The younger, more beautiful queen . . .

7 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Just because people question one of your ideas doesn't mean you're dumb.

I've raised plenty of ideas that didn't pan out because of something I hadn't thought of. (Mostly on the book sections of the forum, but that still counts, right?) In fact, that's half the reason for suggesting them—I probably wouldn't have thought of the holes in my idea, but now I know them.

I just mean...most of my ideas are random spur of the moment thoughts and whatnot.....versus a lot of the people who seem to have very very deeply thought out theories and plots and whatnot

so I guess I always feel like a subpar fan *shrug*

Which is why my ideas are pretty dumb in the long run

I just apologize when I think I might've done something wrong is better because I do wrong things all the time and I've been told by family that if I don't apologize or assume I've done something bad then I'll ruin things so I'd rather not ruin things? It's better to call yourself dumb than to ruin things.

10 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Can you find even a single example? The R+L=J thread on this forum is up to 164 threads. Theories about his real name aren't part of the summary page or the FAQ for it. Searching the last few threads, the only time anyone raised the name "Aegon" was to refer to his half-brother, or to one of his polygamous ancestors (as justification for why he might be legitimate).

Since the episode, there's one person who claims he had a theory about this a few years ago and everyone else told him he was wrong and he hasn't mentioned it since.

And another guy who referred to the leaks about this episode to propose a theory that book!Jon really is Aegon, but it's because the real R+L baby was switched with Aegon, so Jon is Elia's son.

You may be right. I also can not seem to find many old sources using quick searches at least. I was probably projecting what I had taken for granted for a long time ever since I was familiar with R+L=J. 

I truly hope that Gurm manages to write an ending that solidifies his anti-feudal message. I would really hate it if it ends with a golden age under Dany. My ideal would be that the dead wipe out the majority of Westerosi before the living achieve a Pyrrhic victory, so that whoever sits on the iron throne controls a kingdom of bitter subjects. Maybe Cersei causes Dany to die, but she remains on the Iron Throne at the end, with a potential revolution brewing as the end to the series, so the prophecy would be indirect. I know that many fans wouldn't like this though.

12 minutes ago, House Bannister said:

I truly hope that Gurm manages to write an ending that solidifies his anti-feudal message. I would really hate it if it ends with a golden age under Dany.

If it's going to end with Dany, I'd hope he'll show her just starting her reforms, and make it clear that there's going to be lots of hardships, there's definitely no guarantee she'll succeed, and even if she does it'll probably take longer than her lifetime.

The fact that even D&D seem to have thought about this and put similar words into Tyrion's mouth gives me hope that GRRM will as well.

Daenerys is the only other queen.  No other woman is more beautiful than Cersei.  Certainly not Arya.  Daenerys is the most beautiful woman in the world.  And she is destined to sit on the iron throne and rule Westeros.  Cersei's purpose is to pave the way for a queen to rule Westeros instead of a king.  That role may fall to Arrianne in the books but on the show that role belongs to Cersei.  The child baking in Cersei's belly and her public admission that it is Jaime's will also pave the way for the acceptance of Dany's relationship with Jon.  The meaning of "take everything that is yours" really hits home when you consider that Cersei paved the road that will bring the iron throne to Daenerys Targaryen.  Cersei has always been the primary human villain from the start and Daeneys the primary protagonists, so it is fitting that they have the roles that they do.  Sansa, Arya, and Yara are only secondary characters. 

Book Jon is a wight.  I don't think he will ever sit on the iron throne and rule.  He's just not good at it.  He will probably fight the NK one on one on the show and somehow pull out a victory but die in the end.  He has no other purpose.  His life was always destined for this one purpose.  That is why he ended up at the wall.  He said his oaths and took those vows.  His one and only job in this world is to fight the Others. 

7 hours ago, Pandean said:

TBH I feel like TYMBQ being Dany is too obvious? I don't really think she'll survive the entire series but I've been wrong before obviously. It definitely could be though. The only other current option is Sansa and I don't see her sitting on the Iron Throne either.

There has already been a red herring to this prophecy; Margaery.

I doubt there will be a second,which means that that Dany is TYMBQ.

Its Sansa. The North made Jon king. They can unmake him. 

Danaerys seems doomed. Missendei brought up one arrow killing her before the attack on Casterly Rock. Then again here its mentioned by Jorah that one arrow in the north can kill her. One spear killed Viserion while Dany wore White and Gold, Viserion's colours. Ygritte was killed with one arrow. I see history repeating.

Maybe it isnt Dany... but Jon and Danys's Daughter after Dany dies?  The baby is what solidifies the north and house T... IDK

Just saying.

GRRM has said the ending will be bittersweet.

Jon dies killing the nights king (or becomes him etc), Dany dies during Childbirth.  Jorah and Tyrion raise the baby queen.

Maybe Jon gets a taste 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:03 AM, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Its Sansa. The North made Jon king. They can unmake him. 

Danaerys seems doomed. Missendei brought up one arrow killing her before the attack on Casterly Rock. Then again here its mentioned by Jorah that one arrow in the north can kill her. One spear killed Viserion while Dany wore White and Gold, Viserion's colours. Ygritte was killed with one arrow. I see history repeating.

Maybe after Dany dies, Jon realizes he is into the incest angle and marries one of his cousins.  Then Sansa or Arya can choke the life out of Cersei.  Arya certainly fits the murderous part of the prophecy,* while Sansa the beautiful part. Maybe he marries them both!  GoT has it all.  Polygamous incest (or is it incestuous polygamy?).

