The younger, more beautiful queen . . .

4 hours ago, Sasha said:

Well, another, not others. And they're not very young and beautiful.:P

I do believe that it means Daenerys. Cersei hated Tyrion from the start and she is sooo sure he is the valonquar. 

Could be Jaime (her twin but younger brother, Martin told us, maybe for a purpose), could be Tyrion, could be Arya (valonquar maybe a sister), could be her unborn baby (who is a valonquar, younger brother/sister)...:) 

Only on the show. In the books, the White Walkers/Others are supposed to be beautiful.

You're probably still right that any females wouldn't be younger than Cersei.

14 hours ago, Sasha said:

I do believe that it means Daenerys. Cersei hated Tyrion from the start and she is sooo sure he is the valonquar. 

Could be Jaime (her twin but younger brother, Martin told us, maybe for a purpose), could be Tyrion, could be Arya (valonquar maybe a sister), could be her unborn baby (who is a valonquar, younger brother/sister)...:) 

With six episodes left, the most likely younger queen seems to be dany. But that seems too obvious to be true. I know this is a stretch, but Sansa could declare herself queen in the north, refuse to bend the knee and eventually end up displacing cersei. But I really don't see this happening.

As for the valonqar, I'm almost certain it's Jaime. Cersei thinks they will leave the world together, but I believe she is wrong.

5 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

With six episodes left, the most likely younger queen seems to be cersei. But that seems too obvious to be true. I know this is a stretch, but Sansa could declare herself queen in the north, refuse to bend the knee and eventually end up displacing cersei. But I really don't see this happening.

As for the valonqar, I'm almost certain it's Jaime. Cersei thinks they will leave the world together, but I believe she is wrong.

You mean Daenerys or Cersei?

1 hour ago, Apoplexy said:

Yeah, I meant Daenerys..

It does feel obvious i agree. Not sure though if that means it won't happen or even more importantly if it shouldn't happen. 

At this point we are 92% (67/73) of the way through the story. Would be weird at this point if certain things were not obviously going to happen since things should be well set up at this point. The trick is how do they execute the broader plot point. I think back to breaking bad, it was clear at a certain point the Walter White was going down, the interesting thing was how he would go down. 

How Daenerys takes everything Cersei holds dear and how Cersei reacts to it I think is just as potentially interesting. If done well it should be an incredibly powerful moment on both sides.

For Dany because we have literally seen her go from woman sold off and raped into all mighty conqueror and world historic figure. How will she react and process that she has now acheived what she first decided she wanted to do back in Season 1? Is she satisfied? What are her plans now? What will be her first act? What will she do with Cersei? How does she feel about having walked in the foot steps of Aegon the Conqueror the greatest Targaryen? How does she feel about having restored her family to power after they had been brutally stripped of everyhing? 

For Cersei, power has been everything to her. How does she deal with it being taken from her? Is she distraught or resigned? How does she feel that she treated Sansa terribly because she feared her being the the YMbQ? How does she feel about how she treated Margarey and her destruction of the alliance with the Tyrells and arming of the Sparrows because she thought Margarey was the YMBQ? 

So much stuff there that could be mined for drama that it should he incredible even though we think its likely dany.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:25 AM, Pandean said:

I just mean...most of my ideas are random spur of the moment thoughts and whatnot.....versus a lot of the people who seem to have very very deeply thought out theories and plots and whatnot

so I guess I always feel like a subpar fan *shrug*

Which is why my ideas are pretty dumb in the long run

I just apologize when I think I might've done something wrong is better because I do wrong things all the time and I've been told by family that if I don't apologize or assume I've done something bad then I'll ruin things so I'd rather not ruin things? It's better to call yourself dumb than to ruin things.

Keep sharing! This is the first forum I've joined (they didn't exist when I was young and writing in my diary lol), and I love seeing ideas! Reminds me of literature courses. I haven't been on here much, but your thoughts are always good and make me think harder. Please keep sharing!! 

