14 minutes ago, Kingslayer96 said:

I have a question. Idk if this was talked about a long time ago but little finger is the one who had Jon arryn killed? Why? And when and how did Sansa find out?

LF had Lysa poison Jon Arryn so that he could gain power and create chaos to his advantage. And I believe Lysa admitted to poisoning Jon Arryn right before LF threw her out the moon door.

4 minutes ago, Kingslayer96 said:

I have a question. Idk if this was talked about a long time ago but little finger is the one who had Jon arryn killed? Why? And when and how did Sansa find out?

LF has Jon Arryn killed because "Chaos is a ladder"... No seriously... Removing the Lord of the Vale frees up Lysa to eventually marry him and get him much more power long term, since Lysa was obsessed with him (basically giving him defacto control of the Vale in the short term, and total control when he eventually marries her), while also helping himself to garner favor with the Lannisters, since it's implied that he knew (or was close to discovering) that none of Robert's children where actually his.

By then having Lysa write a letter to Winterfell claiming the Lannisters did it, he's setting the stage for hostilities between Stark and Lannister (and in essence weakening both of their positions), and effectively causing Ned to leave Winterfell for King's Landing, which gives LF the opportunity he needs to get rid of him as well.  I don't doubt that Ned would have been killed down there eventually (and it blamed on the Lannisters), had a better opportunity not presented itself to both rid himself of Ned AND garner more favor (and a Lordship of Harrenhal) with the Lannisters in the incident that gets Ned arrested....

Truth be told his plans/schemes where pretty well done early on in the show/books.... It's only his post GRRM story where his character kind of falls off the rails a bit.

I liked the finale okay. Everything I was expecting to happen has happened except I didn't care much for the way they handled the Bran/Sam reveal, I wanted to see Jon Snow finding out! That bit of acting and dialogue I've been looking forward to for so long would have been amazing! Instead they did a reveal for the 3 HBO viewers who have not been privileged enough to have an internet connection for the past 7 years.
When I complain about GoT, I'm only doing it against the standard they set. At it's worst it's still simply the best thing that's ever been on TV.

3 hours ago, Lydia19 said:

Oh and I'm sure everybody agrees that we are only watching the shows because we so want to know what is going to happen, and we can't wait for the books. But.... The shows are often so far off the mark and disappointing, I wonder if we aren't doing us a great disservice by watching them.

I have rewatched all the shows two or three times, and reread the books countless times, and I still come to the same conclusion everytime. "The books are soooooo much better!. But All I can say is suck it up if we aren't satisfied with how it's going in the shows. If we watch them that's our punishment.

A comforting thought is that GRRM has said he doesn't let anybody influence the way he thinks a character is going to go in the books So I trust whatever reasons he has for Raegar and Lyanna being married wilst Raegar still being married to Elia will be allot more satisfactory in the books. And that goes for any other thing that the show writers screwed up.

But hey, they will have to carry us on until our dear GRRM finally releases the two final books! 

Rather than compare the books to the show and being disappointed...  I compare the books to other fantasy series and am quite satisfied...  and I compare the show to other TV shows and am quite satisfied.  The show was never intended to compete with the books, so I don't know why people treat it as if there is some right or wrong way to adapt the story.  Frankly, I am glad that they are markedly different; I can enjoy them both on their own.

1 hour ago, CasterlyBrick said:

I would love to see this happen. A lot of speculation is that the final battle with the Night King will be at Winterfell. It would be amazing if it was taken out in the first episode of Season 8. That would really change the game.

Who knows, it all depends on what the writers feel like.  It took Bran the entirety of Season 3 to go from WF to The Wall.  Given he is a cripple, but the dead like to walk very slowly when they have no energies to expend at all and should be able to just run indefinitely toward their destination.

