Best lines of 707

As others have said,

Arya-"My sister asked you a question." The little lean, the small smile. Maisie Williams does a great job this whole season of, "I don't like you sister, but let an outsider try to come between us...: Love is more than like. Classic sibling behavior.

Tyrion and Theon-"Remember when we discussed dwarf jokes?" Tyrion has always embraced his deformities, and tried to used them to his advantage.

And an un-line- The way Jon and Daenerys look at each other after he knocks on her door. (I know, aunt-nephew gross) but whatever anyone says about their dialogue, especially this season, the facial expressions they have given this season have actually had me believing.

8 minutes ago, Ser Egghead said:

And an un-line- The way Jon and Daenerys look at each other after he knocks on her door. (I know, aunt-nephew gross) but whatever anyone says about their dialogue, especially this season, the facial expressions they have given this season have actually had me believing.

The scene was cleverly narrated by Bran.

"He loved her... and she loved him."

For me:

1. "My sister asked you a question." I think the whole arguing and dislike Arya and Sansa showed was real. I mean, they never got along from the beginning. But unlike the Southron Catelyn and Lysa, they are Starks, and will always put family first. (I've actually re watched the entire episode multiple times, eagerly awaiting this line.)

2."I respect what you did. Wish you hadn't done it, but I respect it."  This is as close at this point as Dany could come to say, "I love you. Even though you're an idiot. A nice evolution from "You know nothing, Jon Snow.

3. "You remember when we discussed dwarf jokes?" "His wasn't even good." Tyrion has neve shied away from being a dwarf. And if someone made an actually funny dwarf joke, I'm pretty sure he'd be the first to laugh.

4."Raaawr" both from Drogon and unViserion. 'Nuff said.

5. "Talk to me about my father, if you want. Tell me that's what got him killed." More of a soliloquy than a lime, but it encompasses Jon for me.

6. "I made a promise" Show Jamie catching up to book Jamie

7. Two un-lines.

a. The look on Cersie's face as the wight charged. the only thing I've seen to truly rattle her.

b. Jon and Dany's shared look after he knocks on her door. (I know, I know, incest) but they way they have looked at each other, or the looks on their face when discussing the other all season.

On 8/28/2017 at 0:36 PM, Sand11751 said:

Not really the line, "Won't be me" but the look on Sandor's face when he and Brienne are talking about Arya. A look of almost fatherly pride that she's finally able to defend herself and doesn't need either one of them.

Yeah, that's great stuff.

The scenes where Arya was travelling with Sandor are some of my absolute favorites in books and show.

If GRRM had written 3 books with nothing else besides "The Adventures of Arya and Sandor", I would have gladly read it all.

On 8/28/2017 at 0:56 PM, LadyFitzRandolph said:

You don't have to choose. You're a Greyjoy and you're a Stark. I was almost in tears. 

Yeah, that was a great scene, and great work by both actors.

I think a lot of viewers will be crying when Jon is finally reunited with Arya.

On 8/28/2017 at 1:01 PM, Deminelle said:

Dany: "I can't have any children."

What a nice way to hit a guy so he won't have to worry about contraception. ;)

VERY interesting!!

I never thought about that!

And Jon, of all people, would be very keen to learn that bit of information.

Remember, years ago (Season One?) when Jon was telling Sam the reason he never had sex was cuz he was afraid the girl would get pregnant and Jon would be bringing another "bastard" into the world??

So yeah, when Dany said that to Jon, I think she as giving him the green light, and he got the message, loud and clear.

"The way is clear.  Do not fear!"

On 8/28/2017 at 1:46 PM, Megorova said:

Dany said: We will sail together.

But what she actually meant is: We will spend lots of quality time together.

Great post!

Yeah, I had a nearly identical thought, and I'm guessing Jorah (who was trying to convince her to fly on her own) did too.

Speaking of Jorah, I wonder if he will EVER realize that he has NO chance with Dany???

I mean, my goodness, how many good looking young guys does he have to watch her hook up with before he FINALLY figures out that he's really just not her type??

On 8/28/2017 at 2:48 PM, Deminelle said:

The whole discussion of taking a boat or fly to Winterfell. What they really mean is more interesting than what they are saying.

Jon: "We can sail to White Harbor. Then we can ride together to Winterfell." (You have to say yes, so we can have some fun time in your cabin.)

Jorah: "Perhaps you should fly to Winterfell, Your Grace. Yada yada yada..." (I'm not gonna let that kid have sex with you.)

Jon: "It's your decision, Your Grace... it's important for the Northerners to see us as allies." (Don't listen to that old man. I wanna see you naked.)

Jon: "I think if we sail to White Harbor together, it sends a better message." (Go on, tell him already, we're together.)