39 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

How does she feel that she treated Sansa terribly because she feared her being the the YMbQ? How does she feel about how she treated Margarey and her destruction of the alliance with the Tyrells 

Wait...we're still talking about Cersei right? :P
The woman is petty enough to have a no-name drunk commoner in the street murdered by the mountain because he smack-talks her in front of his friends. 
When someone (Dany?) tries to take her power away from her, the only thing she has left, she will react like a cornered and desperate animal: lash out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she decides to take half of Kings Landing with her in a blaze of wildfire.

13 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Wait...we're still talking about Cersei right? :P
The woman is petty enough to have a no-name drunk commoner in the street murdered by the mountain because he smack-talks her in front of his friends. 
When someone (Dany?) tries to take her power away from her, the only thing she has left, she will react like a cornered and desperate animal: lash out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she decides to take half of Kings Landing with her in a blaze of wildfire.

That would be super interesting and agree she would probably try to do that. 

I still want my scene though where Cersei comes to terms with the fact that she effectively caused her own downfall by trying to prevent this prophecy although maybe it's an unrealistic wish and we effectively got the regret  we will get with the scene after Myrcela's death. 

While they cut it from the show, the full prophecy does seem to imply that Cersei will actually process everything she lost and weep over it before being killed. 

"And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you"

On 9/12/2017 at 4:00 PM, MinscS2 said:

People can have subjective opinions whether Emilia Clarke is beautiful or not, but Daenerys the character is supposed to be the most beautiful woman currently alive in Westeros, and she is younger than Cersei for sure, and she is a queen if that is of any consequence. 

Sansa is also younger, but she is a wildcard when it comes to beauty, I'm not sure how beautiful Sansa is "supposed" to be in the story, and currently she's not a queen. 

Not sure how anyone could deny Emilia's beauty, it's rather obvious. She may not be everybody's "type", some prefer tall thin model types for instance, but being attracted to someone is different than recognizing beauty. There are women I detest but still recognize they are physically beautiful.

As for Sansa, Sophie is clearly a very lovely young lady which fits since Sansa in the story is supposed to be quite pretty indeed, I think. If memory serves she was often compared to her aunt Lyanna who was of course considered beautiful enough for Robert and Rhaegar to war over. Whether that makes Sansa more beautiful than this one or that one is, as you say, subjective, but I believe the character herself is supposed to be beautiful in her own right.

1 hour ago, Super Mario said:

Not sure how anyone could deny Emilia's beauty, it's rather obvious. She may not be everybody's "type", some prefer tall thin model types for instance, but being attracted to someone is different than recognizing beauty. There are women I detest but still recognize they are physically beautiful.

As for Sansa, Sophie is clearly a very lovely young lady which fits since Sansa in the story is supposed to be quite pretty indeed, I think. If memory serves she was often compared to her aunt Lyanna who was of course considered beautiful enough for Robert and Rhaegar to war over. Whether that makes Sansa more beautiful than this one or that one is, as you say, subjective, but I believe the character herself is supposed to be beautiful in her own right.

Arya's the one who gets compared to Lyanna. Sansa looks like her mother Catelyn did at her age.

1 hour ago, Super Mario said:

In the book one of Arya's nicknames is 'Horseface', that doesn't sound much like Lyanna.

The books mention a couple of times that Arya and Lyanna do look a lot like eachother. 

If I'm not mistaken, the books also say that Arya looks like Jon... No surprise there since Jon's mother is Lyanna. 

1 hour ago, Kytheros said:

Arya's the one who gets compared to Lyanna. Sansa looks like her mother Catelyn did at her age.

Yeah. In the book Jon is also told all the time how he looks like Ned. And in the show they even tell Jon in the face he doesn't look like Ned. As if looking like a Stark matters ...

