime keeps that in mind when he comes back to kill her.  I’m just glad she didn’t yell out that the baby was not his!

·        I wonder who will lead the Lannister forces without Jaime.  Gregor cannot speak…Would love to see Cersei lead them herself, but that’s extremely unrealistic. I did like that she was smart enough to notice that 1 dragon was missing.  Smart Show Cersei is great!

·        I wonder who will lead the Golden Company.  If it’s Daario, will he betray Cersei for Dany or will he be pissed that Dany is now with Jon and fight for Cersei?

Dany/Jon:

Was it just me, or was that sex scene really awkward looking?  I think it was because they were trying to make sure there was no frontal nudity, but I think it could have been managed better. Also, I think that sex scene would have been better in the last episode, after the tense battle and emotional “death” of Viserion. 

And why was Tyrion creeping outside of the bedroom.  Did he hope that Dany would fall for him?  Or did he broker a deal with Cersei in which he would negotiate for her unborn child to become Dany's heir (since Dany cannot have one)? And was Jon + Dany interfering with that idea?

Was that the guy who played Viserys who was Rhaegar? He sure looked like him.  Glad that Jon’s parentage was confirmed. It pisses me off that they named the child Aegon, even though Rhaegar already had an Aegon.  Yes, baby Aegon was dead by then, but if Rhaegar chose the name, as it’s likely he did, that really sucks!

And the wall came tumbling down!  That was excellent.  Since the NK rode a dragon, does that mean he’s a Targaryen?  Was that fire or ice coming out of the dragon?

1 hour ago, Caryn Alomar said:

How could the Three Eyed Raven not have known that Jon Snow was a legitimate Targaryan?  Or did I miss something?  How could Sam have known the marriage was legitimate, and ole Three Eyes didn't?  What's the point of seeing past, present, and future if you don't get the facts straight?

Right?? Weird that Bran knows of Jon's parentage, but still thinks he's a bastard. 

Also: I guess Sam *was*'listening to Gilly?? That's confusing. 

6 minutes ago, nara said:

Was that the guy who played Viserys who was Rhaegar? He sure looked like him.  Glad that Jon’s parentage was confirmed. It pisses me off that they named the child Aegon, even though Rhaegar already had an Aegon.  Yes, baby Aegon was dead by then, but if Rhaegar chose the name, as it’s likely he did, that really sucks!

And the wall came tumbling down!  That was excellent.  Since the NK rode a dragon, does that mean he’s a Targaryen?  Was that fire or ice coming out of the dragon?

He didn't. Rhaegar was expecting a girl. Only picked out a girl's name. Aside from the names resembling the original trio, the biggest clue for that is the HotU scene:

He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany’s, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. “There must be one more,” he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. “The dragon has three heads.” - ACoK, Daenerys IV (HotU)

Rhaegar says "There must be one more (dragon head)" while seemingly looking at Dany. I don't think he was literally looking at her, but it's a clue that he envisioned the third head as female. Hence why he never picked a boy's name for Lyanna's child.