Did anyone notice? In the Dragon Pit when Jon was demonstrating how to kill a wight, he took a torch and burned the wight's hand: "We can burn them". After that he threw out his Dragon glass dagger, stabbed it in the wight's belly and said: "Or we can kill them with dragon glass."

Where's the Valyrian Steel? Why didn't he mention it?

My good hunch would be to prevent Cersei from gathering the remaining Valerian steel. I mean Joh has Longclaw, Brienne has Oathkeeper, Sam took Heartsbane with him and Arya now has Catspaw, which is Valerian Steel, too. 

Might Widow's Wail still be in KL? Euron is said to wear a suit of black scale armors made from Valerian steel. Many other swords got lost. If I remember well there has to be one in the Eyrie, yet: Lady Forlorn.

What's your opinion on this? Why did Jon leave the Valyrian Steel out?

5 minutes ago, syroya said:

Did anyone notice? In the Dragon Pit when Jon was demonstrating how to kill a wight, he took a torch and burned the wight's hand: "We can burn them". After that he threw out his Dragon glass dagger, stabbed it in the wight's belly and said: "Or we can kill them with dragon glass."

Where's the Valyrian Steel? Why didn't he mention it?

My good hunch would be to prevent Cersei from gathering the remaining Valerian steel. I mean Joh has Longclaw, Brienne has Oathkeeper, Sam took Heartsbane with him and Arya now has Catspaw, which is Valerian Steel, too. 

Might Widow's Wail still be in KL? Euron is said to wear a suit of black scale armors made from Valerian steel. Many other swords got lost. If I remember well there has to be one in the Eyrie, yet: Lady Forlorn.

What's your opinion on this? Why did Jon leave the Valyrian Steel out?

Valyrian steel is known to kill White Walkers.  We don't know that it also kills wights.

Valyrian steel weapons are just normal weapons to wights.  

In the books the only way to kill wights is to burn them or destroy the bodies with conventional weapons until they're no longer a threat (chopped off legs, arms, etc.)

The show added their weakness to dragonglass, I'm guessing for expediency.  

8 hours ago, Kingslayer96 said:

I have a question. Idk if this was talked about a long time ago but little finger is the one who had Jon arryn killed? Why?

Like the characters in the story, it's best not to think about GRRM's post-AGOT retcon that riddled the first book with plot holes.

5 hours ago, Hajk1984 said:

Because that makes Dany his aunt. Now the show is a bit more ambiguous on her views on this. The book Dany probably wouldn't care about this one way or the other. Incest is not an issue for her. She's willing to marry Aegon (if he had lived). Jon, however, might have huge issues with it. The guy who wouldn't lie to Cersei despite the cost being the loss of a necessary truce may simply not accept it. If they are already in love by then, I don't see Dany taking this well. 

Not only this, @the Greenleif Stark, but also because Jon has a better claim to the Throne than Dany. Dany's entire persona is built around the idea that she's the true heir to the Iron Throne (and also Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Wheels, etc...). Her understanding of Westerosi politics has grown more complex the past few seasons, and she now gets that her dad was a terrible ruler, but her starting position is still that the Iron Throne belongs to her because it belonged to her family, and that everyone else is a usurper. She won't be happy to find out that according to her  own rhetoric, it's actually Jon who should be the ruler.

And ya, Jon probably won't be super happy about the incest.

1 hour ago, kukukazoo said:

GOT writers aren't even knowledgeable about the material they're adapting. Aerys killed Ned's dad and brother in a horrific way and demanded Jon Arryn give Ned and Robert to him, but Jon Arryn rose in rebellion instead, that's not based on a lie.

But why did Aerys kill Ned's Father and Brother? They went to KL under the impression Rhaegar took Lyanna against her will. They demanded Aerys to make his son free her. This led to them dying. If they had known the truth they would've never went to KL in the first place. Very fair to say the rebellion was based on a lie. 

6 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

We still have no idea whatsoever what the Nights King actually wants. What are his motivations, it seems he has no free will at all as he seems to see the future and then just act out his part in it. He does not need to feed his army so why does he need to go SOUTH, what is his endgame?

From the shows portrayal, they are basically a Children of the Forest superweapon gone rogue (or working as intended but overly efficiently so), that has found a way to multiply itself. I think they are still following their original directive: KILL ALL HOOMANS! 

It's basically Skynet, but with magic. They are just mindless Dragonglassbots with no personal motivation.