We still have no idea whatsoever what the Nights King actually wants. What are his motivations, it seems he has no free will at all as he seems to see the future and then just act out his part in it. He does not need to feed his army so why does he need to go SOUTH, what is his endgame? I actually pondered for a minute whether Cersei or Tyrion somehow end up being The Knight King,  because he is tall I could see Tyrion choosing him and Cersei would love to be him or it, I mean the Night King may actually be the Nights Queen. I am not presenting this as a theory, I'm saying that the show has devolved into  such a Jump the Shark Deus eX Machina show that anything is possible. Cersei even having power or being Queen is not plausible because the people of Kings Landing hate her and what BannerMan would reall still support her. Why does her so called Army stay loyal to her when every other Army seems to be duplicitous, but not Cerseis. The bloody Nothern Lords change with the wind, but the Lannister soldiers are always totally solid for her, even after seeing the Dragons, Dothraki and Unsullied in this episode. The show is now a cartoon, with dialogue aimed at prepubescent males!,

6 hours ago, the Greenleif Stark said:

So watching the after show stuff, these idiots(D&D) say how Jon and Dany's blood relations will cause strain and stress on their relationship when they find out but how's that gonna happen, I mean it doesn't take a genius to see they're heading for the wedding aisle, why would the care when they find out about Jon's true parents?

Because that makes Dany his aunt. Now the show is a bit more ambiguous on her views on this. The book Dany probably wouldn't care about this one way or the other. Incest is not an issue for her. She's willing to marry Aegon (if he had lived). Jon, however, might have huge issues with it. The guy who wouldn't lie to Cersei despite the cost being the loss of a necessary truce may simply not accept it. If they are already in love by then, I don't see Dany taking this well. 

4 hours ago, hallam said:

Well it could be because Tyrion has betrayed Danny to Cersei. But I think it more likely that he knows that his sister cannot be trusted and will break her word.

This actually sounds very plausible. Tyrion has been uncomfortable with Dany's severe anti-Lannister agenda all season. He talks a big game, but is horrified by the stark realities of what Dany intends to do. Tyrion as a betrayer for love makes much sense. Dany generally trusts his advice. I even think he suggested the wight hunt and armistice as a way to give the Lannisters some respite after the terrible defeat that had been inflicted on them.

6 hours ago, iprayiam said:

Why did everyone go on about Jon's trustworthiness and his commitment to duty? Shouldn't he be in most of their eyes a deserter?

Probably to set up the tension when he founds out she's his aunt and fels duty-bound to leave the relationship (especially if she doesn't).

When Daenerys was at the House of the Undying, one of the prophecies she heard was "Three treasons will you know, once for blood and once for gold and once for love". Daenerys believes that Mirri Maz Duur committed the blood treason.

In episode 7 did we witness Cersei betray Dany for gold (gold of the lions, gold of the Iron Bank, gold of the Golden Company)?

26 minutes ago, syroya said:

When Daenerys was at the House of the Undying, one of the prophecies she heard was "Three treasons will you know, once for blood and once for gold and once for love". Daenerys believes that Mirri Maz Duur committed the blood treason.

In episode 7 did we witness Cersei betray Dany for gold (gold of the lions, gold of the Iron Bank, gold of the Golden Company)?

But Cersei gets no gold as a reward for her treason - she already has it - and Dany doesn't trust her anyway so is unlikely to be heartbroken because Cersei lied to her that one time.

There are too many things wrong with where this story is heading - Roberts Rebellion was a lie coz Rhaegar loved Lyanna - awe, ain't that nice. Except the shit was already married and a dad, he just abandoned his family for a young Northern bit of smoo and everyone is OK with that? This show has a really fucked up version of committed love :D I guess the books and early episodes of the show kept driving home the things we love destroy us, so I can only hope that next season the NK proves to be the hero and Dany and Jon the villains.

At least the NK looks good riding a dragon and not some little wuss bag like Dany - he sits up high and proud and shit.

I don't get show Arya at all - she is a total mess of a character. Hope she goes insane and stabs herself to death next season.

The zombie scene was underwhelming - seriously, the Mountain looks way scarier than that piss-ant little skelebones did - like WTF is wrong with his face? Loved that Qyburn took a particular interest in the wight, hope he goes and shakes the NKs hand and makes some kind of alchemy/necromancy alliance next season. Perhaps Cersie can than be the Nights Queen? Perhaps a Queen is all the NK is looking for, just like Euron.

52 minutes ago, Eddard the Builder said:

I did like that Littlefinger died similarly to Brandon Stark.  A hundred men sat in that throne room, watched, and did and said nothing.  None even lifted a finger to help him.  

Although shockingly even I felt even some degree of pity for him as he pleaded to Sansa.  

Kind of ungrateful on Sansa's behalf.  She only escaped King's Landing and Joffrey because of Petyr.  He did actually love her, in his own twisted way.

Edited by A Bong of Ice and Fire