Dany: "We sail together." (We're definitely doing it.)

Jorah: (Oh, pants.)

HAR!!

Great stuff, I like the way you think!  Very clever!!

Yeah, I was reading between the lines during that scene too.

And the sad, lost, puppy known as Jorah Mormont was left as the useless 3rd wheel yet again.

Honestly, I'm surprised it was Tyrion who saw Jon go into Dany's room, not Jorah.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:03 PM, Ghosteline said:

"How can we fight together if we tell lies" - Jon

"Fuck off" - Hound

"The only one who needs protection is the one getting on her way" - Brienne

"My apologies" - Dany

"Have you ever considered lying, ..just a bit.." - Tyrion

"He was never a bastard"  -  Bran

Great stuff.

Out of all of those, Tyrion's is my favorite.

Peter Dinklage is just about always spot on with his delivery, inflection and emphasis.

He's the best actor in the entire series, in my opinion (other actors have GREAT scenes, too, but I think Peter Dinklage is the most consistently great)

On 8/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, Yukle said:

I liked when Viserion said, "ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Up until that moment, all of the people below the Wall treated the Army of the Dead like scum but that joke really broke the ice.

HARR!!

Very clever!!

Well done!

6 hours ago, Cron said:

HAR!!

Great stuff, I like the way you think!  Very clever!!

Yeah, I was reading between the lines during that scene too.

And the sad, lost, puppy known as Jorah Mormont was left as the useless 3rd wheel yet again.

Honestly, I'm surprised it was Tyrion who saw Jon go into Dany's room, not Jorah.

This could be foreshadowing that Tyrion will be the first to break the news about Jon's identity to Dany and/or Jon. After all Tyrion was the one to discuss about succession. 

3 hours ago, Deminelle said:

This could be foreshadowing that Tyrion will be the first to break the news about Jon's identity to Dany and/or Jon. After all Tyrion was the one to discuss about succession. 

Interesting.  Do you think Tyrion is jealous?  I do.  I think he wants Dany (just like pretty much every other guy), and is jealous of Jon.

2 hours ago, Cron said:

Interesting.  Do you think Tyrion is jealous?  I do.  I think he wants Dany (just like pretty much every other guy), and is jealous of Jon.

That was in my mind before the last episode. For some reason I have suspicions about Tyrion's loyalty to Dany now that he met Cersei alone. We didn't see everything. I'm not sure if he would have made any plans with Cersei, but he may have some ideas of his own. She is pregnant with Lannister baby after all. This is not the Tyrion we saw during the first seasons.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

I don't think he is jealous, I think he is worried about the appearance.  They just met about how to enter the North and what way would send a better message.  I bent the knee because she bent my cock doesnt  send the best message and if you remember, Baelish has already put this thought into Sansa's head.  That's what she is going to think immediately.  Jon is making a stupid decision because the dragon queen has put a spell on him and he is in love.  

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

That was in my mind before the last episode. For some reason I have suspicions about Tyrion's loyalty to Dany now that he met Cersei alone. We didn't see everything. I'm not sure if he would have made any plans with Cersei, but he may have some ideas of his own. She is pregnant with Lannister baby after all. This is not the Tyrion we saw during the first seasons.

Hmmmm...VERY interesting.

So, you think Tyrion might betray Dany, cuz he's upset that she's with Jon and not Tyrion?

Oh, what a tangled web we weave!!!  Could make for good storytelling!!! (Quite a few characters have flipped from good to bad and bad to good, why not Tyrion?!!?!)

But I don't think that's Jaime's baby in Cersei.  I think it's Euron's.  Time will tell...

(P.S.  By the way, I like your name.  Is it something you can tell me where you got it from?)

16 hours ago, Cron said:

Great stuff.

Peter Dinklage is just about always spot on with his delivery, inflection and emphasis.

He's the best actor in the entire series, in my opinion (other actors have GREAT scenes, too, but I think Peter Dinklage is the most consistently great)

I also think that Aiden Gillen and Conleth Hill are absolutely outstanding as Petyr and Varys. All of those extra scenes with them chatting added for the show that weren't in the book were magnificent.

Even now, the line, "Chaos isn't a pit... it's a ladder..." gives me chills.

Gillen's performance as Littlefinger breaking down when he realises all of his schemes have led to his ruin, and he is revealed as the coward who always hid behind the actions of others (which he of course manipulates) was outstanding.

The scene itself... well, not so good, but I was completely taken in by how well he acted it. His acting was the scene's saving grace.

16 hours ago, Cron said:

HARR!!

Very clever!!

Well done!

Hehe, thanks. :P 

16 hours ago, Cron said:

Great stuff.

"And one Clegane Cunt to help them see it through" Tyrion 

that was a great line.  

Archived