Edited by Japper007

30 minutes ago, johndance said:

But why did Aerys kill Ned's Father and Brother? They went to KL under the impression Rhaegar took Lyanna against her will. They demanded Aerys to make his son free her. This led to them dying. If they had known the truth they would've never went to KL in the first place. Very fair to say the rebellion was based on a lie. 

Nope. Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar without telling her family, so her brother charged into King's Landing looking for answers (and demanding her back), Aerys captured him instead, and when Ned's father came Aerys murdered them in horrific ways, and demanded Arryn give up his wards. So the rebellion was based on Aerys being mad, and Arryn sticking by Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon. Saying it was "based on a lie" implies they weren't justified.

5 minutes ago, kukukazoo said:

Nope. Lyanna ran off with Rhaegar without telling her family, so her brother charged into King's Landing looking for answers (and demanding her back), Aerys captured him instead, and when Ned's father came Aerys murdered them in horrific ways, and demanded Arryn give up his wards. So the rebellion was based on Aerys being mad, and Arryn sticking by Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon. Saying it was "based on a lie" implies they weren't justified.

A lie of omission, and a fairly substantial one at that! Kinda rude to let the realm descend into a catastrophic civil war while you're off on your months-long honeymoon.

7 hours ago, Hajk1984 said:

Because that makes Dany his aunt. Now the show is a bit more ambiguous on her views on this. The book Dany probably wouldn't care about this one way or the other. Incest is not an issue for her. She's willing to marry Aegon (if he had lived). Jon, however, might have huge issues with it. The guy who wouldn't lie to Cersei despite the cost being the loss of a necessary truce may simply not accept it. If they are already in love by then, I don't see Dany taking this well. 

Well they are already in love so that's a moot point. She's also pregnant. The conversation in the Dragon Pit about Mirri Maz Duur being an unreliable source wasn't exactly subtle foreshadowing. So as long as Aejon enjoyed his romp on the boat, the best option for both at this point would be to marry. First, Aejon gets a smokin' hot wife. Second, Altho' Jon would have to sit the Iron Throne as King, Dany as Queen would be able to do what she does best, rule. Both would likely be happy with that setup. And third, the yet to be born Eddard Targaryan could be the start of a new kinder, gentler dynasty. It's a win-win.

12 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

Well they are already in love so that's a moot point. She's also pregnant. The conversation in the Dragon Pit about Mirri Maz Duur being an unreliable source wasn't exactly subtle foreshadowing.

I assumed that Daenerys based her belief on being barren on not having a period anymore rather than the word of Mirri Maz Duur. It seems that her monthly period wasn't a dead giveaway for Daenerys. Maybe her education just wasn't that big on the facts of life?

52 minutes ago, kukukazoo said:

Actually, the official version of the events is that she was kidnapped and raped - the event that lead to Brandon and Rickard's deaths and their deaths lead to other events in turn - and Bran has just discovered that she actually ran off and even married the prince on her own will. That's why he said "based on lie". It all has started with her "kidnapping and raping". Aerys, being the biggest idiot and a madman, just put some oil on small fire  and it burst out.

1 minute ago, Zumbs said:

I assumed that Daenerys based her belief on being barren on not having a period anymore rather than the word of Mirri Maz Duur. It seems that her monthly period wasn't a dead giveaway for Daenerys. Maybe her education just wasn't that big on the facts of life?

Do not remember anything in the show about her period, but in the books she had her periods, I suppose, since she had miscarriage in the end of Dance and thought it was her period, which she was missing for some time.

Hi everyone sorry in advance if it s not the place to ask but do we know is they re leaks/spoiler  abouts jonxdany in S8? I m still over the moon after yesterday final but I m adraid that the honeymoon won't last :angry:

After my period of euphoria ,come down might be painful:(

So if it s not the place would be So kind to sterred  me towards the right place ?

thank u very much 

17 minutes ago, Zumbs said:

As I recall (could be wrong) didn't Jon ask straight up why she thought she was barren and her response was the Maegi said so. She didn't imply there was any medical or monthly proof of this condition. In Dany's defense, she prob'ly assumed Mirri Maz Duur was correct since Dario never knocked her up.

Edited by Super Mario

3 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Kind of ungrateful on Sansa's behalf.  She only escaped King's Landing and Joffrey because of Petyr.  He did actually love her, in his own twisted way.

She was only a prisoner at King's Landing because of Petyr's duplicity.  It's like killing somebody's puppy and then giving them an ice cream cone.  Gratitude would not be a likely or reasonable response.