I'm kidding, of course, but we seem to have two obvious foreshadowed events that conflict on the surface - Dany being the younger queen who ends Cersei and Dany dying in the fight to save her kingdom.  Perhaps they find a way to dispatch Cersei before the final battle with the NK, but that seems a bit unlikely given Cersei's strategy to let her enemies wear themselves out in the North without her.  It would seem to be a reversal for her to decide to follow Jaime north or for Dany to detour to deal with Cersei. The only thing I can think of is if Cersei loses the baby and realizes Jaime is the only family she has left to save.  

* Arya could choke out Cersei wearing the face of Jaime or Tyrion to get both parts of the prophecy in one.

5 hours ago, Pandean said:

I just mean...most of my ideas are random spur of the moment thoughts and whatnot.....versus a lot of the people who seem to have very very deeply thought out theories and plots and whatnot

so I guess I always feel like a subpar fan *shrug*

Which is why my ideas are pretty dumb in the long run

I just apologize when I think I might've done something wrong is better because I do wrong things all the time and I've been told by family that if I don't apologize or assume I've done something bad then I'll ruin things so I'd rather not ruin things? It's better to call yourself dumb than to ruin things.

FWIW I much prefer your ideas to most of the over thought out crap. Spur of the moment reactions and thoughts generate discussion; a lot of the 'intellectual' stuff on here just makes me groan and often close the thread even if I could contribute in some way.  Please keep doing what you are doing.

12 hours ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

The younger, more beautiful queen is Daenerys Targaryen.  The one who will take everything from Cersei.  I can't wait to see this happen. 

1. My questions is, when will this happen?  Before the final battle with the Night's King?  After the battle with the Night's King?  I am leaning towards AFTER the final battle with the Night's King and Daenerys is ready to set her plans in motion to break the wheel. 
  2. Daenerys will become Queen of Westeros.  And even though I don't like Jon, I believe he will rule beside her.  Similar to Allysanne and Jaeherys did two hundred years ago.  I don't see any other candidates, at least not on the show.
  3. More dragon eggs will be found or laid.  The dragons are needed to balance out the White Walkers. 

Agreed.

1. After the NK's death I would assume. I think they are going to go fight the war north of the wall before the one south of it.

2. I don't think Jon and Danny will rule together, it would be too cliche of an ending in my opinion. One will die. I bet on Danny. Jon dying twice in the show would be weird.

3. The show will probably end with dragon eggs being laid or found (after they were laid by Drogon) and all the dragons will be dead.

Just my guesses.

I hate this assumption people make that all the dragons will die.

That wouldn't be bittersweet. It would just be bitter. Plus, *if* the plan for the ending is someone from Team Targaryen on the throne, they'll be pretty toothless without the Dragons.

On the topic at hand, it's plain as the nose on your face that Danaerys is the YMBQ. She is younger, more beautiful, and a Queen, and is planning to take everything Cersei has. Nobody else fits the bill. 

I don't mind a bittersweet ending, but I don't see an ending that is tenable or believable unless one side definitively wins the civil war. 

10 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Its only "obvious" now because we have known this for decades and overspeculated it to death. Its as "obvious" as R + L = J. 

In the context of the story, Cersei first thought it was Sansa, then she thought it was Margaery, so it is quite fitting that its actually the young queen she was not bothered about until the last couple of books / seasons. Its what the story has been building up to for years.

Forcefully changing the end game just for the sake of a twist because fans have figured it out, is just bad and contrived writing. 

This. We have overanalyzed everything to death and want everything to be complicated and have a double (or triple) meaning. Some things may just be what they appear. 

I always assumed TYMBQ would either be Dany, or whoever Jon marries if Dany dies. If Dany dies before another confrontation with Cersei the only appropriate one left for Jon to marry would be Sansa I guess. 

34 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

The dragons are basically WMDs; their destruction would be a blessing.

So what? WMDs are good. Don't forget that the most peaceful era in the history of the Seven Kingdoms was when Good King Jahaerys ruled wisely alongside Alysanne. And a f**kload of Dragons.

When the Dragons died out, there was constant war and misery, and count 'em, five Blackfyre rebellions.

14 minutes ago, Johnimus said:

So what? WMDs are good. Don't forget that the most peaceful era in the history of the Seven Kingdoms was when Good King Jahaerys ruled wisely alongside Alysanne. And a f**kload of Dragons.

When the Dragons died out, there was constant war and misery, and count 'em, five Blackfyre rebellions.

I'm sure that's what the children thought when they created the white walkers.   The dragons and the Targaryens have caused plenty of misery.

Edit: The reigns of Aegon's successors were not exactly peaceful despite the example of one good king. You know what? There weren't any major wars during Robert Baratheon's reign either (the greyjoy rebellion was over in less than a year).

8 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

I'm sure that's what the children thought when they created the white walkers.   The dragons and the Targaryens have caused plenty of misery.

The Targaryens have caused no more misery than any other House. Probably less than, for example, the Greyjoys, whose people have reaved and raped and stolen for centuries under Greyjoy lords and Hoare Kings alike. Did Tywin Lannister need a Dragon to drown women and children at Castamere? The Dragons aren't to blame, people are. And in a feudal society, Lords have to be kept in line. So long as there are ambitious and ruthless people with access to arms, only the threat of destruction will keep the peace. And the Targaryen dragons did that, until Viserys I screwed up the succession and set Dragon against Dragon.

If there is to be peace in Westeros when this is all said and done, the only guarantor of that peace will be Drogon's fire, ready to rain down on those who would threaten the people. So I hope they'll survive the story. And I think they will.

Archived