5 hours ago, Super Mario said:

I personally think that Emilia is very beautiful as well, but I've read quite a few comments from people who consider her to look "meh" or downright ugly (although I doubt the sincerity in some of those posts). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but my point was that no matter what people think of Emilia, Daenerys is supposed to be the most beautiful woman in Westeros right now. :)

As for Sansa, as others have said, in the books she takes after her mother and looks more like a Tully than a Stark. Sophie Turner does as you say look like a lovely young lady, I just personally don't know how beautiful Sansa is said to be in the "canon". People who have read the book, feel free to correct me, but isn't Cersei also supposed to be beautiful (minus the whole drink-till-your-face-is-puffy-thing she has going for her in the books?) Canon-wise, do we know for sure that Sansa is more beautiful than Cersei?

Emelia is pretty but I can see how she'd be considered bad by some. Sometimes her head looks a bit too large for her body. And while I like her expressive face, she can look ugly in some pics. 

My only real issue with her is her dark brows when she wears the wig. Other than that, I find her average. Not ugly, but not double take sexy. 

I think the only issue here is that people think their vision of beauty is somehow the standard for all. 

But a question . How come some folks (on less refined sites) get so upset when I say Sansa is pretty and Sophie and Kit would look oretty together? No matter how I word it, people come back to Sansa and Jon shipping and explain why it's dumb. Meanwhile I'm just saying they both look attractive. 

1 hour ago, MrJay said:

Emelia is pretty but I can see how she'd be considered bad by some. Sometimes her head looks a bit too large for her body. And while I like her expressive face, she can look ugly in some pics. 

My only real issue with her is her dark brows when she wears the wig. Other than that, I find her average. Not ugly, but not double take sexy. 

I think the only issue here is that people think their vision of beauty is somehow the standard for all. 

But a question . How come some folks (on less refined sites) get so upset when I say Sansa is pretty and Sophie and Kit would look oretty together? No matter how I word it, people come back to Sansa and Jon shipping and explain why it's dumb. Meanwhile I'm just saying they both look attractive. 

People just have a visceral reaction to Jonsa because most Jonsa shippers tend to be really annoying, I think there is a whole Jonsa v Jonerys thing that has gone on in Reddit threads and it doesn't make much sense psychologically. Humans develop incest taboos normally in child hood and it really has nothing to do with blood and everything to do with growing up together. I think it's called the Westermark effect or something like that starting with a W. Given incest taboos likely exist in the North even if Sansa/ Jon find out they are only cousins the thought of hooking up should still disgust them. 

That is one reason why Jonerys will likely work in the end. Even when they find out they should still be sexually attracted to each other since they didn't grow up together so while logically they will know they are related the part of their brains that deal with attraction will not be affected unlike with Jonsa. Of course this matters for Jon. Daenerys did not grow up with anything resembling normal incest taboos.

But yes Sophie and Kit are pretty people and outside the context of the story would look good together. 

10 hours ago, jcmontea said:

People just have a visceral reaction to Jonsa because most Jonsa shippers tend to be really annoying, I think there is a whole Jonsa v Jonerys thing that has gone on in Reddit threads and it doesn't make much sense psychologically. Humans develop incest taboos normally in child hood and it really has nothing to do with blood and everything to do with growing up together. I think it's called the Westermark effect or something like that starting with a W. Given incest taboos likely exist in the North even if Sansa/ Jon find out they are only cousins the thought of hooking up should still disgust them. 

That is one reason why Jonerys will likely work in the end. Even when they find out they should still be sexually attracted to each other since they didn't grow up together so while logically they will know they are related the part of their brains that deal with attraction will not be affected unlike with Jonsa. Of course this matters for Jon. Daenerys did not grow up with anything resembling normal incest taboos.

But yes Sophie and Kit are pretty people and outside the context of the story would look good together. 

Thanks a bunch. I should have known it would be some kind of big deal. Wonder if anyone has ever been killed for shipping the wrong fictional couple? 

34 minutes ago, MrJay said:

Thanks a bunch. I should have known it would be some kind of big deal. Wonder if anyone has ever been killed for shipping the wrong fictional couple? 

Lol. Incredibly enough people take their ships seriously. Especially in this fandom where there have been so many freaking ships and people get attached to the characters. I didn't even know what ship meant until I started reading ASOIF meta.

Archived